IGNORED

Texas chainsaw massacre prototype discovered?! More pics.

jmanley30

I am making this my last post, the item is on ebay, it will stay there. I am not breaking my ebay integrity. If any of you want it that badly I know you will bid on it. If not thats ok. Have a great day to all.

Sigh....another great loss to our community. :roll: Sorry but you know it really burns me up the attitude of some people and ever notice this is the second time recently when someone starts getting called out or not getting the response they hoped (which is everyone falling over themselves to obtain their times at any cost) how they feel the need to throw the old "You know I was warned about this place, I heard bad things about the people on atariage......" blah blah blah sure whatever but you STILL have no problem coming here to sell your items(s) for the biggest profit possible, getting the help, getting the info etc, but the moment you hear something you don't like suddenly oh yeah atariage sucks. Yeah funny, guessing those "people" who talk shit about atariage let me guess, they are other people who got banned or pushed out because they to tried to use the forums for their agenda only to find out people here are to smart and knowledgeable to jump on item someone who could care less about the community is trying to sell, and when they do you we never see them again. The majority here have knowledge yes but also integrity and some scruples when it comes to transactions and looking out for our fellow members, well if THAT is why people apparently are warning others about us or claiming others should avoid us then GOOD, we don't want just anyone here and have enough fine outstanding reputable buyers and sellers as is, there is no loss to us if these are the kind of people coming here.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 6

I am making this my last post, the item is on ebay, it will stay there. I am not breaking my ebay integrity. If any of you want it that badly I know you will bid on it. If not thats ok. Have a great day to all.

For the record, I will not be bidding on this item as I have a feeling there will be some shilling involved and I refuse to use my high bid to stimulate it (i already see some evidence of that anyway on the actual auction). Additionally, there is something that is not right about this whole thing anyway.....can' t really pinpoint it I have purchased over 1,000 protos (many of them rarer than this one) and I have never experienced anything like this- especially using my name and integrity to promote a sale. Remember, it takes two to tango and I refuse to tango. I think I am more disappointed than anything else but, unfortunately, it does come with the territory of collecting. I have learned in my collecting that you cannot get everything and I am perfectly ok with it.

BTW, the one who has the higher bid than me, don't worry about my bid.......you can take it for less. :) Good luck Jon with the auction.

• Like 2

Ok, that's definitely reassuring. It doesn't appear to be tampered with either (no sloppy chip removal evidence on the bottom).

There is no doubt that board is legit, one may argue about the contents of the EPROM, considering it is socketed.

• Like 1

There is no doubt that board is legit, one may argue about the contents of the EPROM, considering it is socketed.

As a collector, I really want this one. In your expert opinion, which I definitely trust, do you think this is legit? If Wonder is out I think I may have a fair chance to get this.

Anyone else think it's a bit fishy that it says prototype on the title screen? That's been bugging me this whole time. Is that Telesys board any different from what you would expect in a production cartridge?

I didn't notice that the first time. Nowadays it's common for protos to say SAMPLE or WIP on the title screen, but I've never seen a classic game proto with PROTOTYPE written on the title screen before. I'm not saying that it's a fake, but it makes me very suspicious.

I didn't notice that the first time. Nowadays it's common for protos to say SAMPLE or WIP on the title screen, but I've never seen a classic game proto with PROTOTYPE written on the title screen before. I'm not saying that it's a fake, but it makes me very suspicious.

Same feeling here.

8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

What was the point of your post?

Don't be like that, he is trying to have some silly fun and fit in like others here. lighten up man. ;) You are not seriously looking of for deep meaning considering some of the posts here? They cannot all be brilliant like Bennybingo ya know (or as skilled, damn Benny that new avatar is hilarious.! :thumbsup: )

• Like 1

Don't be like that, he is trying to have some silly fun and fit in like others here. lighten up man. ;) You are not seriously looking of for deep meaning considering some of the posts here? They cannot all be brilliant like Bennybingo ya know (or as skilled, damn Benny that new avatar is hilarious.! :thumbsup: )

Two things that make Shatner gag...

1. Wannabe moderators

2. Spock impersonators

post-2666-0-53539700-1400831401_thumb.png

• Like 3

Two things that make Shatner gag...

1. Wannabe moderators

2. Spock impersonators

lol that's awesome ! THANKS! Wish I had any skill making such things.

FYI not looking to moderate (not in my worst dreams :rolling: ) just offered an answer as I see it nothing more or less. Not sure why you would even see it as an attempt to do a moderators job but whatever, you misunderstood my intention. :cool: I WILL say though I just now noticed the age of this thread.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Wow someone has a case of douchebaggery.

Lighten up or go find a forum more akin to your negativity. Aa welcomes all.

Yes your 2 second AtariAge tenure would surely give you grounds to make such statements about how this forum works. Alas, I retort and tip my hat to your 27 meaningful posts.