IGNORED

In-place Ultimate 1MB / Incognito ROM editor and flash tool

flashjazzcat

The note is a statement of fact and implies neither support nor any contribution from you or atari8warez. It's possible to inspire others without knowingly doing so, after all. Now: what you remind me of here is someone spoiling for an argument. You've expressed your disinterest in the project, so I don't expect to see any more trolling comments. Thanks in advance.

Not trolling, just wanted the info from the horses' mouth...

Not really. As Candle had encouraged me to make a Universal Flasher in the beginning (after creating the flasher for Incognito)...

I don't know that. I know that I'm extremely satisfied by the Uflash for a8 fjc wrote. It has done a lot for me and my hardware already.

My Incognito boards are still in the pink foil ... If I decided to install them in my 800's ... I'll certainly try your program, and give some feedback.

I don't know that. I know that I'm extremely satisfied by the Uflash for a8 fjc wrote. It has done a lot for me and my hardware already.

My Incognito boards are still in the pink foil ... If I decided to install them in my 800's ... I'll certainly try your program, and give some feedback.

That's cool... I don't discourage others to use uflash, it's just not my cup of tea...

The note is a statement of fact and implies neither support nor any contribution from you or atari8warez. It's possible to inspire others without knowingly doing so, after all.

Please elaborate, what I interpret as a negative statement could be *lost in translation* of *English Humor* that us *Yanks* don't always get :)

The note is a statement of fact and implies neither support nor any contribution from you or atari8warez. It's possible to inspire others without knowingly doing so, after all. Now: what you remind me of here is someone spoiling for an argument. You've expressed your disinterest in the project, so I don't expect to see any more trolling comments. Thanks in advance.

You are so full of yourself it is unbelievable, did I express any interest or disinterest or did I ever say "go write your own flashing utility". So what is it that motivated you to also include my name on a project that I have absolutely nothing to do with. I mentioned Atarigeezer's name on my software because at the time he challenged me in writing my own if i didn't like his - and that was a statement of fact -, but what is your excuse? Why don't you just go ahead and include everybody else's name too, after all there are a handful of people here who would love to be in your fan list.

have you fixed the freezing problem in GOS (i.e. former GUI) yet or are you still struggling? GOS is quickly becoming the never ending story of a cooperative multitasking graphical operating system for the 8 bit ataris. Will my great grandson be able to see it running a few real applications without crashing?

Edited by atari8warez

@a8w HAHA! I found that youtube movie very cool. I love British Humor a lot. My wife doesn't like it, but I'm a huge fan.

By the way, I don't want to throw oil on fire... but don't you know that situation where you are inspired or motivated by something or someone, even without that person knowing? I seriously think it's the opinion of the reader (receiver) itself that reads fjc's site, that makes the comment a problem.

You could take his words as a compliment too, but for some -to me very unclear reason- AtariGeezer did not take it as a compliment.

Does this say something about FJC or something about AtariGeezer?

You wrote to FJC that he is full of himself... well I must honestly admit that I'm rather full of FJC myself. I really appreciate his software productions, and his knowledge. To be honest... when FJC writes something, for some reason I trust the program almost by default.

I consider you too as a very cool and kind person, and for some -again to me very unclear- reasons you and fjc can't get along very well.

Anyway... let's get back on topic.

• Like 1

@a8w HAHA! I found that youtube movie very cool. I love British Humor a lot. My wife doesn't like it, but I'm a huge fan.

:thumbsup: to your wife lol.....

By the way, I don't want to throw oil on fire... but don't you know that situation where you are inspired or motivated by something or someone, even without that person knowing? I seriously think it's the opinion of the reader (receiver) itself that reads fjc's site, that makes the comment a problem.

In that particular scenario FJC wasn't really inspired or motivated by me, what motivated him is the prospect of solidifying his self-promoted Atari guru status even more by trying to make Atarigeezer's software absolete and his flasher the de-facto flasher for all available devices. I don't include myself or my version of the flasher in the equation as my ROM Builder software was written in response to Atarigeezer's challenge and I never had the intention of making it mainstream or continually maintain it. Do you, for one second believe, that FJC put that acknowledgement there because he really thinks we deserve any credit? I don't.

You could take his words as a compliment too, but for some -to me very unclear reason- AtariGeezer did not take it as a compliment.

Does this say something about FJC or something about AtariGeezer?

I certainly do understand why Atarigeezer doesn't take it as a compliment having myself lived through some of FJC antics and behavior towards others.

You wrote to FJC that he is full of himself... well I must honestly admit that I'm rather full of FJC myself. I really appreciate his software productions, and his knowledge. To be honest... when FJC writes something, for some reason I trust the program almost by default.

And that's fine, I simply don't share that sentiment. I value people first with their character rather than what they can or cannot do, their software prowess is secondary to me.

Speaking of character, knowledge and ingenuity, I would say Phaeron is one of the top guys in Atari scene, and I do have great respect for him. He doesn't code for the Atari but he is one of the most knowledgeable person about the system and he is not making a big deal of it either, that's the type of person I recognize.

Edited by atari8warez

...and for some -again to me very unclear- reasons you and fjc can't get along very well.

There's a simple answer to this question. FJC is able to get along with everyone else on this forum bar one, while atari8warez regularly courts criticism and is no stranger to several users' ignore lists. He also suffered a quite high-profile ban from a thread he persistently crapped on. He's also insanely jealous of the popular, productive figures on this forum, apparently regarding them as egoists or part of some back-slapping clan.

So there's the answer: such people are very hard to get along with, and the implication that I'm sharing a proportion of the blame for not being able to get along with two jealous jerks irritates me immensely.

I'm also tired of logging in to find my threads looking like this:

post-21964-0-49345800-1425930693_thumb.png

and this:

post-21964-0-69132900-1425930368_thumb.png

Plenty of room left on the ignore list, though, which is where the next person who urges me to make peace with either of these members of the "look at me" brotherhood runs the risk of ending up, although no offence is intended towards Prowizard: you get that one for free. ;)

• Like 1

Plenty of room left on the ignore list, though, which is where the next person who urges me to make peace with either of these members of the "look at me" brotherhood runs the risk of ending up, although no offence is intended towards Prowizard: you get that one for free. ;)

Wow, scary threat.. people should run for cover... lol

I can't see what you're saying Ray... you're on the ignore list. Keep it up, though: can't wait to see the second ban. Perhaps a dozen spam posts ought to do it. ;)

Can the user not have a big button to block this tosser from all their threads? Would be a boon to new members, I should think.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 2

I can't see what you're saying Ray... you're on the ignore list. Keep it up, though: can't wait to see the second ban. Perhaps a dozen spam posts ought to do it. ;)

Ha ha, I am on the ignore list yet someone somehow is always aware about my comments. Do yourself a favour and stop pretending that you're not on the prowl.

And that's fine, I simply don't share that sentiment. I value people first with their character rather than what they can or cannot do, their software prowess is secondary to me.

Speaking of character, knowledge and ingenuity, I would say Phaeron is one of the top guys in Atari scene, and I do have great respect for him. He doesn't code for the Atari but he is one of the most knowledgeable person about the system and he is not making a big deal of it either, that's the type of person I recognize.

Thanks for the acknowledgment, but I would appreciate it if you would stop invoking my name in the middle of these stupid fights that are polluting the forum.

• Like 1

Thanks for the acknowledgment, but I would appreciate it if you would stop invoking my name in the middle of these stupid fights that are polluting the forum.

You're welcome, i'd be more careful in the future about where I mention your name. I can appreciate the concern as I too don't appreciate to be mentioned where its not needed.

Received the first of three interesting emails this evening:

post-21964-0-14916400-1426116225_thumb.png

The originating IP address happens to belong to http://atari8warez.com. Presumably Ray used my email address by mistake when signing up (which is fortunately easily fixed). I have forwarded the email to Albert.

Subsequent emails (also forwarded to Albert) are of the same ilk.

I trust this speaks for itself.

Edit: make that around a dozen emails and counting, all using variations on fjc as the username.

Edited by flashjazzcat