IGNORED

Arcade Games You Want On the ColecoVision

VectorGamer

Arcade CV Games  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What arcade ports would you like see for CV?

• Donkey Kong 3
    • Any Pac-Man Yet To Be Released
    • Pole Position
    • Radar Scope
    • Zookeeper
    • Bosconian
    • Other
    • None
  2. 2. What arcade ports would you like to see redone?

• Time Pilot
    • Mappy
    • Rally-X
    • Dig Dug
    • Galaga
    • Other
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'd love a port of Rally-X. Would also love to see Zoo Keeper. Really, it would be great to have any classic (late 70s/early 80s) arcade games that aren't already ported well to one of the other classic systems.

Well then, forget the trading card project, BasicVision, your decision to stop publishing CV games and concentrate on making your own eventually. This way you can start tacking all those great games from your list and you would actually be good for at least 10 years... plus all your fans will have that great X-Mas morning email waiting for them! :P

I was actually planning to follow the above suggestion even before you posted it! Starting next Monday or Tuesday, I'm going to put the trading card project on hold and focus on Jewel Panic. I want to have the game mostly finished by the end of this month, before I start looking for a new job in March. :)

The complete Joust proto with sound has been found and we just have to be patient to see what transpires.

Well, well, well... You ColecoVision Brotherhood guys are a secretive bunch, aren't you!? :twisted: Whatever happens, if the finish game gets released on cartridge, I'll be the first one in line to buy a copy. :D

Well, well, well... You ColecoVision Brotherhood guys are a secretive bunch, aren't you!? :twisted: Whatever happens, if the finish game gets released on cartridge, I'll be the first one in line to buy a copy. :D

Not that I'm trying to be secretive, it's just what's the point of getting everyone's hopes up for a possible release when so many things like getting permission are required and more importantly... it's not in one of our hands because if it was the CV community would already be enjoying the full game.

Frogger and Gorf

While the CV versions could be improved VASTLY, I would rather see the homebrewers work on games that haven't already made an appearance on the CV. I have actually come to like and appreciate the fact that the same game is different in ways across numerous platforms although it is disappointing when games such as Gorf, DK, DK Jr., Congo Bongo, etc. omit complete levels.

• Like 1

A galaga port would be awesome. Metal Slug sounds amazing! Anything that takes advantage of the roller controller would be great!

Maybe some vectrex ports. I'm not sure if the SGM could handle vector graphics, but it would be awesome to play some of those games on the CV. Maybe an arcade asteroids with vector graphics.

A galaga port would be awesome. Metal Slug sounds amazing! Anything that takes advantage of the roller controller would be great!Maybe some vectrex ports. I'm not sure if the SGM could handle vector graphics, but it would be awesome to play some of those games on the CV. Maybe an arcade asteroids with vector graphics.

The only vector game I do really want to see for ColecoVision right now is: Tac/Scan

I love that game!!

"Arcade Games You Want On the ColecoVision"

I tried to put my Paperboy arcade on my colecovision

My colecovision instantly broke by the weight of the arcade

Paperboy arcade on Colecovision = Failed

:D

I hope it wasn't a fully modded F18A Colecovision with SGM attached... Rest In Pieces Colecovision. :_(

• Like 1

A vote for Berzerk, voice or not, but a system with the roller controller needs more trackball games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_trackball_arcade_games

I played this a few times

Ataxx

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=6960

I never really got into this one:

Kick

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8294

I put more than a few quarters into this

Wacko

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10390

Rampart

I don't know how well this would translate, but I played it lots

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9263

Bouncer

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7201

Cloud 9

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7354

Edited by Tarzilla

The C-64 recently received a great port of Berserk on cartridge complete with voice (albeit, a bit too quiet voice), so I'd love to see the same on the ColecoVision. As was stated, it would also be cool to have a voice edition of Frenzy (and heck, Gorf and Space Fury while we're at it ;-) ).

The C-64 recently received a great port of Berserk on cartridge complete with voice (albeit, a bit too quiet voice), so I'd love to see the same on the ColecoVision. As was stated, it would also be cool to have a voice edition of Frenzy (and heck, Gorf and Space Fury while we're at it ;-) ).

I would settle for a version of Gorf with the Galaxian stage included, and a Command Ship that looks more like the one from the arcade version. :)

As for Berzerk, one would have to devise a pretty clever engine to mesh voice samples with gameplay on the ColecoVision without said gameplay freezing.

• Like 1

I would settle for a version of Gorf with the Galaxian stage included, and a Command Ship that looks more like the one from the arcade version. :)

As for Berzerk, one would have to devise a pretty clever engine to mesh voice samples with gameplay on the ColecoVision without said gameplay freezing.

Would it be technically possible then for it to use the SGM optionally for voice and then no voice without it?

Would it be technically possible then for it to use the SGM optionally for voice and then no voice without it?

The SGM contains a standard MSX sound chip, which is very similar to the native sound chip in the CV console. There's nothing there that will take away any processing load from the main CPU, and doing voice output does put a significant strain on the CPU. That's why the CV needs to freeze everything that happens on the screen in order to do voice samples, as can be seen/heard in Sewer Sam for example.

On the other hand, and I say this theoretically without knowing if it's actually possible, perhaps having 6 tone channels and 2 noise channels makes it possible to produce voice samples via some weird custom data encoding, with an equally custom playback routine that's meshed with the rest of the game software. We're talking serious R&D here. :)