IGNORED

ColecoVision & ADAM Computer Collectors Lists Updated

NIAD

Here are the latest Collectors Lists for the ColecoVision and ADAM Computer systems. Please note that I am not maintaining Rarity ratings anymore, so what you see listed should only be used as a general guideline. There are still many items to add to these respective lists (especially Homebrew items), but time hasn't been on my side of late and they will have to wait until next year's update.

Enjoy and as always, please feel free to share additions, corrections, thoughts, etc. in this thread.

ColecoVision & ADAM Computer Collector Rarity List v2.10 (2014) (NIAD).zip

Coleco ADAM Computer Collector Rarity List v2.10 (2014) (NIAD).zip

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

Thanks Jim, hadn't noticed your update until the last couple weeks...great as always.

I had just recently found I had a third cart version of BC's Quest For Tires QTL-901 and now I just seen you have added it to your new list :)

Other thing I have found I have I don't think is on your list is a Taiwan cart for Looping.

Also I noticed you removed the B&W smurf label variant and the color moonsweeper variant and 1 piece super cobra variant.

Was it decided these don't exist? Just curious what you made those change decisions based on :)

I never found any of the 3 so they always had me stumped :) but I figured they were out there.

Also interesting additions with the new epyx boxes found...I had never noticed those :)

Also do you document coleco carts stamped made in Canada similar to the Taiwan carts? Or do all the French/Canadian carts have that?

thanks again for the great lists! :)

I had just recently found I had a third cart version of BC's Quest For Tires QTL-901 and now I just seen you have added it to your new list :)

It's been a lot of work to track down the variations through purchases or pictures/info provided by others.

Other thing I have found I have I don't think is on your list is a Taiwan cart for Looping.

Thanks for sharing the info. Is this a boxed release like the other Taiwan Cooper releases (Smurf, Burgertime, etc., etc.)?

Also I noticed you removed the B&W smurf label variant and the color moonsweeper variant and 1 piece super cobra variant.

I am of the opinion that the B&W Smurf label variant is a Canadian release even though the text on the label is in English. I actualy have this cart, but just have no proof that it was a U.S. release.

As far as the Moonsweeper color variant labeled cart, I have found that it was a European release.

No evidence exists that a 1-piece Super Cobra box was ever made so I have removed it.

Also interesting additions with the new epyx boxes found...I had never noticed those :)

Those came as a big surprise to me as well.

Also do you document coleco carts stamped made in Canada similar to the Taiwan carts? Or do all the French/Canadian carts have that?

I have not gone to the extreme yet to document cart shells that are stamped as "Made in Canada" yet especially seeing as I don't collect the French/Canadian CIB variants, although I have a growing loose collection. Most of the French/Canadian variations are in fact the U.S. release with a "Made in U.S.A." stamped cart shell, but included a French/Canadian replacement cart label. I will, however, make a note to look through all my loose carts to see if some further info needs to be added to the list concerning them.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey,

Sorry I wasn't more clear...No the Looping isn't one of the Taiwan Cooper releases. It is just the label/cart shell variation....like you have a few variants labeled like this:

Donkey Kong (Label/Cart Shell - Taiwan)

Thanks for the info on the items you removed, I will remove them as well on my list ;)

OK, I kind of figured you had not delved into the 'made in Canada' shells. I haven't really collected the Canadian stuff so I wasn't sure how they usually came.

I found I have at least these with a made in Canada shell:

Choplifter

Illusions

Dam Buster

War Games

Looping

Probably more but I have never gone thru everything to specifically check. I do see thought that all those have a standard usa label.

Also of those that are boxed above, they all came from regular usa releases and not Canadian ones...so kind of odd...

anyway, thanks again! :)

Thanks for the clarrification re. Looping and I will add it to the list. It's odd that I track these "Maid in Taiwan" cart shells and not the "Made in Canada" cart shells, so to be fair to our friends north of the border, I think I will have to look into these further.

I've actually always considered the "Made in U.S.A." and "Made in Canada" cart shells to be interchangeable between the U.S. and Canadian markets seeing as the U.S.A. cart shell was the predominant shell used for both markets until Coleco's U.S. facilities starting winding down and Coleco (Canada) Limitee' seemed to take over the reigns to finish production of items.

Funny thing with my Dam Busters carts is that the U..S. CIB contains the U.S. program code with CV BIOS screen, but a "Made in Canada" cart shell. The Canadian loose cart has the Sydney title screen (no CV BIOS screen), but a "Made in U.S.A." cart shell. So as you can see, there probabaly was no rhyme or reason to this variant madness and I may actually give up on sorting these out! Although, it's not as bad as what Crapahute has to deal with as far as all the CBS variations and what I have to deal with now as far as all the CollectorVision variations... especially if French language program code carts do become a reality!!! ;-)

No problem :)

The other thing I meant to mention in my last post was I noticed on all my Taiwan label/cart shells.....the labels all seem to use a totally different production process from the usa ones. The labels seem to have a very waxy thick appearance compared to the usa ones.

Just something interesting to note and something that sets them apart a bit in another way....

I figured you listed the Taiwan ones since they are a usa variant and the Canada ones were a foreign variant....but it is starting to seem that the Canada cart shell is in fact a usa variant as well :P haha just another variant monkey wrench to make variant collecting more confusing haha

I think your right that the Canada and usa shells must have been used interchangeably to some extent.

Yeah I have a cib dam busters and a loose, cib is a usa release and both are Canada shells...haven't checked the screens anytime recently though.

Same is true for both my loose and cib illusions. My cib usa war games was Canada shell and loose was usa shell.

My loose choplifter is Canada shell....but my cib is sealed so not sure there....

My cib looping is usa shell, but I have loose Canada and Taiwan shells :)

Anyway, I don't blame you if you don't want to get into trying to add the Canada shells...but your right it probably isn't terribly hard compared to the cbs variant fiasco :D

• 4 months later...

It's been a long time coming, but at long last I am pleased to be able to provide the v2.10 Excel version of NIAD's collector's list. I found some mistakes in my previous version (v2.08) and so I rigorously checked the entire list again to correct the errors prior to the update to v2.10. With NIAD now only updating the list once per year this will give me a chance to ensure that I can keep up with him in the future :)

I have not included a pdf of the Excel version. I doubt that this was very useful as it was essentially just a reformatted version of NIAD's original text version. However, if you feel this is a great loss then let me know and I'll consider adding it back in.

I would appreciate any feedback you have on improving the Excel version of this list so please let me know.

A future enhancement that will be rolled out with the v2.11 Excel version early next year will be to include fields for the following:

• Developer
  • Programmer(s)
  • Music By
  • Graphics By
  • Easter Eggs

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Collector Rarity List v2.10 (2014) (NIAD).xlsx.zip

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Attached below is the newest version of the CV & ADAM Collectors List that I maintain and it is complete for all releases made throughout 2014. Ikrananka and I have spent considerable time re-verifying the correctness of everything and I have spent the last couple weeks making all the latest additions so aside from categorizing a number of items that were made in the 80's (short list at the bottom of the text included so I don't forget), this latest version is as complete as complete can be. As always, if you see any errors or know of anything that needs to be added, please provide information and or pictures in this thread.

BTW, this is the WordPad Rich Text Format (RTF) version. When Ikrananka has the time to update the Excel version, it will be posted in this thread as well.

BTW2, the "Coleco ADAM Computer Collector Rarity List" has not been updated since last year's version and I will begin work on that one in the coming weeks.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

ColecoVision & ADAM Computer Collector Rarity List v2.11 (2014) (NIAD).zip

• Like 6

BTW, this is the WordPad Rich Text Format (RTF) version. When Ikrananka has the time to update the Excel version, it will be posted in this thread as well.

I will be working on the Excel version over the coming months. The reason for such a long delay is that I'll also be cataloging my collection at the same time. To this end, I will be updating the Excel version and adding columns so that users can filter to show only items in their collection and/or to show items still wanted. I'll also be adding columns to allow user inputs for condition of the items owned on a scale of 0 to 10. Likely will be around March when this will be released.

• Like 1

Since I think the list is pretty much complete besides new items that are made/released, I'm going to start posting updates here so that everyone can keep there list current throughout the year.

The first update was provided by Stupus and is a manual revision that he discovered for Turbo. In the U.S. Releases section at the bottom under "Notes #10" add the following:

* Turbo [ ] 55704 [ ] 55704A

A couple more updates to the CV&ADAM Collectors List that is availale in Post #10:

- In the listing of Coleco (Canada) Limitee' games in the "Foreign Releases" section remove the checkbox in the Boxes column for Donkey Kong, Slither, Super Action Baseball and Turbo. All these games were pack-ins with other items and did not have their own box. I assume that they were supplied with the French/Canadian flippy style instruction manual, so those checkboxes remain.

- In the "CV Systems & Hardware Prototypes" section, there is an earlier prototype of the Hand Controller with Speed Roller that has been found so change the current listing to:

..... R10 .. .... 198x Hand Controller with Speed Roller (Final) Coleco .....

and add a new entry:

..... R10 .. .... 198x Hand Controller with Speed Roller (Early) Coleco .....

• 3 weeks later...

A couple more additions:

Nanochess recently noticed that there is a variation manual for Pitstop by Epyx. While both manuals use "Part No. 60" to identify the manual, there are differences on the main title page as seen in the picture. All the other pages are identical after giving them a quick look over. Add the following to "NOTE #10" in the "U.S. Releases 1982-1985" section:

Variation manuals produced by 3rd Party companies

* Pitstop (Part No. 60 both)  [] Filled Pitstop text  [] Unfilled Pitstop text

I missed adding the CBS Electronics Super Action Controller (1 controller in commericial box with no pack-in game) in the "Controllers, Attachments & Accessories 1982-1985" section. Add this line to bring things upto date:

  

[] [] [] ..... R1 R8 74840C 1983 Super Action Controller (1 in Commer. Box) CBS Electronics .....

post-25956-0-57036600-1423023019_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-93815200-1423023039_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-41312700-1423023048_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-23183200-1423023054_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-51894300-1423023060_thumb.jpg

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here's a new addition to the "Homebrew Prototypes Made from 1996-2015" sub-section of the Homebrew Releases:

[] ..... R10 .. .... 2015 Hang-On Opcode Games H-S

There has only been one of these Opcode Games prototype carts auctioned off on eBay to date and four more are planned to be auctioned, but no information as to when has been revealed.

post-25956-0-94551000-1427670980_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here's a new addition to the "Homebrew Prototypes Made from 1996-2015" sub-section of the Homebrew Releases:

[ ] ..... R10 R10 ... 2015 Champion Ice Hockey Team Pixelboy H-S

There has only been one of these prototype carts auctioned off on eBay to date, one is currently up for auction and three more are planned to be auctioned.

post-25956-0-13812100-1431217532_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-23368600-1431217538_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-28402400-1431217545_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

In the "HOMEBREW RELEASES 1996-2015" add:

  

[] [] [] ..... R1 R1 .... 2015 Bagman (US/NTSC Style Box & Label) CollectorVision H-S

In the "HOMEBREW VARIATIONS OF RELEASES LISTED ABOVE 1996-2015:" sub-section of the "HOMEBREW RELEASES 1996-2015" section add:

  

[] [] [] ..... R1 R1 .... 2015 Bagman (US/NTSC Style Yellow Box & Label) CollectorVision H-S

  

[] [] [] ..... R1 R1 .... 2015 Bagman (PAL/CBS Style Box & Label) CollectorVision H-S

post-25956-0-19290100-1435357966_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-64689800-1435357979_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-64062700-1435357990_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Collector Rarity List v2.11a - Excel Version

At long last I am pleased to announce that the latest Excel version of NIAD's superb CV & ADAM collector list is ready for prime time. This was a major undertaking, partly due to the extensive updates in NIAD's list going from v2.10 to v2.11, but also due to my adding additional information and a new cataloging feature to the spreadsheet to allow you to more easily catalog your own collection. This new feature is described below.

Note that I have adjusted the version number of this release to v2.11a. The "a" reflects the fact that I have included all of the 2015 games released (to date) including those additions listed by NIAD in the posts above. The "a" also signifies that I have incorporated a large amount of additional data such as the languages of manuals (where known) in the Non-US / Foreign section as well as a lot of part numbers that were missing. This additional data has been sent to NIAD for the next release of his list as he sees fit.

New Cataloging Feature

To use the new cataloging feature simply do the following for each item that you have in your collection:

1. In the "My Col" (short for "My Collection") column, enter ANY character to signify that you own part or all of the items in that row or that you simply want this item for your collection. You will notice that after entering a character, all of the cells containing a check-box will turn a red colour. This is to highlight that these are still items wanted for your collection.
  2. If you own any of the items in the row, then grade the condition of the item (e.g. box, manual etc.) on a scale of 1 to 10. Either type this number into the respective red coloured cell, or select the value from the drop-down selection in that cell. Note that the cell colour changes based on the condition value selected as follows:

1 to 5 = red (poor condition - replace)

6 to 7 = yellow (okay condition - possibly replace)

8 to 10 = green (very good condition - keep)

The colours help signify if you are happy with the condition of what you have or if you want to try and "upgrade" it by buying another.

Simple as that ! If you want to change the automatic colouring of cells then please feel free to do so (uses Excel's conditional formatting feature). I have some VBA code that helps automate this tedious process so let me know if you want this.

Feedback

I welcome and encourage any constructive feedback. I'm sure there are ways to greatly improve the Excel version of this database so please let me know if you have any suggestions.

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Collector Rarity List v2.11a (2014) (NIAD) - AtariAge.xlsx.zip

• Like 7