IGNORED

Turbo Graphx 16 and case price check

HatefulGravey

I know price checking was looked down on when last I was highly active here a few years ago, but I don't know what I exactly I have and I know enough to know that I should find out before I try to sell this thing.

Everything I search to find this turns up the case that was used with the CD attachment. I haven't actually been able to find information on this. I picked it up at a localish market a few years ago. I hadn't seen one, it wasn't more than I wanted to spend on it, and I'm a sucker for these cases.

There are 2 controllers, the multi-tap, turbo booster, and all needed cables. There is also a manual for the console in there. I have games I'll sell too but I can do the research on those without much trouble.

With the information provided I intent to decide if I should look for a buyer locally (we have a growing classic gaming community around the college in town these days) or deal with selling this online in shipping it.

post-26868-0-67030400-1390611999_thumb.jpg

post-26868-0-98652600-1390612010_thumb.jpg

Edited by HatefulGravey

I found an image of this case digging through Google images. It was sold on eBay some time ago. I tried to view the page and though it couldn't load the item details I was hoping for it did load that this auction closed for $66, and that was just the case. Its something, and more than I have found before.

I was thinking between $100 and $150. $50 for the system, $50 for the case, $50 for the Turbo Booster, basically. Maybe charge shipping on top of it. Or just list it at a flat $150 to help out forum members. I don't think either party would be losing either way at that price. That is, unless you originally paid more for it (which I am assuming you didn't. :)).

• Like 1

While I don't have a problem selling at $150 or "helping a forum member" I'm pretty sure $150 shipped can't happen. This case will require a larger than average box and is a bit heavier than average as well. The larger issue however is I also have games for this and I'm not able to split all that up and try to sell it is pieces. Selling the games and console apart from one another is said to be the "best" way to get this done, however it is also the way that takes more effort and time than I have at this time to sell this stuff.

I'm ok with $150 on this, and have already gotten a few offers to buy it at that price actually (and that makes me wonder), I'm going to look to sell it with everything I have for it first. Those that have already PM'd me should look for a reply tonight with more information on the full lot, those that have an interest and haven't PM'd me should so I can get this out there to those interested. I have no desire to start a for sale thread and get into people asking me to break things up at this point. If I can't sell the lot to someone I will list a for sale thread here, break it up, and sell each game and such in pieces when I have the time.

If anyone has interest in other things I'm going to be selling my complete collections for a few consoles. A lot of them aren't large collections, but if you are looking to get into a console I'll have the setup for you on a few of them soon enough.ColecoVision, Jaguar, Intellivision, 3DO, Saturn, PS1, PS2 (It has a nice case like this one too and has been modded. To be honest I have never even turned it on.), Neo Geo CD, OD2 ... You get the point. I spent too much time going to auctions and estate sales in the last few years you see.

I think the reason you received so many replies is not because the TG16 is extremely rare, but because yours is clean, not on ebay (big plus in my book!), comes with turbobooster (these are a little harder to come by these days), controllers, turbotap. It is a nice set and $150 is a nice fair deal.

• Like 2

I think the reason you received so many replies is not because the TG16 is extremely rare, but because yours is clean, not on ebay (big plus in my book!), comes with turbobooster (these are a little harder to come by these days), controllers, turbotap. It is a nice set and $150 is a nice fair deal.

Pretty much this. Also, you're a well estsblished member here, and not one of these day one sellers that pop up all the time.

Sold my TG-16 with the turbobooster and a nice lot of games for less than $100 a couple years ago. Still regret it!

Edited by thanatos
  • Like 2

Please understand I'm not trying to imply anything negative about AA at all. I love this place and though I don't post much anymore I still come here all the time to see whats going on. I'm not used to having people jump to pay for things to be honest.

I may regret selling this every now and then, but I'm sure it wont be often. The truth is I don't play it, so keeping it feels like keeping it from someone that deserves it more. Maybe I'm over thinking this but I try to think about things like this. It was made to be played with, not playing with it feels like wasting it.

Edited by HatefulGravey

Please understand I'm not trying to imply anything negative about AA at all. I love this place and though I don't post much anymore I still come here all the time to see whats going on. I'm not used to having people jump to pay for things to be honest.

I may regret selling this every now and then, but I'm sure it wont be often. The truth is I don't play it, so keeping it feels like keeping it from someone that deserves it more. Maybe I'm over thinking this but I try to think about things like this. It was made to be played with, not playing with it feels like wasting it.

Oh, I wasn't trying to dissuade you from selling it, I was saying I want one again to make up for the one I sold! :)

As a TG16 collector I can tell you that the system with case and cdrom that goes with it usually sell for between 150 and 175 on ebay.

Thank you for the advice. However this is not the case that comes with the CD attachment as stated. The CD unit does not come with this lot. I have been looking for 4 days and have found 2 of these cases, 1 of them that sold at open auction so long ago that the listing details are no longer there to see on eBay. The other was a post on NintendoAge that was asking for pricing help and getting none.

I'm not a big collector of TG16 stuff, I am much more into the VCS which is where most of my knowledge is. A quick search however shows that he average selling price of the loose CD attachment in the last 6 months or so has been around $180. There haven't been many sold mind you, but there you have it. With this information in mind if you would like to part with your TG16 with CD attachment and case for $150 I'm a buyer right this moment.

Thank you for the advice. However this is not the case that comes with the CD attachment as stated. The CD unit does not come with this lot. I have been looking for 4 days and have found 2 of these cases, 1 of them that sold at open auction so long ago that the listing details are no longer there to see on eBay. The other was a post on NintendoAge that was asking for pricing help and getting none.

I'm not a big collector of TG16 stuff, I am much more into the VCS which is where most of my knowledge is. A quick search however shows that he average selling price of the loose CD attachment in the last 6 months or so has been around $180. There haven't been many sold mind you, but there you have it. With this information in mind if you would like to part with your TG16 with CD attachment and case for $150 I'm a buyer right this moment.

I don't have a cd at the moment so I have none for sale but if you go to pcenginefx.com the user Keith Courage sells the White Cdrom. I myself have been shopping for a Super CDRom2 which tends to be more rare and go for more money which is why I can't find one and can't aford one.

Edited by wildo2ne

I'm just looking for the CD unit itself :?

I'm going to suggest you emulate. So far I have had more than a few interested parties that just want the console and such because they have flash carts for this and would rather not spend the money on the games. Now, why would a person that is going to use nothing but a flash cart even bother with the real hardware? If you are already going to download the games instead of buying them (a move I understand in some cases) why spend the money on the flash cart (not cheap) and the console (also not cheap) when the same amount of effort would let you play all these games for free?

Further more, why bother signing up with a collectors community when you clearly have no intention of collecting? Please don't take these things as personal attacks. I just don't understand what you gain from spending all that money and in the end owning nothing.

I have a cib tg-16 already and just need the cd unit. I, personally have yet to download (or even know how to) on any console or handheld I own, retro to current gen. I AM a collector (not that I need to prove it in some way(?) and I actually prefer cart and/or disc based games in my hands, not something virtual...may I ask what gave u the impression that I otherwise didn't?

• Like 1

I'm going to suggest you emulate. So far I have had more than a few interested parties that just want the console and such because they have flash carts for this and would rather not spend the money on the games. Now, why would a person that is going to use nothing but a flash cart even bother with the real hardware? If you are already going to download the games instead of buying them (a move I understand in some cases) why spend the money on the flash cart (not cheap) and the console (also not cheap) when the same amount of effort would let you play all these games for free?

Further more, why bother signing up with a collectors community when you clearly have no intention of collecting? Please don't take these things as personal attacks. I just don't understand what you gain from spending all that money and in the end owning nothing.

I think the theory is that, say playing ROMs on an everdrive on your TG-16 is the same as playing the real chip on real hardware. ROMs through an emulator is emulation and some people act like they've smelled old tuna when you say that word. Purists.

Using the everdrive in a TG16 is NO different in terms of playback than playing an official game. It is not emulation. It is the real deal (minus the "real" hucard) That is why people like it :)

The everdrive is $80. Add that with the cost of the console and you are basically done. If you want to buy all of the games (if you can find them all) you are talking MUCH MUCH more than that. I know, I completed the TG16 USA collection a few years ago and Magical Chase at that time ran me $500. I am sure it is more now.

If you just want to play the games the way they were intended (on real hardware) but do not want to break the bank in a big way, the everdrive is a great alternative. I do not see anything wrong with it at all. And I am a collector.

I am sure I am missing other points than monetary. Like space savings, wear and tear on the console (put the flash cart in and never remove it), protecting your original games from wear and tear...etc.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

The everdrive is $80. Add that with the cost of the console and you are basically done. If you want to buy all of the games (if you can find them all) you are talking MUCH MUCH more than that. I know, I completed the TG16 USA collection a few years ago and Magical Chase at that time ran me $500. I am sure it is more now.

If you don't mind me asking, where is the Everdrive for the TG16 available for $80? I don't own a TG16 but would like to get into it since I love the emulator on my Wii.

I have a cib tg-16 already and just need the cd unit. I, personally have yet to download (or even know how to) on any console or handheld I own, retro to current gen. I AM a collector (not that I need to prove it in some way(?) and I actually prefer cart and/or disc based games in my hands, not something virtual...may I ask what gave u the impression that I otherwise didn't?

It has nothing to do with you Fibro. Not a thing in this world. I know you and have known you for sometime. I'm just pissed because so far all the people that wanted to buy what I had want it for nothing because they are going to be running emulated video games on it. I have even had some people ask about other consoles only to emulate with them. I had hoped to come here, sell some of the things I wasn't into and make sure people that would respect this stuff would get it. So far I have 28 different people that have PM'd me about different consoles and the vast majority just want the console because they are going to mod it to run burnt CDs, or use a flash cart...

Maybe I'm just a purist or something. Modding a console can be ok to me. Modding it just so you never have to buy any games seems very very very wrong to me. Imagine a future where there are no consoles to buy and the games are being given away. It might not happen tomorrow, but since I was last here it seems this place is all emulate.

For my part, not one person that has posted in this thread has given me a problem. Its people that didn't bother to post here, just went right to my PM box and asked me to break up this package I have been saying from the very start I would not be breaking up because they don't want the games because they are going to emulate.