IGNORED

PRO(C) ATARI - new printed atari 8bit magazine

powersoft

Update:

German issue is finished and copies sent to ABBUC for spreading.

Also on the VSt Meeting in Stuttgart-Leonberg I spread some.

Great feesback yet from all whom seen...

English Edition:

50% of the magazine is already translated.

THANKS STEVE!!!

I already layoutet 10% of this.

During the weekend I will take care of and doing more.

Hope to release the english edition by end of the month!

Cheers mates

and thanks for your interest.

I will keep you updated!

• Like 2

Update:

Already translated: 66,66%

Already layoutet: 66,66%

So expect the english edition soon...

One week before shippings start, I will post it here with the PayPal adress for payment.

magazine will be euro 1,50

postage for 1-2 magazines within germany euro 1,50

postage world 1-2 magazines unregistrated mail euro 3,50

questions?

please post here...

Cheers

Markus

• Like 1

I am sure also a spanish and any other language edition would be cool and find it fans.

But to be honest: How should I work out this? if the magazine would be full time job, it may work - but this will never happen sadly...

I think to have a magazine which is available in german and english is more than we ever had in the Atari scene.

and things must grow now:

More fans interesting to write articles

More fans supporting the magazine

To get a even better magazine at least.

And if those things works fine we think about next step :)

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers

Markus

• Like 2

if the magazine would be full time job, it may work - but this will never happen sadly...

I have to agree. It is quite a lot of work. Working on the translations, it takes quite a bit of time (and I still have a fair few more to do!). Markus has to work on all the layouts and fitting the text in, and co-ordinating with me while also collecting articles to print.

Markus, any chance of a free English copy? :)

Aaaahhhmmm Steve...

you never read the small printed sentence in the contract?

Everbody helping out in the magazine has to pay double price :)

Nooooo, just kidding...

Sure thing my friend - this is the minimum I can do for you.

I got more things to plan and release and so you will profit here for your great work :)

I have sesen several email income...

So I have to hurry up with my work here in my flat to continue the english version...

Cheers

Markus

Hello Mario

Just out of curiosity: How many people in the Atari 8 bit scene do speak Spanish but don't speak English?

Sincerely

Mathy

Not sure, but it's not only English knowledge. Some of them could read english but avoid the effort.

I think, Spanish people that don't speak english, maybe it's the same proportion that Polish people doesn't speak english.

• Like 2

Hey Peter,

yes - a lot to read therefor sometimes a bit to small letters. But this I will work out for next issue better.

I asked in alphabetical order, yes. But to be honest: It seems I was too tired too as I didn't fix it correctly, haha! So let's say: It was a try from us to see who reads the magazine carefully and ask for this, ok :)

And yes, this 80ies style was important for me to transport. Nevertheless, colored Screen-Shots which we never had on Atari Magazine or Zong these times back. So a new old school styled magazine, hehe!

Glad you like it. Enjoy reading and I wait for Steve's latest translation to make the english version ready. Stay tuned and watch out here. I will post it as soon we got the english version ready.

Nevertheless I have o say there is a big interest into the magazine. Just sold yesterday a few magazines, also to not Atarians, they just say: They must support this, the idea is so great! That's quite cool... Hope let's start Atari conquering the world again...

Cheers

Markus

Right then all, just to let you know that I have completed the English translations.

NOTE: This doesn't mean it is all ready for posting!

Jason will be working on proofreading. Translating is a tiring job I've found! Fresh eyes are needed.

Markus: Could you take a look at the WASD article when you receive it? It was difficult to translate. Could you just amend it a little and then ask Jason to take a look over it?

And Markus will need to lay out the text into the backgrounds, and I guess there may be other things that need doing too.

I hope that every one enjoys it and I hope that you all find it good for a first go! I've got my German copy here and it is looking good.