IGNORED

junkman jr.

marc.hull

I never tried the JUNKMAN JR. on the "Win994a" before now. It started with the first level and then went right to the title screen or locked-up right away each time. Does anybody know more about it and the program (if it just doesn't work correctly under W994a)?

Concerning JUMP MAN JUNIOR, I've never heard of it for the TI. From what I have, I have versions on the C64, the Atari line, and colecovision (with regular JUMPMAN on Apple, C64, and Amiga). I've never even played it and I wonder if if JUNK MAN JUNIOR is a clone of sorts.

Edited by GratedTopping

I never tried the JUNKMAN JR. on the "Win994a" before now. It started with the first level and then went right to the title screen or locked-up right away each time. Does anybody know more about it and the program (if it just doesn't work correctly under W994a)?

I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm sorry I cannot help. It works okay in Classic99 and on the real thing. Maybe it could be as simple as changing the atributes from V9T9 to TIFILES?

[media][/media]
  • Like 2

I believe that Jump Man Jr. was actually announced for the TI, but it never made it out into the wild, if programming on it was even started. I say that because the announcement was shortly before TI pulled the plug--and almost none of the software announced at that point in time ever saw the light of day. Even some of the programs that were demonstrated at the Summer 1983 CES, like Choplifter!, never surfaced again.

I believe that Jump Man Jr. was actually announced for the TI, but it never made it out into the wild, if programming on it was even started. I say that because the announcement was shortly before TI pulled the plug--and almost none of the software announced at that point in time ever saw the light of day. Even some of the programs that were demonstrated at the Summer 1983 CES, like Choplifter!, never surfaced again.

Thanks James.

That confirms what I had heard and believed as well. At least until last Friday anyway............. 8-0

I'm still having problems with the JUNKMAN program. No matter what version I have, it fails in Win994a. In CLASSIC99, things are way too slow. It seems that, with the latest CLASSIC99, many things are too slow -- or even too fast. ALPINER, for example, is too fast -- but the music is too slow. I think I'll see if I can find the older version of C99. Something seems a bit off...

I've tried it on an older Classic99 (3.32 from 2009) and it plays fast enough (but still locks up).

Oh...and Confucius say: "GratedTopping, who cooks carrots and peas in a pot, is unsanitary."

* Okay, it's working well under the latest C99. Changing the video 'filter mode' to NONE instead of Super2xSaI (the default) made the difference. Under 'stretch mode', using a DXfull setting also was an option that made it playable.

Edited by GratedTopping

I'm still having problems with the JUNKMAN program. No matter what version I have, it fails in Win994a. In CLASSIC99, things are way too slow. It seems that, with the latest CLASSIC99, many things are too slow -- or even too fast. ALPINER, for example, is too fast -- but the music is too slow. I think I'll see if I can find the older version of C99. Something seems a bit off...

No issues with the program on my end with Classic 99. Fun game actually, and I'm adding it to the next Gameshelf update list.

I've tried it on an older Classic99 (3.32 from 2009) and it plays fast enough (but still locks up).

Oh...and Confucius say: "GratedTopping, who cooks carrots and peas in a pot, is unsanitary."

* Okay, it's working well under the latest C99. Changing the video 'filter mode' to NONE instead of Super2xSaI (the default) made the difference. Under 'stretch mode', using a DXfull setting also was an option that made it playable.

What are your system specs?