batari

New Harmony product: Harmony Encore

Did you even ask for a replacement before bashing the whole product this way?

BTW: Many people seem not to know how to remove a spring loaded MicroSD cart correctly. Instead of pushing, they pull the cart and easily break the tiny mechanics of the slot.

I've used SD cards for over a decade now. I know they push in and push out with a click. This one never did click right out of the package! I have tried several other SD cards in it thinking that it might be the card with no difference. For the price charged I expected better quality- that's all. Very disappointed and as I said cannot recommend to my readers.

Countless other people never had any issues with the "click" mechanism even after years of daily use. :roll:

That said, if he broke it by yanking the SD card instead of pressing down, then it isn't a warranty issue, it's user negligence. Perhaps read the manual next time! :mad:

Protip: Most broken stuff can be jury-rigged to make it work again. Masking tape over the card end will keep it from ejecting. :thumbsdown:

I wish I would have gotten "years of daily use" out of this, then I wouldn't be so aggravated. After years of reading online how great these are and then finally getting the money to buy one and it not performing as stated, I can understand the price drop now.

• Like 1

I can understand that you are disappointed now. But IMO your reactions seem way over the top. And any generalizing about the device is completely unjustified.

Calm down and contact the seller, please. If the cart was DOA you will get a replacement for sure.

I've used SD cards for over a decade now. I know they push in and push out with a click. This one never did click right out of the package! I have tried several other SD cards in it thinking that it might be the card with no difference. For the price charged I expected better quality- that's all. Very disappointed and as I said cannot recommend to my readers.

I wish I would have gotten "years of daily use" out of this, then I wouldn't be so aggravated. After years of reading online how great these are and then finally getting the money to buy one and it not performing as stated, I can understand the price drop now.

Hmm...sounds like you happened to have received a bad cart, but I'm sure the seller will take care of you.

I have two Harmony carts, an original that is several years old (purchased it used from Digital Press store) and a Harmony Encore that's about a year old now. Both work as advertised and I can't tell you how many times I've removed the card to add a new ROM. Just this week, I added the latest WIP's of Wizard of War and Aardvark to each one. :)

• Like 3

Concur with the others, it's a well made product. If you bought it from Atari Age, you'll get a replacement I'm sure. If you bought it from ebay or something "unofficial" they may have sold you a broken item.

Concur with the others, it's a well made product. If you bought it from Atari Age, you'll get a replacement I'm sure. If you bought it from ebay or something "unofficial" they may have sold you a broken item.

Came directly from Fred.

At the risk of getting ripped apart here for asking a tired question, I am new to the Harmony and Harmony Encore scene and am looking to buy one of them, but how many games as of April 2019 can be played in the Encore which cannot be played in the original Harmony cart? Does the Scramble homebrew play in them both?

• Like 1

At the risk of getting ripped apart here for asking a tired question, I am new to the Harmony and Harmony Encore scene and am looking to buy one of them, but how many games as of April 2019 can be played in the Encore which cannot be played in the original Harmony cart? Does the Scramble homebrew play in them both?

I have an original Harmony cart for years and I would like to know which games can only be played with Encore.

Scramble works on a regular Harmony as does Draconian, Space Rocks, Mappy, Super Cobra, Stay Frosty 2, and all of the other DPC+ and CDF games. There are a handful of games that only work on Encore; to name a few off the top of my head: Zippy, Stella's Stocking, MegaBoy. There are a number of demos that only work on Encore as well.

• Like 3

Batari. I have a Harmony encore cart that is no longer working. I purchased this roughly 6 months ago. How can I exchange it or get it fixed.

It's been a long time coming but I finally placed an order for an Encore cart this evening!  I've been saving my Paypal pennies and got the magic amount and I was excited to finally get my order placed!

Looking forward to getting this cart and having a blast!  Thanks Batari for continuing to keep these carts available!