IGNORED

Arcade Games You Want On the ColecoVision

VectorGamer

Arcade CV Games  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What arcade ports would you like see for CV?

• Donkey Kong 3
    • Any Pac-Man Yet To Be Released
    • Pole Position
    • Radar Scope
    • Zookeeper
    • Bosconian
    • Other
    • None
  2. 2. What arcade ports would you like to see redone?

• Time Pilot
    • Mappy
    • Rally-X
    • Dig Dug
    • Galaga
    • Other
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

OK, as I do not have enough stress at hand at the company, getting married tomorrow, expect a baby beginning August and already having Archon being developed by very trusted hands, I'm now officially looking for programmer(s) for Phoenix and Vanguard for the ColecoVision and possibly the Intellivision too. :P

Edit: CollectorVision is also not working on or planning these releases as it seems

• Like 2

OK, as I do not have enough stress at hand at the company, getting married tomorrow, expect a baby beginning August and already having Archon being developed by very trusted hands, I'm now officially looking for programmer(s) for Phoenix and Vanguard for the ColecoVision and possibly the Intellivision too. :P

Edit: CollectorVision is also not working on or planning these releases as it seems

You should create an official dedicated thread for this project. :)

I have, Luc. In the Homebrew section. In here too? :)

Yeah, you should create a thread here that contains a link to your project thread in the Homebrew section.

I thought in doing a dedicated thread when a programmer is attached to the project to not get hope up too soon.

Isn't the point of creating such a thread to find a programmer? You gotta spread the word, my friend. ;)

• Like 1

OK, as I do not have enough stress at hand at the company, getting married tomorrow, expect a baby beginning August and already having Archon being developed by very trusted hands,

Poor guy... be ready to forget about Retrogaming and other hobbies very soon...

In my case, before getting married I would be able to code 10 Cv games per year. (unfortunally at this time i was not aware that Devkit existed on C.V and that crazy guys :) were ready to produce CIB cartridge!!!) .

After that , i could manage to code 2-3 homebrew per year. (that would be not bad)

then the first baby comes... the rate go down to 1 hombrew per year...

then the 2nd baby comes... the rate go doew to 1 homebrew per 1.5 year... (and because i force and i do only that in my free time! i can not even play video games!)

:(

So don't plan to much projects for the 10 coming years ! ;)

Edited by youki
  • Like 2

Congrats!

• Like 1

While the CV versions could be improved VASTLY, I would rather see the homebrewers work on games that haven't already made an appearance on the CV. I have actually come to like and appreciate the fact that the same game is different in ways across numerous platforms although it is disappointing when games such as Gorf, DK, DK Jr., Congo Bongo, etc. omit complete levels.

Versions of Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. already exist with the missing levels added back in again for the ColecoVision.

In response to an earlier post requesting Mappy. That's already been done on the MSX, so we have an idea of what that would look like on the CV (not great, unfortunately).

Galaga (SG-1000), Dig-Dug (MSX), Pop-Flamer (SG-1000), and Elevator Action (SG-1000) look more promising though.

Galaga (SG-1000), Dig-Dug (MSX), Pop-Flamer (SG-1000), and Elevator Action (SG-1000) look more promising though.

The SG-1000 version of Elevator Action has already been ported to the ColecoVision, and published by CollectorVision. The SG-1000 version of Galaga has also already been ported, albeit in limited collector prototype cartridge form.

The SG-1000 version of Elevator Action has already been ported to the ColecoVision, and published by CollectorVision. The SG-1000 version of Galaga has also already been ported, albeit in limited collector prototype cartridge form.

Also DigDug, a Colecovision Version exists. (AtariSoft prototype i think)

The C-64 recently received a great port of Berserk on cartridge complete with voice (albeit, a bit too quiet voice), so I'd love to see the same on the ColecoVision. As was stated, it would also be cool to have a voice edition of Frenzy (and heck, Gorf and Space Fury while we're at it ;-) ).

Hi can you give me a link to the C64 Berzerk game with voice. thanks

I really liked NATO Defense, i'd like to see a cv port of that one.

I had a look at that on YouTube. Does the actual arcade game really produce voice samples continuously like that? If so, then I'd say this game would be better served by the Intellivision, with its Intellivoice module. :)

I had a look at that on YouTube. Does the actual arcade game really produce voice samples continuously like that? If so, then I'd say this game would be better served by the Intellivision, with its Intellivoice module. :)

yeah the voice was great, but I liked the game play more, use to have a corner grocery when I was a kid. the owner would give me a free 6 pack of soda every time I broke the high score. so I would play it just enough to get high score then die, collect my pop and come back the next day.

he did the same when he had a star castle game. lol I drank way to much soda.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

-Namco Classic (King & Balloon/Warp & Warp/Rally-X/Tank Battalion/Bosconian/Dig Dug/Pole Position/Mappy)
-Nintendo Classic (Sheriff/Space Fever/Space Launcher/Radar Scope/Space Firebird/Sky Skipper)
-Pac-Man Collection 2 (Super/Jr./& Pal)
-Taito Variant (Jungle King/Jungle Hunt/Pirate Pete)
-Zoo Keeper

-Donkey Kong 3

-Phoenix

-Death Race
-Maneater

• 2 weeks later...

Zookeeper would be the #1 on my wish list! I'm not sure it came out for any home system?! If only there was unlimited time, otherwise i'd code it myself :)

Russ

Good choice, one of my all-time favorites! ;-) :thumbsup:

I think you're right, though... I don't remember ever seeing a single home conversion of Zoo Keeper.