IGNORED

New Harmony product: Harmony Encore

batari

I asked friends and family and Harmony Forte seems to be the winner, though it was close. Plus does work, but the clincher was that Forte has multiple meanings that all seem to fit.

This guy will love it:

youtube.com/watch?v=PTfkpL7P-Es

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTfkpL7P-Es

• Like 1

Damn it, you beat me to the Will Forte reference.

Harmony Will Forte edition, with his picture on the cover as "The Falconer" with Donald.

http://carmanlam.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/300px-snl-falconer.jpg

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 1

At this time, bB DPC+ games can have high resolution playfields and 10 multicolored sprites. The default is 32k (only banks 2 through 6 are free for normal use), but you only have 26 variables and they can get used up in a nanosecond even if you try to squeeze out every bit. If you want more variables, you have to start killing off your extra sprites:

Well, that would explain why even 32K bB games rarely wow me compared to even 4K games written in assembly.

If bB is set up to use zero-page memory for variables (as I imagine it is), no amount of RAM will give you more variables. Maybe there could be the concept of "local variables" that live in the same bank as the code that refers to them and are slower to access than the normal ones, but that would introduce a lot of complexity for the compiler, I'd think.

Still looking forward to what people produce (never expected to see something like Princess Rescue made with bB, for example) but also looking forward to the inevitable resurgence of the code equivalent of haiku. Nothing but good is going to come of the Harmony Forte (yay, sounds like we have a name!)

How about Perfect Harmony since it's designed to play everything? :)

Pretty awesome it can run the 64k DPC+ homebrews, not even the Kroc can do that!

Is anyone currently making (or have plans to make) games bigger than 64k?

There are no "batari Basic 1.1d DPC+" 64K options. DPC+ kernel only currently can use 32K. (I only wish there were DPC+ 64K!!!)

The 64K option is for batari Basic 1.0.

Very confusing, I know.

I thought the Kroc (or is it the Cuttle) CAN play 64K batari Basic?

There are no "batari Basic 1.1d DPC+" 64K options. DPC+ kernel only currently can use 32K. (I only wish there were DPC+ 64K!!!)

The 64K option is for batari Basic 1.0.

Very confusing, I know.

I thought the Kroc (or is it the Cuttle) CAN play 64K batari Basic?

That is confusing, I expected the DPC+ kernel to have the upper boundry.

I think the Kroc and the Cuttle can both run 64k binaries.