IGNORED

Venezuelan games = Counterfeits seized by the court

Andre81

2 hours ago, IntellivisionDude said:

Bump. Did nobody download that chart? Just click the link above to see the one i am referring to. 

Hmmm. I don't remember this thread at all. Weird. I definitely bought a ton of games from Venezuela and they were certainly all real. 

It's hard to take seriously the assumption that someone in Venezuela could have gone through the trouble of counterfeiting Intellivision games and made them look *so good* that nobody to this day can tell them apart from genuine ones. 

I have seen pirated Intellivision games before (produced in South America), and folks didn't even bother to make them look like Intellivision cartridges. Different cases were used, etc.

Having lived in South America in the 80s, I can assure you Intellivision stuff was so expensive and the user base so small, folks just wanted to play whatever they could get their hands on. That was not just applicable to the Intellivision, but to other consoles as well.

On 1/20/2014 at 7:59 PM, jaybird3rd said:

Since this was posted here in the Intellivision forum, I think it's important to clarify: the Intellivision (and Atari) merchandise that has been sold from Venezuela is evidently not counterfeit.

Looking at the court order linked in the other thread, it seems that certain counterfeit Nintendo titles were seized, and that the Atari and Intellivision stuff was seized along with it and then subsequently re-sold by the Venezuelan sellers. It would be easy to misread this and to jump to the conclusion that every game from Venezuela was counterfeit, but as someone who has purchased several of the Atari and Intellivision games, and who has compared them in detail to the vintage product in my own collection, I'm certain that those games are genuine.

2 hours ago, cmadruga said:

It's hard to take seriously the assumption that someone in Venezuela could have gone through the trouble of counterfeiting Intellivision games and made them look *so good* that nobody to this day can tell them apart from genuine ones. 

I have seen pirated Intellivision games before (produced in South America), and folks didn't even bother to make them look like Intellivision cartridges. Different cases were used, etc.

Having lived in South America in the 80s, I can assure you Intellivision stuff was so expensive and the user base so small, folks just wanted to play whatever they could get their hands on. That was not just applicable to the Intellivision, but to other consoles as well.

If you look at post #2 it explains that only the Nintendo games that were seized were counterfeit. The title is misleading. 

I bumped this because i'm looking for the picture that is posted here at this link in post #5. It was deleted by the original poster but i'm just seeing if anybody downloaded it. You can still see the thumbnail of it here. But it's impossible to get the full sized one unless someone else happens to have it. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20150201021948/http://atariage.com/forums/topic/221087-venezuelan-games-counterfeits-seized-by-the-court/#entry2911101

Edited by IntellivisionDude