IGNORED

Colecovision controller mini pcb for Super Famicom NTT Data - interest list

grips03

That's cool you guys got access to a CNC machine! Wish I could experiment with stuff like that..

Definitely count me in for a Pcb please, I finally got a controller on its way. I'm excited! Hopefully it'll arrive sooner than later so I can open it up to see what's going on..

Me to, yeah that's a bummer. Stinks that those controllers are so hard to get a hold of..

I'm really looking forward to this though, maybe it'll finally solve my controller difficulties. Love the ball knob mod but I need something more and I think this'll be it in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is how to wie the Konami SFC controller.

It also has 12 buttons, this one will be built like

Y = Button 1 or Left Coleco fire
B = Button 1 or Left Coleco fire

X =Button 2 or Right Coleco fire
A =Button 2 or Right Coleco fire

1 = keypad 1
2 = keypad 2
3 = keypad 3
4 = keypad 4
5 = keypad 5
Left side button = keypad *
Right side button = keypad #
Real Time = keypad 6
Program = keypad 7
Special = keypad 8
Select = keypad 9
Start = keypad 0

if you click the pictures you can see the cuts and jumpers on the pcb to seperate or join GND and COMMON.

GND is used for up,down,left,right,and left action button

COMMON is used for right, 3, 4 action buttons and common for keypad.

post-27883-0-84097000-1394402549_thumb.png

post-27883-0-17623100-1394402950_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-45863200-1394403053_thumb.jpg

Edited by grips03
  • Like 1

sadly i cant order one since i don't have those gamepad (rare as hell) but since you guys are making new pcbs modded for coleco would it be hard to clone the casing and buttons (it would be doable since it's snes based casing)

case would be 5-15k

Edited by grips03

Here is info on how to wire and cut the Famicom Network for the mini PCB.

Its uses slightly different cuts than chart45 posted earlier in the thread.

I used a cut wheel on the dremel to make these cuts.

I will most likely wire < and > for use with Frontline.

post-27883-0-03830200-1394421564_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-22955400-1394421575_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-78037900-1394422641_thumb.png

Edited by grips03
  • Like 1

the Konami controller did not make it. The pcb's pads are delicate and too many pulled up. :(

The Famicom Network controller is a tight fit, but fairly easy to work with. Only issue with controller is that its not that rigid.

Best overall is the NTT data.

• 1 month later...

Hi I am trying to find this controller on EBay but no luck so far. Did it take a long time for you to find the controller as well, thanks

Yes.. it took some patience. I didn't check everyday but quite often.

I can almost guarantee it'll be coming from Japan, very rare in the states..

I wouldn't mind another SFC controller myself but I'd rather have the regular Famicom over the Super Famicom since they're direct fit. ;)

No complaints, I'm lucky to have one either way, plus grips PCB is the heartbeat of it, you'll need one of those as well.. Also a DB9 cord from another controller or from a controller extension cord. A pair of cables is about $12 or so on eBay.

I hope another batch of PCBs would be a possibility if there is enough interest. :thumbsup:

Yes.. it took some patience. I didn't check everyday but quite often.

I can almost guarantee it'll be coming from Japan, very rare in the states..

I wouldn't mind another SFC controller myself but I'd rather have the regular Famicom over the Super Famicom since they're direct fit. ;)

No complaints, I'm lucky to have one either way, plus grips PCB is the heartbeat of it, you'll need one of those as well.. Also a DB9 cord from another controller or from a controller extension cord. A pair of cables is about $12 or so on eBay.

I hope another batch of PCBs would be a possibility if there is enough interest. :thumbsup:

Thanks for responding. I got outbid last night for a Famicom Network controller that was already modded for the colecovision so I bought from Japan the Famicom Network controller. Should get it in a few weeks. But it seems I found out about this PCB board too late. I have PM grips03 if there is any chance to buy another two but I guess by the sound of it there all gone. I am awaiting a PM from grips03. I hope more can be made otherwise I have just bought a paper weight, thanks

Edited by Protestari

Thanks for responding. I got outbid last night for a Famicom Network controller that was already modded for the colecovision so I bought from Japan the Famicom Network controller. Should get it in a few weeks. But it seems I found out about this PCB board too late. I have PM grips03 if there is any chance to buy another two but I guess by the sound of it there all gone. I am awaiting a PM from grips03. I hope more can be made otherwise I have just bought a paper weight, thanks

PM has been sent. I think I'm out of Rev 1 PCB.

I have Rev 2 pcb, but I've yet to test it as I got very sick over the weekend. Once its tested I can start selling those.

Make sure you can solder very well and are good with mods as this mod is rather difficult.

Ok I checked and I have:

qty 3 - rev 1 PCB - tested, diodes on single side

qty 4 - rev 2 PCB - not tested, diodes on both sides, smaller than rev 1

Rev 1 fits - NTT Data and Famicom Network

Rev 2 fits - not yet tested

Rev 1 pcb has holes in it. Matches the holes in the NTT Data case (not that the PCB needs to be there, in fact I like to mount it above the holes. hence they are removed in Rev2.

2 layer board of 2.34x1.00 inches (59.39x25.40 mm).

Rev 2 - smaller boards

2 layer board of 2.36x0.66 inches (59.99x16.84 mm).

post-27883-0-07707200-1398102056_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-45101100-1398102064_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-77488700-1398102069_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-67460100-1398102308_thumb.jpg

Edited by grips03
  • Like 1