IGNORED

Retro Gamer Magazine - Activision

gameofyou

I don't know if anyone here reads the magazine Retro Gamer, but the most recent issue (124) has a pretty lengthy article about Activision. It specifically covers their work on the 2600, and has an interesting interview with David Crane. They go thru each game Activision made for the 2600 (I think it was 40 or so), and have a small write-up on most of them. It is a pretty interesting 10-page feature, and I ended up picking up a few 2600 games because of it.

• Like 1

I've been reading this cover to cover every chance I have to pick up a copy. It is an outstanding mag chock full of great articles. I haven't gotten around to the Activision article you mentioned, but I am looking forward to the Cinemaware article I noticed in the one I just picked up a few days ago.

I was initially skeptical about RG (£5 is a lot to pay for a few sheets of glossy paper), but I was finally sold on it by the Game Gear collectors guide in #98 and since then the magazine has been an indispensible resource to me.

I also find the following extras very helpful and informative:

C64/Spectrum 30th Anniversary Book

Atari 40th Anniversary Book

Mega Drive/SNES Book

Videogames Hardware Handbook

For those who have a bit of catching up to do or want to downsize the amount of magazines they have, there are periodic collection books that feature the best articles from the previous year (there are currently 7 available).

Edited by English Invader
  • Like 1