IGNORED

Top 10 GBA / Gameboy Advance Games

Metal Jesus

Cool vid...I finished all the Metroid games and I also finished the Golden Sun series which surprisingly didn't appeal to me that much. I also thought Advance Wars was great, spent way too much time on that.

Edit: Missed maybe a Castlevania game, FF series like FF6 and a personal fav Ninja Five-O.

I have the SP Classic NES and an older pink fat model (non backlit)

Edited by cimerians

Nice list! Not my list, but great games none the less.

GBA has to be (by far) my favorite system ever. A Game Boy Micro is the setup I travel most frequently with.

I bought my GBA near launch, and my first flash card soon after.

Because of that I've experienced most of the GBA library as they came out--what a fantastic experience that was. Every week a few new games to play, and more importantly, time to focus on each.

It let me try out everything, buy the best of them, and even keep a lot of them sealed.

I have a collection thread here, but two of my favorite systems are my AGS-101 Kiosk and my Visteon Car GBA (new with install kit):

p3230012e.jpg p3230028.jpg hpim0244l.jpg

Edited by Reaperman

The two I've spent the most time with by a wide margin are the Super Mario World conversion and Sega Arcade Gallery.

I bet I've played through Super Mario World twenty times over the years and a good half dozen of those times have been here on my backlit SP.

Iridion II is definitely my favorite. Also really like Donkey Kong (Classic NES), Activision Anthology, Dr. Mario/Puzzle League, Hardcore Pinball, Ultimate Card Games, and Midway's Hits. Yea my tastes run different than most.

You liked the Midway compilation? I only heard awful things about that so I've avoided it. Same with all those 2 packs of classic arcade games like Marble Madness that the GBA received.

Many of my favorite GBA games though were compilations. I love Atari Anniversary, Activision Anthology, Konami Arcade Advanced, Sega Arcade Gallery (The two racers were ported well), and several others.

Almost hate to say it, but most of my favorite GBA games were ports. Only a few original efforts really stand out for me like Racing Gears Advance, Metroid Zero Mission (I have Fusion but have yet to sit down and do more than just briefly check it out), Zelda: The Minish Cap, and V-Rally 3.

Edited by Atariboy

Oh, you'll hear it from me. Midway Arcade's Greatest Hits was a nightmare on the GameBoy Advance. Wasn't it designed by the same people who created the game.com version? It would explain a lot if that were the case.

Anyway, I was poking around the internet and discovered that Ninja Five-0 is a rarity, with copies selling anywhere from sixty to ONE HUNDRED FORTY dollars. Glad I bought mine at GameStop years ago when the opportunity presented itself...