IGNORED

128-in-1 in windows 7 64bit?

CoLethalVision

I have purchased an Atarimax 128-in-1 USB cartridge and for the life of me cannot get windows 7 64 bit to recognize the thing.

I've installed the software from the CD, then downloaded the 64 bit drivers from the Atarimax forums, but still wont work.

Where am I supposed to put the .sys files?

When I put the cable in it beeps 3 times then does nothing.

Have tried google searching, but cannot get a laymen answer.

Any help appreciated.

Three beeps on a PC usually means that there is a problem with whatever hardware you are trying to use...since anyone reading this thread other than yourself was not there during the installation of said hardware we do not have all of the details and can only make assumptions about what went on during the software installation... I went ahead and read the Windows 7 64 bit installation instruction of the Atarimax 128 in 1 and it looks pretty straightforward with no special maneuvers that the installer must make.

I know that you probably have already done this but I would start out with uninstalling the software and re booting Windows without the device connected to any USB ports on your system... then reinstall the software following the instruction step by step...making sure that you "Run as Administrator".....if that still produces the same results as before... then try a different USB port... if you still do not get the desired results then uninstall the software again then re boot your rig and then explore the CD that contains the software and right click on the setup.exe file and go to the compatibility tab and run as Win 7 32 bit... if you still do not get the results you are looking for then repeat the un install and run it as Win XP. If that still does not produce the results you may need to look at your USB drivers and or ports to see if the problem is in there.

An Ideal test would be to try and install it on another system to see if it works...you may also want to turn off the UAC service long enough to install the software and see if it works...if you are still having trouble after all of this then you may need to give specific detail as to what you have running in the background...such as anti virus...spyware detection software...possibly Windows Defender could be the culprit...but again.. assuming here since there were not details given in the original post.

Have you tried to email AtariMax? Steven provides excellent technical support. I would also suggest posting your problem to his support forums.

I can confirm that the 128-in-1 cart and software do work with Windows 7 64-bit and so you definitely have a problem somewhere. The fact that when you plug in your cart that Windows doesn't recognise it says to me that Windows does not have the drivers correctly installed. Did you install the 64-bit drivers by unzipping the "ColecoVision USB 64-bit Drivers.zip" file and the right-clicking on the "usbcoleco.inf" file and selecting "install"?

I have had the same issue on a windows 7 64 bit machine. I posted a question on the atarimax forum a long time ago and never heard anything. (I tried reinstalling it multiple times, tried it on another computer, same issue but I think it was another windows 7 64) If you figure it out please post it here.

Just for the sake of asking... did you try the 128-in-1 cart with a ColecoVision to insure that it is functioning properly. Of course there won't be any games on it yet, but the menu will be displayed as well as the ability to use the built-in CV Diagnostics. If this all works, then you know for sure that the issue is with Windows or system.