IGNORED

GODZILLA! Programmers please read.

neotokeo2001

The collapsing buildings are the main play mechanic for Godzilla to be injured. Any unsupported brick will fall at the next pass (The lighter shade of bricks that cycle).

OK, but it looks like an unjustified death at the moment. If you can see why your avatar died then that adds re playability in my mind. At the moment you can be tunnelling away and just "randomly" die and that leads to a frustrating playing experience (to me at least).

The flying thing is a place holder for future enemy types. Different monsters, planes etc.. that will have different attack patterns.

OK. No worries.

OK, but it looks like an unjustified death at the moment. If you can see why your avatar died then that adds re playability in my mind. At the moment you can be tunnelling away and just "randomly" die and that leads to a frustrating playing experience (to me at least).

The falling bricks are not random. There is a visual clue of horizontal bricks that cycles at a set rate. The audio also coincides with the cycle rate.

OK, it's an interesting concept but needs more "oomph" as it's very one dimensional. Stay to the right of the building so the flying chicken can't surprise you and methodically pick off the lower bricks till you get bored.

How about hiding some power ups in the buildings that give you your atomic breath, maybe Godzilla can glow for a bit and then you can either use it to kill the other monster or wipe out a whole row of a building. Last for 5 seconds or one blast. And some jets and helicopters and other monsters that shoot at you, keep you moving. I dunno. Needs more "danger" I guess

I'm a huge G fan so I'm critical but to have a G game for the 2600 would be awesome

I do think the Godzilla sprite looks great, kind of like the way Japan loves to make cutesy baby versions of stuff. As I collector I have tons of these things as keychains and other junk

Augly.jpg

Here are the finished prototype cartridges for Godzilla. Also included is a normal release label version (red label) designed by YANDMAN.

The autograph version is high gloss black and is hard to take a picture of, it reflects everything around it.

post-3832-0-80314800-1400769423_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-03428800-1400769425_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-16483300-1400769426_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-13911200-1400769422_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-92697700-1400769420_thumb.jpg

Edited by neotokeo2001
  • Like 3

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2312391017711?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=231239101771&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I put one of the autograph cartridges up on EBAY. It is a chance for someone to own a copy of the Godzilla prototype autograph cartridge. Cartridge is unsigned but for an additional $25 each signature I can have it signed by either one or both Mr. Takarada and Mr. Nakajima.

Funds will help pay for the trip to meet Mr. Takarada and Mr. Nakajima.

• Like 1

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2312391017711?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=231239101771&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I put one of the autograph cartridges up on EBAY. It is a chance for someone to own a copy of the Godzilla prototype autograph cartridge. Cartridge is unsigned but for an additional $25 each signature I can have it signed by either one or both Mr. Takarada and Mr. Nakajima.

Funds will help pay for the trip to meet Mr. Takarada and Mr. Nakajima.

Ending in 1 hour...

Someone must really like Godzilla :-o

Who doesn't like Godzilla!!! Just crank up some Blue Oyster Cult to set the mood and suddenly Godzilla is super awesome! Godzilla, aliens, sci-fi, and video games - definitely in the top 10 if not the top 5 of my favorites list. :)

Troy

• Like 1

I'm old. Of course I know Blue Oyster Cult. I bought that record BECAUSE of Godzilla. How did they get away with it, Toho is very protective of their trademark. I have a feeling this game will get a C&D order if they find out about it. eBay here I come!

Not to mention the use of Atari's trademark without accreditation/permission. I've been waiting, too :)

godzillajoe, on 29 May 2014 - 6:24 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm old. Of course I know Blue Oyster Cult. I bought that record BECAUSE of Godzilla. How did they get away with it, Toho is very protective of their trademark. I have a feeling this game will get a C&D order if they find out about it. eBay here I come!

Not to mention the use of Atari's trademark without accreditation/permission. I've been waiting, too :)

Toho is crazy protective over Godzilla. Blue Oyster Cult licensed Godzilla for an undisclosed amount for the song.

Godzilla is being made for a set number of autograph cartridges for myself and the programmer and is not being offered for sale. The red label is a what if label of what a released version of Godzilla would look like. If a full game is completed and offered for sale it would be a very limited edition and would be sold at cost. I keep exact cost of everything for each game I release and I usually do so at a loss.

From my experience personally talking to holders of various copyrights of previous games a fan-work game (art,video,music,etc..) doesn't really raise any alarms if no claim of that copyrighted material is laid by the author of the fan game and the game isn't being offered as a for profit commercial release. One thing that I have been asked to do in the future is make sure that credit is given to the copyright holders in any documentation.

These games seem to be unaffected by copyright issues:

http://www.awmstudioproductions.com/gdbr.html

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id847954928?mt=8

If a problem should arise with using the Godzilla name I already have a cool name to replace it.

• Like 1

Here are the pictures of the Godzilla cartridge signing. Thanks to RetroFiends for making it possible with a great Godzilla game. And once again thanks to Albert for making the cartridges on a really short notice.

Akira Takarada

post-3832-0-09831300-1401628274_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-22074800-1401628275_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-79861400-1401628276_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-79450100-1401628865_thumb.jpg

Haruo Nakajima

post-3832-0-17220800-1401628285_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-56274000-1401628296_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-14173600-1401628861_thumb.jpg

• Like 1