IGNORED

New Harmony product: Harmony Encore

batari

Just to be clear... the upgrade/trade-in fee will be either $25 or $40 depending on how old your cartridge is.

If you purchased it on or after November 2013, the upgrade fee is $25 (your board already supports the extra chips needed for Encore.)

If you purchased it before November 2013, it will be $40. The price is more because your board does not support Encore hardware, so this isn't an upgrade but a trade-in. I plan to clean up, reprogram, repair (if necessary) and resell your trade-in cart as "refurbished" at a lower price than a new standard edition, with the understanding that it is not upgradeable.

Of course, If you want to buy an Encore outright, you can - the cost is $85.

It will be a few weeks after CGE before Encores are available online (mostly due to limited supplies at the moment.) I will also try to get the upgrade/trade-in program in place about that time, then make refurbished trade-in carts available as well once I have enough of them.

• Like 3

I think you're crazy offering trade-in! Spending all that time refurbishing...

We need you working on batari Basic kernels! Oh, and Concerto!

But what do I know?

Thank you for this trade-in! (You should set "for a limited time".)

Both of mine are "before 2013" but the SD one boots a bit slower than the microSD one.

Is that due to the speed of the card?

Is this trade-in for all previous Harmony?

I guess it doesn't matter as you are still going to sell them as "standard edition non-upgradeable" right?

I still haven't decided if I am going to trade-in or buy new.

I really like having 2, and I use 2, but I might not get use from 3.

Then getting the 7800 Concerto...

Decisions, decisions...

• Like 2

Batari, this is just a thought. Lots of people trade stuff into the AA store for credit. Maybe you can work a deal with Albert to accept Harmony carts for store credit in the AA store. Albert could then bulk ship the old Harmonies to you in exchange for the credit vouchers. Since Albert already hosts the Harmony store at harmony.atariage.com, maybe you guys could work a deal to make it easier on people and give them more options.

Also, once the new Harmony is released, you may find it difficult getting rid of the old non-upgradable models. I just don't want you to get stuck with old inventory.

I think you're crazy offering trade-in! Spending all that time refurbishing...

I'm gonna keep my old 2600 Harmony and buy the 7800 Concerto.

Ditto on both statements.

batari, your offer is extremely generous but really unnecessary. I echo iesposta's comment, with all due respect, and include, you're nuts. :)

There should be no trade-ins for this already amazing, awesome, and 'steal of a deal' product.

This is a hardware homebrew where you are already not even come close to being compensated for your time, labor, and other resources. You are not a huge company with deep pockets, which by the way, would have not offered such a thing.

For example, imagine someone looking for a trade-in or discount on a Atari 7800 system, or a 5200, because they want to trade in a 2600 to Atari. Similarly, imagine someone looking for a discount on the 5200 adapter module that plays 2600 games, because they bought a 2600 previously and will trade it in. Or imagine someone trying to tell Nintendo they want a deal or break on the top loader NES because they bought the original/toaster model already - and even paid to have that unit repaired - and will trade it in.

Atari and Nintendo would have told that person to take a hike.

IMHO, you deserve full support and my "old" harmony is staying with me. Looking forward to purchasing the products(s) whenever it is available for purchase.

I just don't want you to get stuck with old inventory.

EXACTLY...and a good reason, in part, why I'm trading nothing in and buying a Concerto outright along with buying an Encore for my Woody; despite already owning the original Harmony, which was a steal itself. batari is *way* too generous and self-sacrificing with this product.

Regardless, thank you batari! The Harmony (line) is an excellent tool for players and developers alike. It is whole-heartedly and greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

batari, your offer is extremely generous but really unnecessary. I echo iesposta's comment, with all due respect, and include, you're nuts. :)

There should be no trade-ins for this already amazing, awesome, and 'steal of a deal' product.

My thoughts exactly.

Also your talent should not be "wasted" with such labor.

• Like 3

I highly doubt that. I can't make it to CGE, but I gave my Harmony to a friend. He is going to try to have both of ours upgraded/traded in (both are pre-2013).

good to know I'm on the fence right now,but I'm thinking of trading in as well, only have one 2600, and I don't know if my show in il will happen. I'll se how it goes on sat.

I originally decided on the upgrade program so people would still buy Harmony after I announced Encore early this year. I think the upgrade program still makes sense and I will continue that regardless. With upgrades, there is nothing to resell (if your board is upgradeable, send it to me and I will attach the extra hardware to your existing board) and I am keeping my word to those who purchased upgradeable units that this option will continue to be available.

I will see how the trade-in program goes, though. I suspect that I will still be able to sell the refurbished units if the price is right, so I will try it for a while. If I get overwhelmed with trade-ins and/or the units I have are moving slowly, I may suspend trade-ins. For now I am taking on this risk but I believe they will sell.

trek look for guy wearing the harmony cart logo (yin/yang) and a qr code on a back of his shirt I had to chase him down.

if your paying via paypal make sure your cell phone is confirmed because it seems that for security reasons if you sent an invoce

paypal needs to make its it you. I couldn't get it working my google voice or my other voip numbers. so I had to pay cash now I need to head to cvs for the atm to use the chase atm to avid the fees.(he doesn't have a table so he wondering around)

star, yes cge

trek look for guy wearing the harmony cart logo (yin/yang) and a qr code on a back of his shirt I had to chase him down.

if your paying via paypal make sure your cell phone is confirmed because it seems that for security reasons if you sent an invoce

paypal needs to make its it you. I couldn't get it working my google voice or my other voip numbers. so I had to pay cash now I need to head to cvs for the atm to use the chase atm to avid the fees.(he doesn't have a table so he wondering around)

star, yes cge

Okay Las Vegas... I thought the one in portland wasn't to come until later this year. So many events, too far away...

star, yes cge

I'm going to have to keep walking around to see if I find him. Thanks.