IGNORED

Top 5 Favorite Jaguar Games

Austin

As Gunny said, the Jag version is finished. And was finished a year before both the PSX and Saturn versions. The other two versions have the benefit of hindsight.

That's really interesting. The Playstation and Saturn versions are far more difficult than the Jaguar version, which seems perfectly balanced in my totally biased opinion. I finished the Jag version with no outside help (although I was a kid with lots of free time). But it's all I can do to get past Band Land, the second world, in the Playstation version. The difference is that the Jag version is unfinished, so the slippery surface features of the Playstation and Saturn versions are missing in the Jag version. This makes the Jag version much more manageable, and much more fun.

On topic, my top 5 favorite Jag games are probably:

Alien vs. Predator

Syndicate

Doom

Rayman

Tempest 2000

Wow you can complete bubsy without a cheat, respect

There's a cheat/Godmode for Bubsy? That would have come in handy. :P

Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tales was made for speed runs, which is probably why it has that weird momentum/physics thing going on. I don't recall the other Bubsy games doing that.

I think you're right, and sometimes it is a rush to zip through Bubsy... that is, when you get an idea of where things are and how to stay alive. My recent rush is outrunning Bees. ;)

lol I like Dino Dudes. To each his own :). My list:

1. Super Burnout (amazing sense of speed)

2. NBA Jam (great arcade port)

3. Wolf 3D (very clean port, Carmack himself praised it as his favorite console version)

4. Raiden (awesome shooter, fun with 2 players)

5. DOOM (it's doom! :) )

I don't own Ray man or it'd prob be on my list. Also, I need to buy Syndicate. I like RTS games so I feel like I'd enjoy it.

Iron Soldier, Ruiner Pinball, Battlemorph, and Rayman were definitely my favorites in the way of the most conventional games on the jaguar that I really had alot of fun playing. I think that similar type games came earlier and later but these really surprised me with their quality. Zero 5 is my favorite jaguar game just because of how unconventional it is, plus it looks great and has some solid gameplay too.

• 3 weeks later...

Suppose, being new and all, it'd be rude not to offer up my (current) top 5!

In no particular order:

Tempest 2K

Super Burnout

Protector SE

PowerDrive Rally

Ultra Vortek

-

Honourable mentions... (i.e. would be top 10 inclusions)

Rayman

Doom

Zero 5

Iron Soldier

Hoverstrike

Edited by NeoGeoNinja
  • Like 1

Believe it or not, it's tough for me to make a Top 5 list for the Jag, as there's almost a dozen games that are all equally deserving of being there. Right now, this is how I'd make it:

1. Tempest 2K

2. AvP

3. Iron Soldier

4. Downfall

5. Superfly DX

Prior to the two Reboot games, Rayman, MC3D, Power Drive Rally, Raiden, Battlemorph, and Hover Strike:UC all swapped places. I'm one of the few Jag owners who just didn't get into Super Burnout, although I'll readily agree that it's one of the best games in the Jag's library.