IGNORED

2 joysticks on an Apple //c

telengard

I'd like to be able to play One on One w/ 2 players and haven't had much luck coming across an Apple Padapple, etc but I did see this show up recently:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Apple-II-IIe-IIc-IIgs-Cable-Joystick-Y-cable-/161202990949

It's a Y adapter that will supposedly allow 2 joysticks to be used. What I'm wondering is will this actually work or has anyone come up with some other way to do it?

The Apple ][ Joystick Connectors allows for 4 Paddles ( but only 3 Buttons ) or 2 Joysticks ( with 3 Buttons )..

16 Pin Internal Connector or 9 Pin External Connector. ( See Apple ][ Pinouts )

For some options, see Sections 004, 005 and 012 of the Csa2 Apple ][ FAQ.

There is also some Interesting Modern Hardware like, RetroConnector Joystick Interface for Apple II.

The Apple ][ Joystick Connectors allows for 4 Paddles ( but only 3 Buttons ) or 2 Joysticks ( with 3 Buttons )..

16 Pin Internal Connector or 9 Pin External Connector. ( See Apple ][ Pinouts )

For some options, see Sections 004, 005 and 012 of the Csa2 Apple ][ FAQ.

There is also some Interesting Modern Hardware like, RetroConnector Joystick Interface for Apple II.

Interesting, so if I'm reading that pinout right you could use a Y adapter, if wired correctly, to get 2 joysticks working.

@save2600

Hehe, I *used* to do that, just figured it be more fair w/ the 2 joysticks. :P

Edited by telengard

Interesting, so if I'm reading that pinout right you could use a Y adapter, if wired correctly, to get 2 joysticks working.

<< SNIP >>

On the Apple ][e or Apple ][gs the External 9-pin has support for the 4 Paddles or 2 Joy Sticks. The Apple //c and //c+ use the Joystick Port for the Mouse Port as well, so there is Only Support for 2 Paddles and 2 Switches or 1 Joy Stick with 2 Switches.

Also you game needs to support 4 Paddles or 2 Joy Sticks....

MarkO