IGNORED

Who has got a game for when your drunk?

Dripfree

The story you are about to read is untrue. The names have not been changed to protect the innocent because no names are used in the story.

The game I play with drunks is to lie down in my car near the busiest street I can find and have an out-of-body-experience, then possess a drunk's body, make him walk into the middle of traffic, then go back to my own body and watch him play a deadly game of human Frogger. I can't play this game using sober people, so thank God for drunks and people who get high.

I don't get drunk very often, but if I do and I'm in a gaming mood, I always seem to gravitate toward Golden Axe or some other mindless beat-em-up type game. Which is kind of weird, because typically that genre doesn't do much for me.

If my buddies are over, it'll probably be Shuuz on the MAME cab.

This isn't exactly what the OP was getting at, but some friends of mine have come up with an extremely entertaining drinking game ruleset for Super Mario World that's guaranteed to get all participants drunk and disorderly. It's a hot seat setup that goes a little like this:

- Take a drink for every coin collected or enemy defeated

- Take three drinks for every Yoshi coin collected

- No penalty for collecting power-ups (better hope you've memorized which question mark blocks are which!)

- Switch players every life lost or stage completed

What this results in is a hilariously overcautious game of Super Mario World that's even entertaining for spectators.

We used to run 100 turn Mario Party 1 games on the 64 (two 50 turners back to back with tallied star scores) at my place that involved lots of booze and herbal medicine. That's a major time investment but you can run a 20 turner in about an hour if everyone knows the game.

Was more of a MP thing than a solo thing of course but great experiences when you're a little torqued up. After enough people walked out post game in anger, disgust, or sorrow (anyone who's played party knows how an arbitrary star switch 2 turns before the finish can ruin your day) we had a mantra we always said about it: "Alliances will be formed, friendships will be broken". It was akin to Monopoly, people made side deals, we had people who would throw mini-games when they were on a team where a guy needed the coins the next turn for a star, etc.

Great drinking/party game.

Edited by GoldenWheels

Back before most of my buddy's had kids, we used to play all kinds of games up here at my pad all smoked n boozed up. Hell, It's hard to remember half of what we played but it was more modern stuff. Tiger Woods Golf on Xbox was fun. However the ones in particular are the Guitar Hero and RockBand series'. It had to have been the funnest /funniest thing ever lol. However the jewel out of all of those (imho) was The Beatles: RockBand, a blast to play buzzed up or not... I love the psychedelic backgrounds, such a cool game! Ahh good times :-D

I veer more towards pinball for drunk "gaming". If I had to pick a videogame though to play while intoxicated, it would be online deathmatch-based games, like Unreal Tournament or Quake III Arena / Quake Live. For some reason I can still perform really well at these games when drunk.