IGNORED

Donkey Kong XM on CPUWIZ's Versaboard

tep392

Here's a crazy idea - can a batch of versaboards with Donkey Kong PK be done up with a socket for the pokey, for those of us who might have a spare or loose pokey available?

If I need POKEY's when I make a batch of DK carts, I'll offer $10 off the price if people want to send me a POKEY chip for their cart. I don't ship unassembled carts because I want to test them after assembly to insure they work. It's also easy to misapply the label when putting it together.

• Like 3

You into stealing from your neighbours in real life too? :roll:

No, I am looking for a legitimate replacement or substitute if there is one as I don't know much of the versaboard. I do find comments to how hard they are to locate. What I am not looking for is some two bit snarky response instead of an informative answer. No wonder people don't like posting in the forums, if this is the crap they get for asking a question.

No, I am looking for a legitimate replacement or substitute if there is one as I don't know much of the versaboard. I do find comments to how hard they are to locate. What I am not looking for is some two bit snarky response instead of an informative answer. No wonder people don't like posting in the forums, if this is the crap they get for asking a question.

I would love to see these comments. I really would appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm in for one too. As excited as I am for DK XM these boards exist now and enable the game to be played on original hardware without the need for a peripheral. More games available to the broader 7800 user base is a good thing. Tremendous work CPUWIZ!

You need to log in. ;)

• Like 1

If I can find them again, I'll pass them your way, it was the impression I had. If I am wrong in that as the creator, they are still available, I'm happy to admit my mistake.

If I can find them again, I'll pass them your way, it was the impression I had. If I am wrong in that as the creator, they are still available, I'm happy to admit my mistake.

Great, thanks.

I did search for what I looked at earlier and saw I made a mistake assuming that the handful of DK carts released was also true for the Versaboard, as Retro Game Guy site reported. My mistake, sorry about reporting it hard to find, when I should have just asked the source. I'll be more careful in my future postings in the forum.

I did search for what I looked at earlier and saw I made a mistake assuming that the handful of DK carts released was also true for the Versaboard, as Retro Game Guy site reported. My mistake, sorry about reporting it hard to find, when I should have just asked the source. I'll be more careful in my future postings in the forum.

That would make two mistakes then; the availability of the Versaboard along with the notion of the handful of carts released. ;)

The thought of a "handful of DK carts" released is seen in a blog post nearly 3 years ago (July 2014) from Retro Game Guy. The statement was: "Perry has made a handful of Donkey Kong PK cartridges which take advantage of CPUWIZ’s Versaboard and include a Pokey Chip."

10 DK PK carts sold in May 2014, that incorporate CPUWIZ's Versaboard with a POKEY chip. A short time thereafter, another 10 sold in Sept 2014. Just looking at this thread alone, last week, 15 copies. Noteworthy too, as tep392 indicated in that linked post from last week:

"...If anybody want's to get in on the next batch of Donkey Kong PK's, just let me know and I'll add you to the list."

• 8 months later...