IGNORED

Winter Olympics - Atari 2600 "sign up" time!

JacobZu7zu7

wow i have plenty of time for practice! the secret about the ski jump is you need to try to go up not down at the right angle. my dad and i watched this one vid so i thought how about you try. i was hoping to start before my next sememster started. lol :P :mad: :-o :sleep: lololololololollolololololol

I need all the practice time I can get!! ;-)

@gamerguy -- That's a good idea: I'll have to do a search for videos of the ski jump event! :idea:

The contest doesn't start until Feb 7th and ends Feb 23rd. I'm not sure if we're posting scores here or if Jake is going to start a different thread when the time comes.

This thread only has edit option for a day, I might move the action to the 2600 High Score forum, depends...

but it will be sorted out before the Games begin. For now this is the sign up area. :)

After some Mogul Madness training runs here at the Team Germany complex, I have a request. Can we have everyone play Mogul Madness on Game 9 B/B? I know the original plan was Game 1 B/B for everything, but this game has a bunny slope for Game 1.

Here in Germany, we love the steep slopes. Game 9 provides a nice risk/reward component, in that, going too fast can cause a missed gate penalty.

Game 1 is three minutes of "Am I done, yet?" Game 9 is more Olympicesque.

8) (Got my ski goggles on)

• Like 3

After some Mogul Madness training runs here at the Team Germany complex, I have a request. Can we have everyone play Mogul Madness on Game 9 B/B? I know the original plan was Game 1 B/B for everything, but this game has a bunny slope for Game 1.

Here in Germany, we love the steep slopes. Game 9 provides a nice risk/reward component, in that, going too fast can cause a missed gate penalty.

sounds good , game 9 b/b it is....

• Like 2

Here at the team Tibet complex, we have Everest on which to practice. Don't think you can scare us with this "Game 9" business. :P

• Like 2

OK ....thanks goes out to Gorfy (via highscore.com) for telling me about this competition........I'm (soon to be) the Highscore.com record holder for Activision's Ice Hockey (game 3) at a point diff of 17, though I've never played the other 3 games in this competition. Who wants me on their team?

(What no Team USA???)

• Like 2

OK ....thanks goes out to Gorfy (via highscore.com) for telling me about this competition........I'm (soon to be) the Highscore.com record holder for Activision's Ice Hockey (game 3) at a point diff of 17, though I've never played the other 3 games in this competition. Who wants me on their team?

(What no Team USA???)

Hey Arenafoot, good to see you over here!!

I'd invite you to team Tibet, but it's already full (max of 3 players per team). Teams Russia and Germany are also already full. Don't let them bully you :-D That leaves teams Australia, Canada, and Sweden with openings. Or you can be the patriot who starts up Team USA :ponder:

Have fun!!

• Like 2

Was going to say the same sort of thing for Activisions skiing, B1 is a little too easy yet on winter games.... Well let's just say it's going to be an epic fail for team Australia lol

New settings can be suggested anytime BEFORE the Olympic game competition starts... :)

So... if there's a more fun Skiing setting let me know!