IGNORED

Arcade Games You Want On the ColecoVision

VectorGamer

Arcade CV Games  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What arcade ports would you like see for CV?

• Donkey Kong 3
    • Any Pac-Man Yet To Be Released
    • Pole Position
    • Radar Scope
    • Zookeeper
    • Bosconian
    • Other
    • None
  2. 2. What arcade ports would you like to see redone?

• Time Pilot
    • Mappy
    • Rally-X
    • Dig Dug
    • Galaga
    • Other
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The SGM contains a standard MSX sound chip, which is very similar to the native sound chip in the CV console. There's nothing there that will take away any processing load from the main CPU, and doing voice output does put a significant strain on the CPU. That's why the CV needs to freeze everything that happens on the screen in order to do voice samples, as can be seen/heard in Sewer Sam for example.

On the other hand, and I say this theoretically without knowing if it's actually possible, perhaps having 6 tone channels and 2 noise channels makes it possible to produce voice samples via some weird custom data encoding, with an equally custom playback routine that's meshed with the rest of the game software. We're talking serious R&D here. :)

Few year ago, i made some test in order to make my own Berzek , and i managed to play sample without freezing anything though the voice rendering suffer a little bit but was quite acceptable for 'robot' voice.

Few year ago, i made some test in order to make my own Berzek , and i managed to play sample without freezing anything though the voice rendering suffer a little bit but was quite acceptable for 'robot' voice.

I would think that would be more than acceptable for the vast majority of us. There were indeed some rough speech samples in the past, and I would think even with the necessary reduction in quality, there would at least be plenty of room for samples on modern carts. It definitely would be a great way to spice up a Berserk port.

Cuz it's not Qix

I consider it to be as close to Qix as reasonable for a ColecoVision game. The Colecovision's graphics chip simply can't do the visuals of the arcade version; in particular, those white vertical lines with black on one side and blue on the other.

Philipp

• 3 weeks later...

How about a Donkey Kong 2 port for the CV! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP4EOu1EWCI

Eduardo Mello tried to contact the guy behind "Donkey Kong II Jumpman Returns", to try to get permission to integrate DK2 into his own "Donkey Kong Arcade" ColecoVision game. Talks fell apart pretty quickly because the guy wanted a lot of $$$.

Basically games that don't exist on other systems or have very limited ports...Phoenix, Kosmic Kroozr, Bosconian, Zookeeper, and Tac Scan to name a few.

I would hope Zoo Keeper would be at the top of any list. As far as I know, it's only been brought home as part of Taito's "Taito Legends" emulation bundle for PC, PS2 and Xbox. A port is long overdue and I assume that the stock ColecoVision would be capable of a solid port.

???? What ????

It's like making a fantasy Mario Bros 2 for colecovision and ask people money if they want to port it to other systems

????!!!!THEFUCK!!!!!????

And why not? The guy in question did all the hacking work! It's debatable how much money he should ask for to let other people port his DK arcade hack to the ColecoVision (or any other platform) but there's no question he deserves some kind of payment.

And why not? The guy in question did all the hacking work! It's debatable how much money he should ask for to let other people port his DK arcade hack to the ColecoVision (or any other platform) but there's no question he deserves some kind of payment.

Well, maybe it's not as wrong as making a game from an existing IP

But the point is you're paying for modified graphics!

Both you and me knows how easy it is to simply modify existing graphics!

If they were selling DK2 themselves, I would be ok to pay for the game.... but for GFXs ? No

Or I would gladly pay if it was original creations from them

So if someone want fantasy graphics for an existing game, hit me!

It will be a pleasure to ask you $$$$ for doing it!

Ghost n Goblins 2 .... Donkey Kong Jr 2 ..... Jungle Hunt 2 .... Bc's Quest for Tires 3

Your choice!

:lol:

Seriously?

Here my small suggestions...:

Anteater
Berzerk
Bosconian
Breakout
Circus (Clowns)
Death Race
Diner (INTV)
Dig Dug
Do! Run Run
Donkey Kong 3 (DK2)
Fire Truck (Smokey Joe)
Galaga
Kangaroo
Mappy
Monaco GP
Mr. Do's Wild Ride
Nibbler
Night Driver
Pacar (SG-1000)
Pac-Man Jr./Super Pac-Man/Pac & Pal
Peter Pepper Ice Cream Factory
Phoenix
Pole Position
Radar Scope
Rally-X
Rip Cord (Sky Diver)
Scramble
Shark Attack
Shark Jaws (Maneater)
Sheriff
Snow Bros/Bubble Bobble/Bang Bang Buster
Space Demon
Space Fever
Space Firebird
Space Launcher
Timber
The End
Zoo Keeper

I would hope Zoo Keeper would be at the top of any list. As far as I know, it's only been brought home as part of Taito's "Taito Legends" emulation bundle for PC, PS2 and Xbox. A port is long overdue and I assume that the stock ColecoVision would be capable of a solid port.

Right on!