IGNORED

Minter / TxK / T2K / and stuff

sh3-rg

I beat all of them, actually you just have to stay with it. There are some really hard levels in between, but nothing is impossible. I remember in Space Giraffe at one point there is a level that is so blurry that you don't even know what is going on anymore (I know a lot of people would say that applies to the whole game:)) but once you realise that you have to react more to the sound clues, you are in the Zone and you can pass that too. I think t2k has level 64 and txk level 38 that seem really hard but at the end of the day none if it is impossible. I was pretty amazed how these games allow you to get through in time. For example I never did beat Raiden and I would never have beaten Rtype if it wasn't for the endless mode on the 360.(sure different genre, but I do not assume that all games are beatable for everyone) But the tempest games let you do that, even if it takes a bit of time

Level 64 on Space Giraffe was the same way. I can honestly beat that level with my eyes closed. Minter has this transcendent way of connecting with a player, and you certainly don't always have to use your eyes with his games. Sadly, this is why the "main stream consumer" doesn't connect with him.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally set up my PS TV as well, after receiving my 16GB Memory Card. TxK plays well at the TV with a PS3 Controller. Lots of fun.

I'm glad, that the PS TV allows me to play TxK at the big screen. I own a PSVita as well, but I like it more on TV.

• Like 1

I finally set up my PS TV as well, after receiving my 16GB Memory Card. TxK plays well at the TV with a PS3 Controller. Lots of fun.

I'm glad, that the PS TV allows me to play TxK at the big screen. I own a PSVita as well, but I like it more on TV.

I need to invest in this as well, I love TXK on my OLED Vita but this definitely seems like the way to go =)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hey sorry for reviving a thread which isn't really Jag related but I thought this might be the best place to ask (that I know of :-)).

Today I bought a package on Steam that I can very much recommend if you didn't know already. It's called Everything, Everything it includes Space Giraffe, Gridrunner Revolution, Minotaur Arcade Vol 1, Polybius and Moose Life which I think is a pretty solid package for the 19,81 Euros that I paid for it. Didn't try everything out everything yet but I had a question popping up and I didn't find any real information on the net so maybe some of you know.

I saw that there is an option in Space Giraffe that allows for high res objects and it really looks very nice and of course sharper than on Xbox 360, so that made me think that it would be really cool to have a high res version of the Neon Light Synth on PC. It seems that at some point it was planned or announced and then there were some rights issues or something. Does anyone know the story behind that? It doesn't seem likely that it will surface after all this time but playing the sharp version of Space Giraffe today made me want it. ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeterG said:

Hey sorry for reviving a thread which isn't really Jag related but I thought this might be the best place to ask (that I know of :-)).

Today I bought a package on Steam that I can very much recommend if you didn't know already. It's called Everything, Everything it includes Space Giraffe, Gridrunner Revolution, Minotaur Arcade Vol 1, Polybius and Moose Life which I think is a pretty solid package for the 19,81 Euros that I paid for it. Didn't try everything out everything yet but I had a question popping up and I didn't find any real information on the net so maybe some of you know.

I saw that there is an option in Space Giraffe that allows for high res objects and it really looks very nice and of course sharper than on Xbox 360, so that made me think that it would be really cool to have a high res version of the Neon Light Synth on PC. It seems that at some point it was planned or announced and then there were some rights issues or something. Does anyone know the story behind that? It doesn't seem likely that it will surface after all this time but playing the sharp version of Space Giraffe today made me want it. ?

Sadly, Neon never materialized.  However, Jeff is currently working on a new VLM.  Unfortunately, even though they have a forum, Jeff seems to only use Twitter for updates these days.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Sadly, Neon never materialized.  However, Jeff is currently working on a new VLM.  Unfortunately, even though they have a forum, Jeff seems to only use Twitter for updates these days.

Well a new VLM would be even better.:)

47 minutes ago, PeterG said:

Well a new VLM would be even better.:)

Yeah - I'm very much hoping this one gets released.  I just got Moose Life for my PS4 VR a few days ago.  Much better to play in VR than the PC version.  I'm glad he's still releasing stuff, been a huge fan since I found Colourspace on the 8-bit Atari.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2015 at 11:22 PM, Karyyk said:

TxK is the reason I bought a Playstation TV, so if definitely works (and plays well; played some back-to-back T2K/TxK this weekend).

That said, "Atari" has the right to "protect its IP," as they say (they paid half-arsed money for it after all). No matter how many unethical and unscrupulous things they've done in the past (the loyalties for Tempest X3 is rather heinous), that doesn't discount that they have that right. It's sad, and it sucks, but it's business and they're obviously just in it for the money. That's where this doesn't really make a bit of sense. They obviously don't have another Tempest in the works, so going the C&D route rather than offering an alternative path to multiplatform releases is basically just throwing free money away. They could have offered a split on the proceeds, allowed Minter to make some things official (Atari logo, the word "Tempest") and basically everyone wins at that point.

As things are going now, Atari isn't going to win anything from making Minter broke (aside from some EA-level infamy), Minter stands to lose more than subsequent profits and gamers lose a chance to play a very, very good successor to one of the finest games to grace an Atari platform. I think that's where the whole Atari "protecting its IP" bit becomes very hard to swallow to anyone who's played Tempest 2000 (or 3000), and that it seems a bit wonky to have to "protect" it from the very person who kind of established Tempest's gameplay when updates and sequels to classic games were just becoming a big deal (and most of those were downright slaughtered). I guess IP is a way you could mean "profits" or "investment," so money, but I don't see where they're going to make a dime squatting on this or any other IP. They're certainly not going to spend much in the way of internal resources making updated versions of old games that people may or may not care about, so why not play nice, share some proceeds, and then expand the formula. Surely some other talented indie developers would love a chance to give their own updated takes to Atari classics, and this would be a great way to spin this into something positive instead of coming across like a less successful and more bitter caricature of EA.

It doesn't matter what royalties they pay, they were agreed to by the developer. If the developers don't like it they can say going forward you can see what we bring to the table. We want a better deal next time.