IGNORED

Is a 32x safe to use on a CDX?

TaskenLander

That would be the question... does it allow the door to open more or just steady the 32X? I love my CDX, but rarely use it with my 32Xs for that reason. I keep my Genesis 1/CD2 setup with the 32X... and a modded Gamecube power brick to power the thing!

Since it was SEGA themselves, getting hold of someone who knows would be very tough.

• 2 months later...

I seem to remember it having something to do with RF shielding, something like Sega of America didn't get FCC approval for the 32x/cdx combo as they rushed it out the door. I know I ran both together for a while when I had those devices, probably 20 years ago, and nothing bad happened. It would probably fuzz out your AM radio reception or something.

On the cusp of purchasing a 32x for my CDX. Can anyone or 'ones' definitively tell my OCD ass that it, the 32x, won't in anyway 'fry' or damage my CDX??

PLEASE and THANK YOU!! :-D

YES! DO IT< I have for years no problem and furthermore upon reviewing this entire thread, I have no doubt the combination is safer to use in you're hands then anyone else here. :-D

On the cusp of purchasing a 32x for my CDX. Can anyone or 'ones' definitively tell my OCD ass that it, the 32x, won't in anyway 'fry' or damage my CDX??

PLEASE and THANK YOU!! :-D

While nobody can promise that... did you somehow miss the multiple posts saying that it works great?

Update:

Just got my 32x from the post office today. Hooked it up to my CDX -- LOVE IT! Works/looks great!

Not sure what I was so worried about lol.

Definitely a worthwhile edition, IMO, to your Sega Genesis collection/set up.

Thanks again to those who contributed their thoughts to this thread.

,Mike

• Like 2

Eh, I personally feel like *I* overpaid but it came w/ everything minus the box and I've been wanting one for so long now that cost almost wasn't a concern.

Just glad to finally have one. Looking at the set up now its almost kind of weird to think of a time when my CDX didn't have the 32x ad on attached; they look so good together IMO.

Definitely looking forward to seeking out some titles (I bought Star Wars to test it out with).

Lol. I quit using my cdx and went back to my old setup of Genesis 1, CD 2, and 32x because of how pricey the cdx was I became worried about wearing it out. Those things have gotten too expensive to use as an everyday machine for me.

That and my copy of Fix It Felix Jr doesn't work on the cdx.

Congrats on getting yours up and running.

• 2 weeks later...

They had an adapter ad I my 32x for a cdx adapter, but they never made it because some tests they 32x was over heating the cdx.

I don't know what you're trying to say but I'm pretty sure it's incorrect. There is no overheat risk that I'm aware of, and I've certainly never encountered it.

it was a safty warning sega packaged with the 32x I cant find it right now, put I wouldnt change messing up cdx, its not like they are cheap 5o gamble with

Right, it's because they didn't get the FCC approval and so were not approved to state that it works 100% just fine. But it does anyways. See how that's a sticker? The manual makes mention of a CDX adapter.