IGNORED

Minter / TxK / T2K / and stuff

sh3-rg

I'm hoping for a PC port or the Vita TV to be released stateside. Otherwise, I don't think I'll be able to play this one (no more portables for me, my 3DS already gathers enough dust as it is).

Not sure if there will be a patched version for Vita TV - it uses the touch screen for directed smart bombs. Maybe that kind of stuff works with a DS4 touch pad (seems unlikel thoughy, touching a small scratch pad off-screen vs pin-point accuracy of the screen you're playing on) or if it could just be mapped to an unused button but then not be directed.

Sorry for the threadcrap. nonner242 I can't send you a PM. Is your inbox full?

I have no mailbox...

Im also never really here.

Im more like a spirit.

You can email me directly.

Nonner242worldslargestvideogamecollection/yeahreally/freegameseverydaytoawesomeppl.org

or call me at 1877-New-game..$4.99 a min tho.

• Like 1

quote by Jeff Minter

I’ll drop a few links here where you can download much less compressed videos. I really do recommend you do that in order to see just how lovely TxK looks in motion. And bear in mind it looks even *better* on the Vita screen .

Everyone wanting to play this on anything but a Vita deserves to sniff on Jeff's old pullovers. :D

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 3

Sure is!

Read that the other day.

I recommended everyone should read it.

y-bot has called my pay per min line. Thanks for the business..sorry I talk so slow and repeat myself so much.and I'm very sorry that I had you on hold for so long while I went out to helped that poor old lady I saw thru my window trying to cross that icy road.

But at least my daughter can have that nice new bike for her birthday now.

Thanks for the info Y-Bot

Yes, that's why it's the first link in the thread :lol:

y-bot has called my pay per min line. Thanks for the business..sorry I talk so slow and repeat myself so much.and I'm very sorry that I had you on hold for so long while I went out to helped that poor old lady I saw thru my window trying to cross that icy road.

But at least my daughter can have that nice new bike for her birthday now.

Thanks for the info Y-Bot

The fuck?!

EDIT: OK, I saw the other post above... still makes no sense :lolblue:

• Like 4

She-rg

To the best of my knowledge, Shatner is affiliated with Atari's charities and non-profit division, and has been since back in '89.

Start with the clues.....

Shatner

Atari Age

Bike

Back in 89

It will make sense...eventually.

Then you will truly be one with AA.

A spirit like me...a ghost in the machine man..

Edited by nonner242

And I'll wait for the PC version kthxbai ;)

Thanks to your unwillingness to buy the OLED Vita is finally being discontinued now!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-30-vita-slim-uk-release-date-price-announced

And I haven't had a chance yet to get one myself yet, so THANK YOU for making me miserable!!!!

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 2

Dont know why ppl are so on the fence about the vita. Its a awesome handheld.

I have owned a ds..dsixl..3dsxl..psp since launch. And this by far themost used system I own now. Especially if you own a ps3 or ps4 and have ps+. You really never need to buy a game again. Ive had ps+ for a year now and have such a large back catalog of games to get around to playing its not funny. I dropped xbox live a year ago and couldnt be happier. I never would of thought it would be so easy to do.

Back to vita...its pretty much like having a ps3 in your hands. I mean look at Killzone..TekkenXSF..DOA...Uncharted or Wipeout. They are amazing to have on a handheld. And hold their own against the console pretty well if not better since they are portable. Im super happy I took the vita plunge. And dont get me started on the wonderful oled screen. Its pure heaven to see. Blacks are BLACK and bright light..neons..torches aka light stuff is bright. They colors are just amazing. And no blurring. Also i should mention i have not seen this thing slow down..bog up..get crap frame rate on anything 2d or 3d yet....So now is the time before the oleds are replaced with the cheaper screens.

I am super excited to see TXK on it. I know it will be amazing.

Jeff didnt pick the vita for no reason. .he had a plan and im sure it will be the best way to see the game as he wanted.

• Like 2

For many it is Sony-hate. Very common today, while I can't really tell why since Sony's sin-toll is relatively low compared to other console manufacturers imo.^^

Some people though may simply be scared about the system's future. Which is a bit of a hen and egg thing, because the system's promise would be higher with more users, and for the disappointing amount of users it has now it already has incredible advantages.

• Like 2

The next iteration of this needs to be a multi-tube adventure where you can make choices what tube to go through based on your position at the start of the transition.

And the bonus rounds need to be beefed up. In stead of flying through a series of rings with a warped and morphing terrain below you for show. You need to actually be able to drop to the surface and battle in a new world. Flight Simulator style, with simplified mechanics and controls. A huge flat tube world stretched out on a grid.

Later bonus levels could be bouncing and constantly moving contour graphs, and even be built around classical mathematical formulae used to show off the early graphics capabilities of the first micros in the 70's.

Hope Mr. Minter reads this and gets some ideas rolling. This ain't gonna be gramma's Tempest!

• 2 weeks later...

HALT!

keep-calm-and-buy-a-ps-vita.png

After hearing about how Sony is discontinuing the OLED model, I had to pick one up last week. They are sold out everywhere around here. I was lucky and picked up the last one at a Target.

It's a very cool machine. It's unbelievable that they can make a PlayStation 2.8 that fits in your pocket. That screen is absolutely gorgeous and is really the main reason why I bought one. I'm a huge fan of OLED tech and was very impressed when I heard a couple of years ago that Sony was putting one in their next portable.

My name is Punisher429 if anyone ever wants to play.

• Like 3

After hearing about how Sony is discontinuing the OLED model, I had to pick one up last week. They are sold out everywhere around here. I was lucky and picked up the last one at a Target.

It's a very cool machine. It's unbelievable that they can make a PlayStation 2.8 that fits in your pocket. That screen is absolutely gorgeous and is really the main reason why I bought one. I'm a huge fan of OLED tech and was very impressed when I heard a couple of years ago that Sony was putting one in their next portable.

My name is Punisher429 if anyone ever wants to play.

Is it really being discontinued? I thought that was still up in the air. I know the new one costs them less to make (but damn, if only they'd start selling it for *a lot* less. It's more expensive than a 10 game bundled OLED version here right now - crazy).

Adding you on PSN now. I see from your profile you don't have a ps3 or ps4 so doubtful you'd pay for psplus just for Vita, a shame as ps3 and Vita get so many goodiues each month. Then again I don't have the time to play all the Vita and ps3 games with plus anymore, literally just way too much great software I'll only ever get a chance to play if I do something silly like break my legs and have to stay home in bed :lol:

TxK only 2 days away!

It really is about to be discontinued. Everywhere where the new model launches, only the old stock of the OLED models is sold.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-30-we-still-believe-the-vita-has-a-role

What's going to happen to the older stock - it's being phased out, but how long until they're gone completely?

Fergal Gara: Well, the stock levels are very low, and that's why bringing it out next Friday is suitable in this market. That's one of the factors in choosing our timing, and stock levels are very low.

I also find it silly... I'd totally understand if they sold it for a low price now, like 150 Euros, giving the cost reduction to the customers. The only point in having the LCD would be to penetrate the market better due to lower cost, but right now they just offer an inferior product for the same price (higher if you take into account the discounts many shops offer on old models).

Not fair from Sony. I am sure they are getting the old stock of Lynx-screens real cheap, they should lower the price. :P

Edited by 108 Stars

Well, I suppose it is being phased out, better look after mine a bit more carefully now :D

Saw an advert on TV for 2DS earlier... £99 with Pokémon X or Y. That's a long way away from the Vita's price.

On topic: Txk! yay! etc!