IGNORED

New Harmony product: Harmony Encore

batari

• 4 weeks later...

Some research indicates there are at least two old DPC+ versions out there. I have created a BIOS update that handles these two known variants. Please test on all DPC+ games you have, and if any don't work, please let me know so those can be handled as well.

To update BIOS: copy the two files to the root directory of your SD card. Make sure no other files starting with "hbios" exist on your card other than the one provided in the attached zip file, then insert the card in your Harmony and select the "BIOS_updater.cu" and it will update your BIOS.

just seen this update

I live in PAL land and the update is NTSC

will it be fine to use this or is there a PAL version update

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

"Does anyone know if the Harmony Encore cartridge is available?" If so, ``Where can I purchase one for my 2600?" I currently own a Harmony cartridge; however, I would like to purchase an Encore cartridge as well.

Thanks a bunch.

http://harmony.atariage.com/Site/Harmony.html

Well, that's 4,000 8K ROMs.

I just wonder where you get such small carts nowadays.

I ended up using a 2GB SD card with my Harmony Cart because the tiny 32MB one I had wouldn't work. Sure it's overkill beyond belief, but it's what I had laying around. :)

I had stocked up on 2Gb SD cards a couple years back because my XP laptop had an SD card reader that didn't support SDHC. There was supposedly an updated driver for the card reader that supported high capacity cards but XP refused to install anything but the default generic driver from 2001.

My Nikon camera has a 32Gb high speed SDHC card and I recently bought a bunch of 8Gb SD cards during the post-thanksgiving sale and one 32Gb, to upgrade my Everdrives. My Harmony uses a 2Gb and the N64 ED v3 now has a 32Gb. That's more than enough for every game ever made. It's ultra high speed and my v3 Everdrive can boot a 64Mb ROM instantly. Boggles the mind... :o

I also recently upgraded my Wii-U with a 128Gb PNY USB3 stick. Expensive but I can write it off as a school expense... :evil:

• 4 weeks later...

Plan to get an Harmony Encore .. what is the preparation/delivery time ? Just to figure out if I have to wait a few days/weeks/months to get it ... hopefully it will be a few weeks :-)

Btw, I PMed Batari 2 weeks ago as proposed in the FAQ but no answer so far ... :-)

Same here, wonder if maybe the emails are getting caught in a spam filter? I'm looking to have my current cart upgraded to the Encore.

did you check her? http://harmony.atariage.com/Site/Harmony.html

has time arrival estimates, and also an email address instead of PM option.

1. .How long until my cartridge arrives?

A. Harmony cartridges are built-to-order and shipped out once per week, typically on Friday or Saturday. USA orders typically arrive 3-10 business days after the order is placed. International orders usually arrive in 2-3 weeks, but sometimes they take five weeks or more.

1. Q.How do I contact someone for more information?

A. Send a PM to batari on Atariage or send an email to c9r over at hotmail. Please use "harmony" somewhere in the subject line.

Edited by evg2000

There is a bug in some of the DPC+ games out there that is only now being exploited by Encore hardware. It was fixed years ago, well before Encore was conceived, but apparently there are more games out there still using the old code with the bug. I thought it only affected bB games, but it sounds like Space Rocks may have the old code as well.

If you have any DPC+ games that don't work, please post them here and I can provide fixed versions that do work on Encore.

What's the most recent DPC+ driver? I want to make sure I'm using it for the DPC+ARM Development series.

Perhaps we should rename the file from DPC+.arm so it's easier to know which version is being used. If we went by dates, Space Rocks is using DPC+20110109.arm while Stay Frosty 2 is using DPC+20121020.arm.

I think there's some info missing from DPCplus.h too, isn't there a copy feature? Might be other things missing as well. If so, I should probably get that info in place.

Edited by SpiceWare