IGNORED

New Harmony product: Harmony Encore

batari

You can now order Harmony Encore at http://harmony.atariage.com

The site just went live a few minutes ago and I've tested it, but please let me know if you have any comments or issues.

Thanks!

I cannot order for "Other", when PayPal comes up it says:

"...PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

Return to Erstwhile Technologies

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Erstwhile Technologies and try another option..."

Problem shows up on IE and Firefox latest versions.

Edited by vectrexroli

Fixed it... I cut and pasted when I should have copied and pasted :dunce: But international orders should work now.

Thanks, but I still see the same issue. I cleaned the browser caches, reloaded the page and tried even with a 2nd Internet provider and different PC, same result there.

Could it be it has something to do with some kind of proxy from your web provider? Anyway, I will try it again tomorrow.

Edited by vectrexroli

Long time lurker here...I've been picking up flash carts for my old systems over the last couple of years and have been waiting for the Encore once I hard about it several months ago. Just a few quick questions (I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for).

Is the MicroSD version completely internal or can you still access the card from outside the cart? Are there any pictures or video of the Encore (both SD and MicroSD versions)? Lastly, are there plans of a Deluxe edition for the Encore?

Thanks for the great product - can't wait to pick one up!

Long time lurker here...I've been picking up flash carts for my old systems over the last couple of years and have been waiting for the Encore once I hard about it several months ago. Just a few quick questions (I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for).

Is the MicroSD version completely internal or can you still access the card from outside the cart? Are there any pictures or video of the Encore (both SD and MicroSD versions)? Lastly, are there plans of a Deluxe edition for the Encore?

Thanks for the great product - can't wait to pick one up!

The microSD plugs in a slot on the top of the cart but the card sits flush with the casing, just like phones and such do. I don't have any pictures to post right now but I can later when I build the next batch of carts (should be tomorrow.)

I could produce a Deluxe edition, but I would prefer to wait until I can put some Encore-only game demos or homebrews on the SD. Since I obtain permission for all homebrews I have on the SD, this may take some time.

• Like 1

The microSD plugs in a slot on the top of the cart but the card sits flush with the casing, just like phones and such do. I don't have any pictures to post right now but I can later when I build the next batch of carts (should be tomorrow.)

I could produce a Deluxe edition, but I would prefer to wait until I can put some Encore-only game demos or homebrews on the SD. Since I obtain permission for all homebrews I have on the SD, this may take some time.

What are the Encore only demos? I know Boulderdash would be one. Zippy? Princess Rescue?

What are the Encore only demos? I know Boulderdash would be one. Zippy? Princess Rescue?

Boulderdash demo - yes. I don't recall its size, but it uses added RAM the Harmony doesn't have.

Zippy demo - no, it is 32K.

Zippy if you had been a play-tester - yes.

Princess Rescue - no.

I don't know of anything else that needs Harmoy Encore, unless someone is sharing their more than 32K batari Basic project.

The DPC+ batari Basic Kernel only makes 32K size ROMs, no more, no less.

Thanks for the clarification. Pics of both SD And MicroSD carts would be appreciated, but it's not a big a deal as I assume they're mostly the same. Can I assume the SD version looks pretty much the same as the regular Harmony cart in terms of slot location and the cut in the cart/shell?

Boulderdash demo - yes. I don't recall its size, but it uses added RAM the Harmony doesn't have.

Princess Rescue - no.

I don't know of anything else that needs Harmoy Encore, unless someone is sharing their more than 32K batari Basic project.

Oh, shoot. That's right. I've played the Zippy demo on my regular Harmony.

You can now order Harmony Encore at http://harmony.atariage.com

The site just went live a few minutes ago and I've tested it, but please let me know if you have any comments or issues.

Thanks!

I don't see an option specifically for Harmony Encore. Are you only selling the Harmony Encore revision now? Is the $59.99 price the price of the encore?

Thanks for the direct link. I tried it in Google Chrome and it does show up there, but in Firefox it only shows the second line. I wonder if it's just my system that's screwed or something firefox related.

It's probably your cache in Firefox. Load the site again and if it's still not there, press CTRL+F5 and you should then see both lines.

Princess Rescue - no.

Stella's Stocking: 64kbytes!

I'm gonna sound like the biggest snob right now but I am really a sucker for deluxe edition of flash carts, It's just nice to have a case and such ^^; So I'm probably gonna hold of and buy it as soon as such an edition is out.

I'm really looking forward to actually get myself one tho :)

Just a quick question.

There aren't any pics to compare but will the SD cart stick out of the cartridge compared to the MicroSD version. And is there any reason to choose one over the other? Just curious.

OK, so is this the flash cart that will play 7800 games? I remember the 7800 cart was going to be called Encore. Then it was changed to Concerto. Now there's a new cart called Encore being released when the Concerto was only a few weeks/months away. I checked the store. The description just states that it plays the last 1% of the 2600 games. I don't know specs of MB, KB capacities of the different game consoles, so that means nothing to me.

Thanks guys.

I'm gonna sound like the biggest snob right now but I am really a sucker for deluxe edition of flash carts, It's just nice to have a case and such ^^; So I'm probably gonna hold of and buy it as soon as such an edition is out.

I'm really looking forward to actually get myself one tho :)

Just a quick question.

There aren't any pics to compare but will the SD cart stick out of the cartridge compared to the MicroSD version. And is there any reason to choose one over the other? Just curious.

The deluxe edition of the original Harmony doesn't include as case as far as I know, so I doubt this one would either. I'm holding out for the Stone Age Gamer to make a 2600 BitBox which they mentioned a while back that it was in the road map (maybe next year at this point?). Until then I'll probably mod a Universal case. The deluxe edition Harmony comes with an SD card loaded with homebrew and tools, a USB cable, and a color manual.

OK, so is this the flash cart that will play 7800 games? I remember the 7800 cart was going to be called Encore. Then it was changed to Concerto. Now there's a new cart called Encore being released when the Concerto was only a few weeks/months away. I checked the store. The description just states that it plays the last 1% of the 2600 games. I don't know specs of MB, KB capacities of the different game consoles, so that means nothing to me.

Thanks guys.

This is the 2600 version. You want the Concerto. See the 'What About Harmony 2?' section of the original post in this thread. Also this.