IGNORED

Found a local shop with a few Jag games!

Eltigro

Finding Jaguar games in used game shops around here is pretty rare. I went into one shop that I had been in before and was surprised that they had a (one) Jaguar game. It was Wolfenstein 3D. Then I went to another shop that I didn't know was there (was at a pet store and saw it in the same shopping center). This place had more Jag games. The only one I bought was Tempest 2000 (cart only), but they had three boxed games and three other cart only games. (One of the boxed ones was another Tempest.) Will have to go back next payday.

I'll have to dig my Jag out of a box later today and find the right AC adapter and try out Tempest. I've never played it, but hope it is as good as you guys have advertised.

(Amazingly, that second place also had about ten TurboGrafx games, which is almost as rare as finding Jaguar games. Got Galaga '90. :) )

• Like 6

Make double sure you use the RIGHT kind of power supply before you plug it into the Jag!

Finding Jaguar games in used game shops around here is pretty rare. I went into one shop that I had been in before and was surprised that they had a (one) Jaguar game. It was Wolfenstein 3D. Then I went to another shop that I didn't know was there (was at a pet store and saw it in the same shopping center). This place had more Jag games. The only one I bought was Tempest 2000 (cart only), but they had three boxed games and three other cart only games. (One of the boxed ones was another Tempest.) Will have to go back next payday.

I'll have to dig my Jag out of a box later today and find the right AC adapter and try out Tempest. I've never played it, but hope it is as good as you guys have advertised.

(Amazingly, that second place also had about ten TurboGrafx games, which is almost as rare as finding Jaguar games. Got Galaga '90. :) )

• Like 1

Actually was just going through things right now to try to find the Jag power cord. I found one I think was the one I used with it, but the specs don't exactly match up to what I've found online. It outputs 15VDC and 1500mA. It is center negative though, so I think it might be the one I used. I got my Jag second hand and it had the original RF adapter, but an off-brand AC adapter. Any ideas if this will work?

Okay, the adapter worked, but it scared me at first. Thought I might have red screened, but the game was just dirty or something.

So far, Tempest is pretty fun, but hard. I can definitely see where a rotary controller would be a huge advantage. Half the time, I end up spinning the wrong way. :-D

Wolfenstein 3D was really good on the Jaguar, so if you feel like playing it on there, I'd recommend getting it.

Good job!It always feels special to find your local used games store selling some Jaguar games. Tomorrow, I will go to the flea market....I know this "store" on the market that will sell me a near-mint copy of Raiden for 25 dollars or so, maybe even less. I once got Iron Soldier for 10 bucks all complete.

Okay, the adapter worked, but it scared me at first. Thought I might have red screened, but the game was just dirty or something.

So far, Tempest is pretty fun, but hard. I can definitely see where a rotary controller would be a huge advantage. Half the time, I end up spinning the wrong way. :-D

Best stuff to use on dirty/corroded cartridge contacts-

mMDrJLD5qIwoNf_oOxLjxrg.jpg

I know this is blasphemous, but even though I have a rotary I prefer T2K with a regular controller.

Actually was just going through things right now to try to find the Jag power cord. I found one I think was the one I used with it, but the specs don't exactly match up to what I've found online. It outputs 15VDC and 1500mA. It is center negative though, so I think it might be the one I used. I got my Jag second hand and it had the original RF adapter, but an off-brand AC adapter. Any ideas if this will work?

It is unwise to use an off spec power unit for your Jaguar, although the main power circuit should cope with the extra voltage as it is a switching circuit the 5V regulator used for powering the audio output may not especially if it is an unregulated (a.k.a. stabilized) supply as then you probably have closer to 18V DC going in and so will have tripled the power dissipation in the regulator.

Without knowing the current consumption of the audio stage it is not possible to calculate if the regulator can withstand that so if your find your audio suddenly stops working the extra power dissipation has (hopefully) resulted in regulator entering thermal shutdown in which case audio will return once it has cooled down, if you are unlucky you will have blown the regulator.

Edited by Stephen Moss

Nope, I agree with you 100% I rarely use my rotary anymore.

You can't beat a lifetime of experience with a digital pad and very little rotary play when you're playing to win and not just for fun.

For me, rotary controls work best when they're not just giving linear/digital movement based on what direction you're spinning in, but rather something that feels analogue (i.e. when they take account of how fast you are spinning over a period of time and adjust movement accordingly with sub-pixel positioning).

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the adapter is the one that came with the Jag when I got it, but it was used so that doesn't mean much. It has not seemed to cause any problem so far, even with some pretty long Zool2 playing sessions under its belt. I'd like to get an official and properly rated adapter, but money is tight right now (which is why I only bought two games when I wanted to buy about eight). But I have had a problem with the sound on my Genesis (model 2) going out, but I that has the original power supply (bought NIB in 2003, I believe), so no idea what that is all about.

I've never used a rotary Jag controller, but it seems like it would just be so much easier... even if it was essentially a digital rotary and not a true analogue rotary... if for no other reason than it would be less likely that I'd rotate it the wrong way.

And the cost on the Galaga '90 was $19.99 for game, case, manual, and the little vinyl dust cover. I could have possibly gotten it for a better deal, but looking at eBay (I know, terrible source for pricing), it is better than anything on there. Lowest I saw had a buy it now for $25, but the pictures show only the manual, so that seems suspicious. Someone has one listed at $89.99 OBO!

If anyone is wondering, cost on the cart only Tempest was $14.99, cart only. The boxed one was $30. Again, better than eBay.

Just saying 'I'm going to plug one this or that' into the Jag or its CD player without really knowing if its compatible or not is courting disaster.

hi

Few question

a) sega genesis Ac is not recomended for jag ?¿ i m going to plug one genesis AC into my jag cd

b) tempest for $ 30 is good but im from spain

thx

• Like 1

A new game store just opened here in Lubbock and they have a huge Jaguar selection. All of it came from the same person. They had about 40 games and the system and the CD add-on. The owner said a woman came in and bought the system and cd add-on, a boxed Rayman, a boxed Alien vs. Predator, and then they gave her a boxed Primal Rage for half-price since she bought so much stuff.

I picked up a boxed Hover Strike and a boxed Troy Amman NFL Football for Christmas and birthday presents for my brother-in-law for $15 dollars each. The best thing they have left is a jewel case Braindead 13 for $50.

A new game store just opened here in Lubbock and they have a huge Jaguar selection. All of it came from the same person. They had about 40 games and the system and the CD add-on. The owner said a woman came in and bought the system and cd add-on, a boxed Rayman, a boxed Alien vs. Predator, and then they gave her a boxed Primal Rage for half-price since she bought so much stuff.

I picked up a boxed Hover Strike and a boxed Troy Amman NFL Football for Christmas and birthday presents for my brother-in-law for $15 dollars each. The best thing they have left is a jewel case Braindead 13 for $50.

What is the name of the store?

Grab that jewel case BD13!! Go! Grab it! NAO!

What are you still doing here reading this? GO!!