IGNORED

New Harmony product: Harmony Encore

batari

I was there and got so drunk that I thought a guy in a wheelchair was R2-D2. When "R2-D2" wouldn't sign my butt with a Sharpie, I punched him in the "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope." hole.

The text above is not true. I was not there, I don't drink alcohol, I didn't punch a guy in a wheelchair, and I never asked a fake robot to sign my butt with a Sharpie (anywhere at any time).

• Like 2

Likewise, Dan. Insofar as my accent, it is hard to place because it is a result of a the mix of places I've been to. I'm Hispanic (from Puerto Rico) and learned English as a kid, then lived in Oklahoma for college, also lived in the NJ/PA area for a few years, and in Miami for over 22. :)

It was great to meet everyone! Thanks to all and especially to the CGE crew, they did a great job. I spent half the time in the game room (mostly why those couldn't find me Saturday.) Then I really enjoyed the screening of the Alamogordo documentary a lot. I recommend you all see it when it comes out later this year. It was great to meet HSW too!

Sorry if I missed anyone - I do have two carts left that I will hold for anyone who was there but didn't happen to see me, so send a PM if you want to purchase one now, as it will be a little while before Encores will be available online - some supplies are low at the moment and I want to take care of this issue so I can build the stock back up first.

Then I really enjoyed the screening of the Alamogordo documentary a lot. I recommend you all see it when it comes out later this year.

I know it's off topic, but is there any chance of this getting a DVD release? I heard it will be an Xbox exclusive. I do not own nor plan to own an Xbox and I'm not signing an Xbox Live account just to stream this movie online.

I also streamed the Chasing Ghosts documentary on Netflix and enjoyed it, but was really disappointed it never had a DVD release. :sad:

It was great to meet everyone! Thanks to all and especially to the CGE crew, they did a great job. I spent half the time in the game room (mostly why those couldn't find me Saturday.) Then I really enjoyed the screening of the Alamogordo documentary a lot. I recommend you all see it when it comes out later this year. It was great to meet HSW too!

Sorry if I missed anyone - I do have two carts left that I will hold for anyone who was there but didn't happen to see me, so send a PM if you want to purchase one now, as it will be a little while before Encores will be available online - some supplies are low at the moment and I want to take care of this issue so I can build the stock back up first.

Woops! I've sent a PM, but just I've noted you said is only for those who where at the CGE... :_(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I just got an Atari 2600, and i'm going to get a flashcart.... When wil the Harmony Encore be available for purchase online? Thanks. :)

Get the latest revision of the Harmony cart and send it in for an upgrade when the encore is ready. Pre-2013 Harmonies (like mine) are non-upgradable, but the new ones are.

Get the latest revision of the Harmony cart and send it in for an upgrade when the encore is ready. Pre-2013 Harmonies (like mine) are non-upgradable, but the new ones are.

Thanks for the reply, the trouble is, since I'm in Italy, if i get a classic Harmony I should send it back to the States for upgrade ect.... So if the waiting period is acceptable, i would rather get directly an Encore cart :)

Thanks for the reply, the trouble is, since I'm in Italy, if i get a classic Harmony I should send it back to the States for upgrade ect.... So if the waiting period is acceptable, i would rather get directly an Encore cart :)

Same here, I wanted to order a Harmony, but with an enhanced version coming "soonish", I might be better off waiting for that one, as the shipping costs back from and to Germany will be too high.

So I'll follow this topic and hope for a nice christmas gift to myself then ;-)

I keep looking for changes on the harmony Cart order page every day it seems..... Harmony Encore ..... Any news on release? I live in the UK and would prefer to purchase the upgraded Harmony Cart "Encore" as to save on postage costs. I imagine batari and the guys are quite busy finalising this product.

Same here, I wanted to order a Harmony, but with an enhanced version coming "soonish", I might be better off waiting for that one, as the shipping costs back from and to Germany will be too high.

So I'll follow this topic and hope for a nice christmas gift to myself then ;-)

I keep looking for changes on the harmony Cart order page every day it seems..... Harmony Encore ..... Any news on release? I live in the UK and would prefer to purchase the upgraded Harmony Cart "Encore" as to save on postage costs. I imagine batari and the guys are quite busy finalising this product.

Osborne Computing effect...

Maybe Batari was too quick to announce the Encore? :P

Either way, I bought the Harmony in 2012 and have no regrets. Even without the upgrade, it is a solid piece of tech. Maybe 2% of homebrews don't work on it.

Edited by stardust4ever

Encore will be available at PRGE on Oct. 18-19. Rick said that he'd find me a foot and a half of table space somewhere :) When I know where exactly, I will post back here. You can buy outright or trade in at PRGE.

Sometime around October 20-23, the order page for Encore will go up and anyone can order.

Sorry about the delays. They are due to needing a new run of boards and more of the SRAM chips.

• Like 8

Encore will be available at PRGE on Oct. 18-19. Rick said that he'd find me a foot and a half of table space somewhere :) When I know where exactly, I will post back here. You can buy outright or trade in at PRGE.

Sometime around October 20-23, the order page for Encore will go up and anyone can order.

Sorry about the delays. They are due to needing a new run of boards and more of the SRAM chips.

So is this order page up now? If so, where can it be found? I've never had the Harmony. And I've been holding out for the Encore. I can't wait to get it. Please let me know if this can now be purchased. Thanks!

So is this order page up now? If so, where can it be found? I've never had the Harmony. And I've been holding out for the Encore. I can't wait to get it. Please let me know if this can now be purchased. Thanks!

Try here:

http://harmony.atariage.com/

I don't think the Encores are up yet. No offense to Batari as he makes an awesome product, but since I have an original Harmony, I've decided to keep it and wait for the H2/Concerto (Harmony for 7800) which supports 7800 games in addition to backwards compatibility with the Encore.