IGNORED

The NEW OFFICIAL INTV BROTHERHOOD Grab Bag (V3.0)

Rev

• 3 months later...

OK, sorry for the ultra-necro-bump, but this thread just became relevant. I finally took some time to rummage through the Grab Bags v1.0 and v2.0, and performed a full inventory on all the contents.

I've prepared a spreadsheet with a catalogue of every single item included in the boxes with lots of details, so it is now ready for distribution.

I have a question for the INTV Brotherhood then. I know that the intention was for this box to be passed around one person at a time, but part of the reason that this didn't work out so well is because of everybody's generosity, the box got so big. It's so big that it has become a chore just to search through it to see what one wants to take or give.

It's really bizarre! For instance, there's 27 overlays of Astrosmash, 31 of Space Armada, 18 of Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack, and many, many more! At the rate we're going, those overlays are more likely to grow than to end up in the hands of someone who needs them.

So, I propose another approach, at least to reduce the size of this particular Grab Bag to a more manageable one: What if I post the inventory catalogue in a new thread and have anybody say which item or items they need or want via PM, and I will send each one individually. I'll take care of packaging and shipping (at least for reasonably sized packages). Also, with your help we could determine which items are better off offering publicly here, and which should remain in the Grab Bag, and I'll ship it to the next in line (which I think is still Rick Reynolds). Or we could split it into multiple smaller Grab Bags Lite, and I can ship them to multiple people in the list at once.

The point is to make that vast array of surplus overlays and manuals available immediately to those in need rather than continue trucking them around one person at a time, at a considerable cost.

What say you, Brotherhood?

-dZ.

• Like 3

OK, sorry for the ultra-necro-bump, but this thread just became relevant. I finally took some time to rummage through the Grab Bags v1.0 and v2.0, and performed a full inventory on all the contents.

I've prepared a spreadsheet with a catalogue of every single item included in the boxes with lots of details, so it is now ready for distribution.

I have a question for the INTV Brotherhood then. I know that the intention was for this box to be passed around one person at a time, but part of the reason that this didn't work out so well is because of everybody's generosity, the box got so big. It's so big that it has become a chore just to search through it to see what one wants to take or give.

It's really bizarre! For instance, there's 27 overlays of Astrosmash, 31 of Space Armada, 18 of Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack, and many, many more! At the rate we're going, those overlays are more likely to grow than to end up in the hands of someone who needs them.

So, I propose another approach, at least to reduce the size of this particular Grab Bag to a more manageable one: What if I post the inventory catalogue in a new thread and have anybody say which item or items they need or want via PM, and I will send each one individually. I'll take care of packaging and shipping (at least for reasonably sized packages). Also, with your help we could determine which items are better off offering publicly here, and which should remain in the Grab Bag, and I'll ship it to the next in line (which I think is still Rick Reynolds). Or we could split it into multiple smaller Grab Bags Lite, and I can ship them to multiple people in the list at once.

The point is to make that vast array of surplus overlays and manuals available immediately to those in need rather than continue trucking them around one person at a time, at a considerable cost.

What say you, Brotherhood?

-dZ.

It sounds like you did A LOT of work to catalog the entire thing - thank you very much for doing that. If you put it all up for grabs to anybody, your whole life is going to be responding to PMs for a while. Perhaps this is a situation where sharing the info directly through email or on another forum might make sense.

• Like 1

Anybody else has feedback on this?

Hey DZ-Jay, could I help sending a list of games I have? and you could send me those from the bag I don't have. Paying for shipping of course.

Giving I'm new here, surely there are a lot of things I don't have. Just trying to help :D

You joke, but that's the whole point of this box: we pass it around and people take what they want and put in any surplus games or items they want to give away. The problem is people have so many duplicates, the boxed filled up pretty quickly with tons of stuff.

I'll post the inventory catalogue soon in here and in the marketplace and you can ask for whatever you want. If multiple people request the same item, we'll talk it out to figure who will get it.

I'm not taking ownership of the stock--it belongs to the INTV Brotherhood after all. I'm just looking to broker its distribution in a more effective manner. :)

-dZ.

• Like 2

I thought these just went to Cmart can stayed there or something. Never thought I'd see this tread again. I was a great idea. I think posting the link to what is in the Grab Bag to people in the order on the list…giving them a certain number of days to respond. If they don't respond you move on to the next person on the list. People talking something, assuming they ad something the list is modified and moved on.

Don't know any simple way to do this fairly to everyone who wanted to be involved. The thing about the grab bag concept that it was incumbent on each person on the list moving at a decent pace and paying contents AND the postage forward. If you added $10 and an hour of boxing it safely with what you added so be it.

Seemed to be a simple enough concept to me. Sorry it landed in your lap like this. If it helps take me off the list.

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing i took from the first grab bag was the football playbook.

this is funny to me as I went to play Football with my son and I was missing a Playbook and overlay!

And i thought my collection was complete. Easy fix, I know,,,,

Edited by wolfy62

• 11 months later...

Ok, nobody asked me to do this, but I propose this as our list. I took the list from Rev's first post then cross referenced the last list from the old thread and added those that were NOT part of the first list behind those that were. Darrin9999 was marked as having received the original grab bag (dunno if true), but he's in here again unless he'd like to volunteer to bump himself to the bottom.

1. Rev - starter

2. Dzjay - awaiting arrival

3. Rick Reynolds

4. Ebelhaki

5. Bennybingo

6. Cvga

7. OutlawTorn71

8. Darrin9999

9. Wongojack

10. Illtiger1

11. IntvSteve

12. Intellfan

13. mphokie

14. BBWW

Where did I go?

I’m in this time, too!

I’ve recently started a NEW Intellivision collection, and am looking for MORE game cartridges (in boxes—with booklet AND overlays).

I'm actually wanting these INTV items:

Pac-Man (Atarisoft)

Carnival (Coleco)

Pitfall (Activision)

Stampede (Activision)

The Dreadnaught Factor (Activision)

Atlantis (Imagic)

Beauty & The Beast (Imagic)

Dragonfire (Imagic)

Truckin’ (Imagic—including the full color map brochure)

Ms. Pac-Man (Intelligentivision)

4-TRIS (Intelligentivision)

Las Vegas Roulette

Royal Dealer

Boxing

Checkers

USCF Chess

ABPA Backgammon

Utopia

Sub Hunt

Sea Battle

Armor Battle

Land Battle (Intelligentivision)

Deep Pockets Super Pro Pool & Billiards (INTV Corporation)

BurgerTime

Diner

Space Armada

Star Strike

Ultimate PC Interfaces (at least 2)

Dongles to use with INTV 1 (hardwired connector style) keyjoypads

Thank You!

I’m in this time, too!

I’ve recently started a NEW Intellivision collection, and am looking for MORE game cartridges (in boxes—with booklet AND overlays).

I'm actually wanting these INTV items:

Pac-Man (Atarisoft)

Carnival (Coleco)

Pitfall (Activision)

Stampede (Activision)

The Dreadnaught Factor (Activision)

Atlantis (Imagic)

Beauty & The Beast (Imagic)

Dragonfire (Imagic)

Truckin’ (Imagic—including the full color map brochure)

Ms. Pac-Man (Intelligentivision)

4-TRIS (Intelligentivision)

Las Vegas Roulette

Royal Dealer

Boxing

Checkers

USCF Chess

ABPA Backgammon

Utopia

Sub Hunt

Sea Battle

Armor Battle

Land Battle (Intelligentivision)

Deep Pockets Super Pro Pool & Billiards (INTV Corporation)

BurgerTime

Diner

Space Armada

Star Strike

Ultimate PC Interfaces (at least 2)

Dongles to use with INTV 1 (hardwired connector style) keyjoypads

Thank You!

Dongles is such a funny word. :lol: