IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 5 is up!

We take a “deep dive” into the Intellivoice game “Bomb Squad”, talk Intellivision with video game legend Tommy Tallarico, interview Blue Sky Ranger Keith Robinson of Intellivision Productions, and Mattel Electronics alum Joey Silvian. Plus we have our usual news and listener feedback segments, and a lot more ‘explosive’ Intellivision fun!

We also rolled out a new website design this month! http://www.intellivisionaries.com

• Like 9

I like the new site layout. Much easier to navigate! Starting to listen now. Hoping to finish up on Sunday!

Thanks, Jason.

That was Rick's doing. I did the original version of the site, never intending for it to be the permanent version. I just had to put something "retro" up when we first started the show.

I personally would love you guys to get a TRUE one on one interview with Keith.

Ask him the sensitive questions we want answers too....or maybe we dont want answers too!

Dave: doesn't Activision own space shuttle? I haven't a clue! My Atari space shuttle cart is from activision. :-)

Dave: doesn't Activision own space shuttle? I haven't a clue! My Atari space shuttle cart is from activision. :-)

Rev, you must not have listened to the podcast.

What is interesting is how K.R. mentioned that they dubbed in the voice tracks to their video of the game. The reason being is that they were/are not aware that the game even has the voices in it. I am proud to say that I am the one that realized that it does.

I think I heard KR correctly when he said that Tower of Doom came from Quest (a voice game). Quest seems to be an expansion of Treasure of Tarmin and is not related to Tower of Doom in any way besides both being AD&D titles. Tower of Doom is actually the finished version of Tower of Mystery.

I personally would love you guys to get a TRUE one on one interview with Keith.

Yes and ask questions like, why did they do such a poor job on the Intellivision 25-in-1 handheld? Also like why did they not use Carl's emulator for the handhelds? And do not forget about them releasing games on cart as they announced in 2003. It would have been interesting to find out who their primary market is. Is it the original console, the modern consoles or unsuspecting parents buying Christmas gifts for their kids? Heck, you could have asked him more about Tutorvision but then that question really should go to David Warhol as he is the one behind the original production of it. He has told us the story at CGE and had a unit on display. Let us not forget the topic we all want to know about, what games do they really have licenses for? The answer probably is in the paper work in the office.

Rev, you must not have listened to the podcast.

What is interesting is how K.R. mentioned that they dubbed in the voice tracks to their video of the game. The reason being is that they were/are not aware that the game even has the voices in it. I am proud to say that I am the one that realized that it does.

I think I heard KR correctly when he said that Tower of Doom came from Quest (a voice game). Quest seems to be an expansion of Treasure of Tarmin and is not related to Tower of Doom in any way besides both being AD&D titles. Tower of Doom is actually the finished version of Tower of Mystery.

LOL, I listened up to right around when the KR interview began, then I had stuff to do. I havent had time to catch the rest!

I will ASAP, maybe during work this week. I have listened to the other ones twice so far.

A silver star for you. If you want the gold star, you need to listen to each episode 5 times.

I'm bored sometimes.....but not that bored! Hahaha

If I'm online or playing games, I'll just have it playing in the background.

Last week I had it on while building shelves, and my wife walked in and asked what in the world I was listening too. She thought it was some NPR story about games. LOL

I noticed that as well. I wondered how the Quest screen(s) I've seen could have morphed into Tower of Doom. I chalked it up to not really understanding the way Mattel's development efforts were arranged. I've always understood it like you mention there: Tower of Mystery -> Tower of Doom.

Maybe Keith got mixed up. He tends to talk pretty fast when he's on about Intellivision stuff!

In all likelihood, Keith will become a regular part of the show (I'm meeting with him again later this week to discuss the details).

I too have MANY more questions for him. They WILL get asked - including the ones brought up by you guys here.

In the last episode, the focus was on the Intellivoice, and Bomb Squad. My intention this time around was not to bombard him with all the other topics.

We plan to do a one on one interview with him soon (perhaps several, on specific topics), and are more than happy to take listener-submitted questions. PM any of us here, or email the show any time with them.

• Like 2