IGNORED

Bally Astrocade Multicart

kenzre

As of 1/1/17

I have 1 more UltiMulti Version 2.5B left for sale already made and ready to ship.

I also have 1 Lil' WHITE RAM 32K expansion unit for sale. (There are 46 programs of the 163 on the UltiMulti V2.5B that require some form of extended memory)

Both are new, and I can ship within 2 business days.

If any more are wanted, I will require 50% down ( I will need to order PC boards) and it will take 2-4 weeks to get parts, assemble, test and ship.

I did say the price is going up..

They are each $125.00 + $15.00 P&H

If both are ordered, one P&H fee will be dropped.

Ken Lill

GaMBITS

P.S. I will be discontinuing manufacture of any new products by year's end due to health problems.

Im a little late to the party.. though I found out

The white Bally Astrocade I bought works. ?

The carts that came with it work fine. I'm having

some trouble getting the Ulti Multi to

work. I haven't got a game to start yet, but I've

seen the correct game names on the selection

screen. When I select a ulti multi game it does not

execute. Sometime I get a "falling curtain" of lines when

I execute an ulti game. Is there a trick to it? I'm new to the Bally scene.

Has anyone else seen this?

Hope I'm not to late for a little help.

Sent pm to GaAMBITS on Sunday January 15.

I'm having some trouble getting the Ulti Multi to work. I haven't got a game to start yet, but I've seen the correct game names on the selection screen. When I select a ulti multi game it does not execute. Sometime I get a "falling curtain" of lines when I execute an ulti game. Is there a trick to it? I'm new to the Bally scene.

Has anyone else seen this?

I have not seen this exact issue before, but I've seen similar situations. From the description of the "falling curtain," it sounds like the program isn't loading into memory correctly after it has been selected. On the Bally Arcade, the screen is actually all Screen RAM. Normal cartridges execute from ROM (located in the cartridge), but a few cartridges, notably ones referred to as "BASICarts," are actually loading BASIC programs into RAM and executing them from there. If that fails, then you could possibly see this "falling curtain" that has been described. Do regular cartridges run properly from the multicart? For instance, try running The Incredible Wizard from the multicart to see what happens.

Adam

I have not seen this exact issue before, but I've seen similar situations. From the description of the "falling curtain," it sounds like the program isn't loading into memory correctly after it has been selected. On the Bally Arcade, the screen is actually all Screen RAM. Normal cartridges execute from ROM (located in the cartridge), but a few cartridges, notably ones referred to as "BASICarts," are actually loading BASIC programs into RAM and executing them from there. If that fails, then you could possibly see this "falling curtain" that has been described. Do regular cartridges run properly from the multicart? For instance, try running The Incredible Wizard from the multicart to see what happens.

Adam

Incredible wizard was the first one I tried. I can get the game name to come up though on some resets the game name is fragmented. When l execute the game using the controller remote I get the curtain. The balley carts that came with it, panzer, tennis, & astro battle start up ok.

Edited by Twin_power

• 1 month later...

As of 1/1/17

I have 1 more UltiMulti Version 2.5B left for sale already made and ready to ship.

I also have 1 Lil' WHITE RAM 32K expansion unit for sale. (There are 46 programs of the 163 on the UltiMulti V2.5B that require some form of extended memory)

Both are new, and I can ship within 2 business days.

If any more are wanted, I will require 50% down ( I will need to order PC boards) and it will take 2-4 weeks to get parts, assemble, test and ship.

I did say the price is going up..

They are each $125.00 + $15.00 P&H

If both are ordered, one P&H fee will be dropped.

Ken Lill

GaMBITS

P.S. I will be discontinuing manufacture of any new products by year's end due to health problems.

I'm assuming this last one is no longer available, but if so, I'm interested. PM sent

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received my copy of Ken's cart yesterday. Absolute brilliance.

It's great to see another owner of an Astrocade multicart. This cartridge opens up an entire new world to the average Asrtocade owner.

Discovered Solar Conqueror is not just "this could have been an arcade game". It is "no, REALLY, this would have been a GREAT arcade game!"

Certainly this is one of the best games on the Astrocade system. I'm pretty sure that we're going to cover Solar Conqueror as the main game on the next Astrocast (which will have a new episode in September... finally). If you have the opportunity, then you should try the Solar Conqueror prototype. It has completely different graphics, which I think are better than the released version's graphics.

Adam

I have added DIP switch settings and pictures to BallyAlley.com of version 3.2 of Ken Lill's UltiMulti cartridge, a multicart for the Bally Arcade/Astrocade.

1) DIP Switch Settings

Program%20switch%20settings%20UM%203_2_t

I have added a two-page sheet with the DIP Switch Settings for the UltiMulti Cartridge 3.2 by GaMBITS (Ken Lill). Version 3.2 of the UltiMulti settings has a few fixes to the DIP Switch settings, as well as some additions to the cartridge, including a working version of Color BASIC that can now load and save via the 300-baud interface.

http://www.ballyalley.com/documentation/multicarts/multicart_(GaMBITS)/multicart_(GaMBITS).html#CartridgeDIPSwitchListing3-2

2) UltiMulti Pictures:

UltiMulti_Cart_3-2_(Top_View)_tn.jpg

I have added two picture of version 3.2 of the UltiMulti cartridge:

http://www.ballyalley.com/pics/cartridge_pics/Carts_(Multicarts)/multicart_(GaMBITS)/multicart_(GaMBITS).html#UltiMultiCart3-2Picture

Thanks for continuing to update this great cartridge, Ken!

Adam

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is only one program different on 3.2. It is the Color BASIC program that is able to save your BASIC program that you've created. You must have the original Bally 300 baud cassette interface to save and retrieve the info. It will cost you $25.00 for either upgrade. Is it worth it to you just for that program?

Please, let me know..

• 1 year later...

I presume I am far too late for this party, but if these are still available, I would most definitely be interested.

There is only one program different on 3.2. It is the Color BASIC program that is able to save your BASIC program that you've created. You must have the original Bally 300 baud cassette interface to save and retrieve the info. It will cost you $25.00 for either upgrade. Is it worth it to you just for that program?

Please, let me know..

It's a good thing to include Kenzre quote so he'll receive a notification.

His multicart is great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...