IGNORED

Future OE season 2 poll

zylon

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many rounds would you like in the OE HSC?

• 10 rounds- would have to cut one from regular HSC
    • 7 rounds- this fits good and leaves a break time
    • 5 rounds- this would be short, but leave a break between each season
  2. 2. How will we choose games for the OE?

• Same as last year, each player suggests 2 games
    • I choose titles for the polls that weren't used in that years regular HSC
    • no polls, and we use the games with most participation in regular season- kind of like level field rematches

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This poll is for how we will run the 2 seasons each year. As of now, we have 21 regular rounds and 10 OE rounds, adding up to 53 weeks if there's no break. We also need to decide how the games are picked for the OE as there are less of them. I'll leave it up to you, the players.

Poll will close at the conclusion of round 10 of regular HSC.

Edited by zylon

I'd be interested in other themes for these mini-tournaments other than OE again. Ideas might include all-homebrews, all-A8-conversions, all-Activision, etc. Any interest?

We could also do these things as a special round from time to time like LR&SS.

I'd like to see a shorter season for both tournaments.

I can only speak for myself, but a non stop gaming gaming season has not only become impossible to stick with, but it also grows old.

Where as I love participating a 2 week break is far from a real break.

Thinking out loud here.... The 2 week break right now is just fine before the new regular season begins . Maybe a 2 week break mid summer [4th July] or maybe a 1 week break at that point and then the 1 week break between the Regular and OE we had this year ? Keeping things fresh while still pounding the controllers I guess..

As for picking the games, I like the 2 game method we did this year. I think it worked out well and was fair.

No, we didn't all get to play both of our games, but do we really want to play the same games we played during our regular season ? or even half of them ?

I agree with the above game suggestions. I'd love to see some A8 comversions [provided I can upload them to the crummy 128-1 cart I wasted a bunch on, still no help from the maker on uploading ] or if the majority of us can have those games put on custom carts on a timely basis so as to even compete. No emulation here, so I'd be out on every one of those games if I couldnt do either of the aforementioned.

Conversion games like Atlantis ,Demon Attack, Caverns of Mars , Spy Hunter , Shamus and M.U.L.E. come to mind and could afford us all some variety and infuse some level of new interest, rather than beating the factory catalog to death over and over.

Zylon has done a great job thus far , and I am sure he will work something to everyones liking.

Edited by peedenmark7
  • Like 1

I'm actually testing some A8 conversions I downloaded this week on my 128 mega cart. ;) Hope to have a few new titles for us to dig into. I've found ROM sources to be rather limited, compared with A8 sources.

I've raised the above issues since participation always seems to fade off as the regular season goes on. I do like to get one good special round in there near the middle. I've used a few of the "theme ideas" in the past for poll choices and will go back to that once in a while. :)

The OE HSC worked out quite well, but I only ran 10 rounds as it was something new and needed to work out any bugs. We're working on that now. Our HSC's are a work in progress every season.

:)

BTW: Everyone's had about a year to get one, so Tempest will be in the polls this season.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

I'm actually testing some A8 conversions I downloaded this week on my 128 mega cart. ;) Hope to have a few new titles for us to dig into. I've found ROM sources to be rather limited, compared with A8 sources.

I've raised the above issues since participation always seems to fade off as the regular season goes on. I do like to get one good special round in there near the middle. I've used a few of the "theme ideas" in the past for poll choices and will go back to that once in a while. :)

The OE HSC worked out quite well, but I only ran 10 rounds as it was something new and needed to work out any bugs. We're working on that now. Our HSC's are a work in progress every season.

:)

BTW: Everyone's had about a year to get one, so Tempest will be in the polls this season.

There are lots of ROMs out there , but it seems some are bad or have bugs, making it hard to trust what you find unless it pops up right here . I'm gonna have to figure out what the deal is with my 128-1 or simply find another multi cart, I'm not happy with the support on it.

I enjoyed the OE this season, nice close finishes , and it seems that with a win /loss or two one way or the other, everyone had a shot at the brass ring. 10 rounds too long, 5 too short ? I guess that depends on how long the regular season runs.

I personally prefer the OE as we are using what the creators intended .

Was lucky enough to get one of the first boxed Tempest games from Al and love it... I had better get playing it !

Peedenmark7, I have one of those Atarimax 128 USB carts. If you need some basic help with it, maybe I can talk you through it. Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Same here. I just got mine 2 weeks ago and have dug up about 200 roms. I will post, if I have it, a working rom for any oddball titles I introduce. :) I have not been able to find any working files for Demon Attack or Atlantis so far...

I have lots of trouble getting the cursor to stop on the game I want and find the menu software to be lacking compared to my A8 maxflash setup.

I'm leaning towards 20/7- regular/OE personally.

Edited by zylon

Thanks champ ! I will be in touch soon.

Zylon , is that cursor moving up and down a calibration thing for you ? I know had that same problem early on after getting my 128-1.

Once calibrated that issue stopped , but I will say that the cursor is real stick sensitive. Ive turned the 5200 on and if the stick is pointed in whatever direction it at times is either scrolling or flipping pages on me.

No plug, but the Atarimax guy has Demon Attack and Atlantis on carts so I would likely get them there , though it would be nice to have them on the multi cart for ease of travel as well.

I'm down with a 20/7 :)

Thanks champ ! I will be in touch soon.

Zylon , is that cursor moving up and down a calibration thing for you ? I know had that same problem early on after getting my 128-1.

Once calibrated that issue stopped , but I will say that the cursor is real stick sensitive. Ive turned the 5200 on and if the stick is pointed in whatever direction it at times is either scrolling or flipping pages on me.

No plug, but the Atarimax guy has Demon Attack and Atlantis on carts so I would likely get them there , though it would be nice to have them on the multi cart for ease of travel as well.

I'm down with a 20/7 :)

Mine is more of a timing issue. I've found I need to move just enough to trigger slow speed on the menu and stop right on the game I want. I can't move one game at a time though. It always jumps 2-5 past it.

Last night, I tested: Meebzork, Captain Beeble, Spitfire, AE, Asteroids, Final Legacy, and Super Pacman with good results.

Tonight, I tested: Caverns of Mars, Anteater, Timerunner, Kid Grid, Pacman Plus, Satan's Hollow, Rally, & Floyd the Droid.

Edited by zylon

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

poll is closed. OE season 2 will be 7-1-week rounds and games will be chosen for the polls like last year. Keep watching for the sign-up thread to nominate your 2 choices. Must be real releases from during the life of the 5200.