IGNORED

Road Hunter

Asmusr

They will still need the 32K, but everything else won't be needed with the games in a cartridge. They'll load a whole lot faster though--similar to the method used to launch Neverlander out of cartridge space, or like what Gazoo has done with his game images for the 512K cart.

These are definitely gems that are worth having in a cartridge though! :)

• Like 1

If the games are on Cartridges, are Extended Basic, 32K expansion, and Disk Drive still required?

well, not so ;) ... if you referred to the write on manual covers they are prototypes... i am creating some for cartridges and for disk versions, the requrements will change by the way.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I had a dream about Road Hunter last night (I had just finished playing it before going to bed). Anyway in my dream Rasmus had released a new version. The new version was able to make an IP connection TI-to-TI, and there were TWO USER CARS battling it out to get to the finish line first.

Damn, can you imagine two player Internet games on the TI? I hated to wake up.

• Thanks 1

TCP/IP. Ha! You youngsters. Back in my day we linked computers by three-wire serial to play Space War. I hear they used carrier pigeon before then.

I played my three-in-one Rasmus cartridge until the wee hours last night. I had not been able to do so until then, leaving the poor thing languishing for over a week. While very excited (and grateful!) I was a little disappointed to find no hint of Flappy Bird on the cart. Ah, well.

Ah yes... IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of Service

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2549

Lest we forget its predecessor, A Standard for the Transmission of IP Datagrams on Avian Carriers. Best April Fools' ever. (I had just started receiving the RFC updates via listserv back then.) Or at least a close second Elite for the TI-99/4A (Jerk.)

And I just saw this: Adaptation of RFC 1149 for IPv6 Silly Internet engineers!
  • Like 1

Hi Greg !

i sent you a PM :D

manuals could be ready for Printing i done some prototypes but for single titles ...

attachicon.gife2aregaj.jpg attachicon.gifmsg-24673-0-23034600-1394573022.jpg attachicon.gifmsg-24673-0-77209100-1394572870.jpg

attachicon.gifmsg-24673-0-38171300-1399377904.jpg

maybe create a manual for the 3 in 1 RASMUS scrolling games - solid state cartridge is better in this case ?

As more of a utilitarian I usually like uniformity in appearance; the standard TI label approach has always been good enough for me being simple and understated. But I really like your take on the cartridge labels, especially the game character icon on the left of the label. I wanted to do up something for Scramble, but I lack the graphics-fu to free-hand or use the crappy images I was able to dig up. Very well done.

• Like 2

As more of a utilitarian I usually like uniformity in appearance; the standard TI label approach has always been good enough for me being simple and understated. But I really like your take on the cartridge labels, especially the game character icon on the left of the label. I wanted to do up something for Scramble, but I like the graphics-fu to free-hand or use the crappy images I was able to dig up. Very well done.

Thank you ! :D ... i am very happy when i can see that my work is appreciated ;)

anyway for you and for who want to use my labels on the games of rasmus, they are here:

post-24673-0-24112700-1404077543_thumb.jpg post-24673-0-39871900-1404077539_thumb.jpg post-24673-0-48988900-1404077536_thumb.png post-24673-0-54936700-1404077528_thumb.jpg

and alternative ones if you like more:

post-24673-0-48239600-1404077534_thumb.png post-24673-0-40888700-1404077531_thumb.jpg

I finished lot of the manuals too, and i am working on try to build a good Box... ;)

Edited by ti99userclub
  • Like 5

Thank you ! :D ... i am very happy when i can see that my work is appreciated ;)

anyway for you and for who want to use my labels on the games of rasmus, they are here:

attachicon.gifTitanium Cart Label.jpg attachicon.gifTI Scramble Cart Label.jpg attachicon.gifRH Cart Label - 2.png attachicon.gifFlappy Bird Blu.jpg

and alternative ones if you like more:

attachicon.gifRH Cart Label - 1.png attachicon.gifFlappy Bird White.jpg

I finished lot of the manuals too, and i am working on try to build a good Box... ;)

Really like the Scramble label and the red Road Hunter label-good work Ciro!!!

• Like 1

Was playing Road Hunter today before work.. hit reset on the TI and noticed that didn't work as usual. Turned the machine off, then back on - machine refused to boot. Stuck at the light blue screen with some white noise for sound.

I think Road Hunter blew up my CF7+ somehow! :(

Machine refuses to boot with the CF7 plugged in. I tried reseating the CF connector and both socketed chips. Left both out for a while and unplugged. Nada!

Hell of a game, that Road Hunter! :mad: :lol:

Rasmus 3-in-1 cart still boots, just can't play any of the games without 32k!

Those nanoPEB/CF7+s are temperamental aren't they?

And how! Let's just say I've spent more time putzing and fiddling around with my CF7+ getting it to work than I have actually enjoying much of anything on it. :(

About to give up on the damned thing and I know at least two other members here that have also.

Anyone have an external 32K unit for reasonable? Might even consider a PEB box for the right price.

• Like 2

About to give up on the damned thing and I know at least two other members here that have also.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :-D

That damn thing drove me CraZy, but if not for the Nano, I never would have been driven into getting a P-Box. I can thank the Nano for that at least. Now I'm having fun.

And how! Let's just say I've spent more time putzing and fiddling around with my CF7+ getting it to work than I have actually enjoying much of anything on it. :(

Anyone have an external 32K unit for reasonable? Might even consider a PEB box for the right price.

Pretty strange that it would just up-and-die on a restart. I wonder what the culprit is. Bad connection on the board? Power problem? Such a neat concept, just seems there are more than a handful of flaky devices out there.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :-D

That damn thing drove me CraZy, but if not for the Nano, I never would have been driven into getting a P-Box. I can thank the Nano for that at least. Now I'm having fun.

So now you have to take the next logical step and take the card cage and backplane out of the PBOX and put them in a pc case. :)

med_gallery_29515_833_451509.jpg

Heaven. ;)

• Like 3

Come to the Chicago Faire (in Evanston) in November (1st weekend, usually). You'll almost certainly find one—sometimes free!—Hell, I might even let go of one of the 4 I have.

...lee

• Like 1