IGNORED

What is the thing you like most in AtariAge?

The best of AtariAge  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What AtariAge's feature you like the most?

• General gaming or retrogaming news and talks.
    • Techinical source about programming, hardware and/or development.
    • AtariAge community market to buy/sell/trade gaming stuff, including AtariAge store.
    • AtariAge gaming through one or more HSC (High Score Club).
    • AtariAge community, friends, talks, news (a much better Facebook).
    • The fact we have all features above in one nice place that is AtariAge.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ok, I started it.

To me, AtariAge became very important because AtariAge offers all these aspects in a great way.

I joined to keep playing Atari 2600 while comparing scores again after many years playing alone in emulators! HSC happened to be my best gaming through internet experience.

Then I follow threads, news , talks I discovered the Ata ri 7800 and Intellivision!

With great people here, I've made friends and had fun either playing, talking or simply reading and seeing fun threads.

Having friends, I was comfortable to use the market asking for international trades; thus having my first Intellivision, Colecovision and Atari 7800 consoles.

I've found a great and extensive source of information. The gaming and hardware development I've already witnessed are awesome!

I'm not a developer (only a gamer and with a humble gaming collection) but I had great moments I've never dreamed of!

I had the honour to beta test games! :thumbsup: And was mentioned in the manual!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've witnessed full development talks, decisions etc. PacmanPlus is a great example! But there are many other programmers who share in public a great amount of a game development.

As a gamer I could play and compare my scores with the programmer's own scores! I both lost (damn Spiceware -Space Rocks :P) and won (hehe, Dz-Jay ;) ).

Now, I'm talking with Dz-Jay after winning a big prize he offered in his Contest held in AtariAge Intellivision HSC! He will make a special custom game with the modifications I chose! :-o :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I like AtariAge because it's a forum of many forums. Virtually any system you care to mention is covered in some form and even if it isn't you can start a thread for it and expect to receive intelligent and informed responses. There are plenty of forums where you can't really talk about certain systems because they're just not on the radar i.e. you couldn't start a discussion on the TRS-80 or the VIC-20 on a Sega Saturn or Neo Geo forum because no one would get it.

AA is a great one-stop-shop for pretty much everything.

• Like 4

Throughout most of the Internet, when people talk retro gaming, it seems to begin and end with Nintendo.

The NES was released when I was off to college and had no time or money for gaming, so I was never into the NES. However, I very definitely like reading about all the 8-bit systems that came before. When I was a kid we had no money for videogames, so I had to settle for going over to the homes of friends to play Atari, Intellivision, Colecovision, etc.

Now as an adult I can finally afford to own systems and games I could only dream about as a kid.

It's nice to have one site that covers all those classic systems!

I like being able to discuss nearly any console here and know I'm talking with mature, respectful, intelligent people. It's hard to find that on a video game group on the Internet.

Totally this.

There is a level of maturity and experience here that I haven't seen on another gaming forums.

Average age is high here, which tends to help, but even our younger members seem to fit in pretty well.

It can sometimes get a bit 'kids get off my lawn' but that's only natural.

At 32, I still sometimes feel a bit on the young side of AA.

Edited by Reaperman

Uh-huh..... :roll:

Okay, for a more serious answer:

I enjoy the gathering of so many homebrewers here most, but that was not an option in the poll. AA is a nice forum in many respects, but that's what stands out as the reason to come back. Homebrewers showing their stuff, talking, and getting feedback.

Also, we have a community that is truly international. That's a great thing to me. :)

What I don't like so much is that it's kind of chaotic and barely moderated, with countless threads on the same topic even when there's not been much time between them and people posting 4 times in a row instead of replying using multiquote for example. It kind of makes it hard to keep track of what's going on and where to find stuff. Not a fan of over-moderation, but AA is the most chaotic gaming forum I know.^^

Hi guys,

Its a fun place to post and to talk about video games. I like the homebrew concepts on what new developers are doing and I feel that the sellers on AA offer products a fair prices! The members are very knowledgeable and help contribute to video game history!

I also feel that AtariAge members are much more friendly while being welcoming to new members and accepting to them! You might have a few troublemakers, but Albert and the moderators help step in to make sure they follow the rules and ban those that are repeat offenders !!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Seriously Atari Age is the best site of any that I go to. The chatroom is great, everyone is friendly and will awknowledge you...unlike a couple I could name. You can get any question answered here and I do mean any question no matter what. The experts here or should I say members could give Mensa a run for their money. So how much I love Atari Age look how long I been a member, since 2003 no other site is even equal to that. There is so much here that I love.

Edited by Classic Pac
  • Like 1

Atari Age is by far my favorite site, I go on it as much as most people go on Facebook, and I prefer it to Facebook for all of the above reasons. I love that this is a friendly and passionate community of gamers. I love that I can get new games for the retro consoles that I love, and that the site covers a broad range of systems. I have learned so much here and I've made many friends and added to my collection. On a personal note, as a 30 year old fan of 70s and 80s video games, I usually feel like the outsider in most of my social circles, but here in Atari Age I feel like I belong and it's really great. You guys make me proud to be a retro gamer even if people in the broader world don't share that appreciation.

Technical support all the way for me. I bought my 800xl on a whim without even knowing how to load a program. During a google search for info this site kept showing up, so I had to become a member. One of the best things I have ever done. This community is amazingly friendly and helpful. I've made a bunch of hardware for various machines thanks to the community here. I honestly believe Ive gained almost as much knowledge here as I did in high school. Before I joined this community my electronics knowledge was good enough to splice a few wires. Now I'm creating my own original Ideas with Integrated circuits. Every question I've ever posted gets a quick response from someone who has the information I need. AtariAge is like a giant throbbing brain of information on vintage electronics. I still got a lot I want to learn but AtariAge really got the ball rolling for me.

• Like 3

I love getting to talk in person with the actual programmer's who make all these lovely new ColecoVision homebrews. Such a rewarding experience to see a game transform from an idea/interest check, into the finished, polished final product. I also love all the technical expertise and discussion on everything. Lastly the people in general, I've made a lot of new friends and everyone is very nice to deal with. Glad to be a part of the community again! :-D

• Like 2

I like everything of AtariAge!

There is great communication, suggestions for my homebrews, people willing to help with doubts, myself I help and contribute as much as I can, learning about gaming history, buying some nice things I couldn't get other way (my Colecovision collection is the result), the rarity lists, even there are hardware and programming info for Atari VCS.

Last and not least I'm playing the Colecovision HSC and I'm enjoying greatly games that I wouldn't have played otherwise.

I'm feeling fortunate of getting into contact with so many people with interests in common :)

• 3 months later...

I only come here for Shatner. I almost didn't vote for the HSC, as I have never used it, but I may in the future, and I like the fact that it's there for when the competitive spirit gets into me. Maybe next year. The rest is what makes this the best. The people and the time and effort they put into it. Becoming a subscriber was an obvious choice.