IGNORED

BadMooD: Doom game on Falcon030

In case you've missed the news Douglas Little has released an 'alpha' version of BadMooD, a fully playable Doom conversion enhanced for Falcon030.

You'll need the WAD file(s) from the original game but the BadMooD binary download is hosted here:

The game requires a stock (unaccelerated) Falcon030 with 14 MB of RAM.

As it's the first release there are some features to be implemented, some bugs and a wish list too!

If you have programming or graphics experience and would like to help then let us know through the above website!

Source will be released, but probably not for a month or two while things are tidied up.

A BadMooD specific level with enhanced graphics is possible.

See the download binary for more Readme information.

Edited by viking272
  • Like 3

Very cool to see. Hopefully I get a chance to try this on my Falcon and see how well it performs.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

The last alpha release (at this time) v0.2 has included JagPad support plus lots of bug fixes.

The development is progressing nicely and a few more bug fixes are in place for the 3rd update. Depending on feedback this may move the game from "alpha" in to a "beta" release.

Douglas Little (the only developer) has a few surprises up his sleeve too, so it's worth watching the progress!

http://devilsdoorbell.com

Edited by viking272