IGNORED

Minter / TxK / T2K / and stuff

sh3-rg

As we know TxK is only a matter of weeks away now, have a read of this from the blog - interesting stuff.

The Road to TxK: Genesis of a Genre

I'm sure all of us will find something of interest in that lot! If not, other goodies:

Hollie meets Jeff... phwoooar (Hollie, TxK, Jeff... you decide!)

http://minotaurproject.co.uk/YakImages/noise_pulse.mp4 video

http://minotaurproject.co.uk/YakImages/misspelt_terrific.mp4 video

https://soundcloud.com/junosix/noise-pulse-out-of-this-world audio

HYPE! BRING THE HYPE!

• Like 10

Oh Jeff, sigh, "it's more controllable than any other version we've made"? Have you forsaken the awesomeness of the Jagpad???!?!?!?!?!?!!? :P

BTW, Jeff has hinted that a PC version is definitely in the cards, so if you don't want to shell out for a Vita just wait a bit till the exclusiveness period is over, you'll get it on the PC :).

• Like 4

BTW, Jeff has hinted that a PC version is definitely in the cards, so if you don't want to shell out for a Vita just wait a bit till the exclusiveness period is over, you'll get it on the PC :).

post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-pleas

Seriously, it's not coming out on anything else for at least 3 months and the hint could be for ps4 just as easily as PC.

Buy a Vita. Buy TxK.

</hardcoresonyfanboisoapboxing>

when the opportunity arose to do a project on the PS Vita I thought it’d be particularly nice to do something in that style, as the Vita has such a fantastic screen that is ideally suited for such things, with chthonically deep blacks and intensely vibrant colours.

TxK is perfectly suited to its home on the PS Vita. Not only do the graphics positively pop on the delicious Vita screen – we’ve also taken care to cater to your gameplay needs whatever they may be. Fancy a long session? Begin at level 0 and go as far as you can for a Pure Mode score. Want to push your best hiscore up a little higher? Start at your highest Restart Best point and see if you can press through to the next level. Just have 5 minutes to dip in to the game? Choose any level and try to improve your Restart Best for that level.

bear in mind it looks even *better* on the Vita screen

So... another spinner-less Tempest port?

I've played it. It's far more than that. Analogue sticks >>>>>>>>>> Jaguar spinner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jaguar dpad.

• Like 2

post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-pleas

Seriously, it's not coming out on anything else for at least 3 months and the hint could be for ps4 just as easily as PC.

Nope, the comment was clearly for PC.

Also, spinerless port? All PCs have spinners, duh! They're called "mouse wheels" :)

• Like 2

As Jeff admits himself.

I remember he was royally pissed and wanted to quit game development when Space Giraffe was released and sold badly.

I loved Tempest 2000 but I absolutely hate Space Giraffe. Personally, I think it's the worst because I can't see what the hell is going on. He went "full retard" with it.

Space Giraffe is worse than E.T.

Anything to make up for Space Giraffe.

Really divides opinion that one. It really is a love or hate thing, no sitting on the fence with that one.

i don't know what all the fuss is about there, its a pretty good game, it seems a little hard to get a descent quote at the end of the level though apart from the general insults...

i have bought it and played it quite a lot and am happy

• Like 1

"Page does not exist"

Still probably better on the Vita. Nice analogue controls and as Jeff pointed out, seeing it on a PC screen supposedly doesn't do do it justice. :)

Just chop the end off his linky, seems to have been chopped from a forum post or something with a little extra commentary :)