IGNORED

Lol, got shafted on ultravision karate and unique t-handle cart

nofrills100

Ahhh - ebay needs to implement a mandatory IQ test for registration.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1112564021311?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=111256402131&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Seller: georgienchrissi1?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Won this nice lot on ebay which includes a 'non working' ultravision karate and more of interest to me a uniquely labelled t-handle cart - probably a tawain release of a funvision or ultravision cart.

Plus there were some nice v-cases. Ultimately though I only needed one vcase and the t-handles would have been a nice challenge for restoration and addition to my largely pirate cart collection. I'm not too phased - the $800 refund will go into mods on my Lancia.

Got an email a few hours after auction end saying the items had suddenly become water damaged.

Ironic to note that the seller was once a member on here who got burned in similar circumstances over some fantastic boxed funvision carts, that were hijacked post sale by another member here.

Oh well!

One thing I will be keeping an eye on - is where these items pop up next - the one of a kind t-handle cart will stick out like dogs balls - I'll be watching y'all ;)

*dumb trader alert on georgienchrissi

And just who made the offer for a buy it now? :? Read the Q and A: A little research...check it out!

Not sure, I don't think you can find out anyway.

Regardless, they refused it.

Perhaps no one got these items, merely the seller was not happy with the final result? Who knows? I'm guessing they'll surface soon enough.

Gonna lay down some neg feedback soon.

As an aside, the seller tried to cancel the purchase - which I refused until they show proof of the damaged items - a photo perhaps. I'm guessing they do not get their selling fees back until then? Any one know about this?

This sort of side deal, when an auction is over always pisses me off. Sorry to hear Tom.

The seller probably would have been fine with the selling price, had I seen this auction . You and I would have been dueling it out!

I thought you had seen it - in any case there were some serious collectors in the bids (based on my memory of their coded ebay handles) so the end price was kept real.

They refused it or did they; perhaps auction is over and seller contacts potential buyer and asks if they would be willing to pay more? Or maybe the seller did not get what they paid to acquire the games in the first place and gives you the big F*** U Mate; in Aussie terms; Canadians might say, well at least in my neck of the woods, ...Well Sir they F***ed you over right good! Cheers, FB

I remember when he originally acquired them, with a bunch of rare funvision vcases that I bought from him on ebay for $100 a pop - if I recall correctly he paid about $50 for the lot.

Lol. He F****ked me over with the postage on the original vcases I purchased, but silly me felt bad about leaving 5 negs, so I let it slip without feedback instead

Well, seems there is a lot of water damage in Down Under. Same happened to me with the last auction I've won in Australia.

I've stopped even watching for listings in Australia, only overpriced stuff in bad shape and if one nice item shows up within 3 months it's a mess with the seller.

Not worth my time.

Sorry, but eBay Australia gets the last rank for nice Atari 2600 stuff.

Even behind Canada :-D

How freaking true that is. We get the bag out here on basically... everything. The rare times I see vintage computer or game stuff pop up on Kijiji (It's like Craigslist), people want stupid prices. And the instant you want to try to get something from the US? Better bend over, cause that shipping's going to cost you more than an iPad that farts out diamonds.

Edited by TPA5

Maybe a side deal, but I think he just wasn't happy with the overall price it went for. He said he undervalued the lot at $1000+ and a dead Karate might have got a side deal, but man that really sucks. Only time will tell. No way to prevent it though. Even if ebay banned him, he can still go create a new account and list again.