IGNORED

Arcade Games You Want On the ColecoVision

VectorGamer

Arcade CV Games  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What arcade ports would you like see for CV?

• Donkey Kong 3
    • Any Pac-Man Yet To Be Released
    • Pole Position
    • Radar Scope
    • Zookeeper
    • Bosconian
    • Other
    • None
  2. 2. What arcade ports would you like to see redone?

• Time Pilot
    • Mappy
    • Rally-X
    • Dig Dug
    • Galaga
    • Other
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Super Game Cartridges (or whatever other cartridge electronics anyone could come up with) cannot help to alleviate the basic graphic limitations of the ColecoVision hardware, especially where sprites are concerned. The SGM cannot help with that either.

Technically, I'm rather certain that Zookeeper could be done within the limits of a regular 32K ColecoVision cartridge. Someone just needs to go ahead and code the game.

In that case, it's pretty bizarre that no one's done it yet, given how many people want it. Even if it's not the best, the only port of the game out there now is on PS2, so I wouldn't expect people to be picky in this case.

However...Super Game Cartridges should help, just look at DK Arcade. If it's not the SGM, and it's not the Super Game Cartridges, than what is it that makes it possible?

However...Super Game Cartridges should help, just look at DK Arcade. If it's not the SGM, and it's not the Super Game Cartridges, than what is it that makes it possible?

If you're talking solely about graphics, the ColecoVision's graphic processor can handle DK Arcade, but barely, with some compromises and lots of flicker in some places. I should know, since I worked on some of the graphics for that game for Eduardo. Thankfully, having a black background makes flicker less of an issue. And as far as other graphical compromises go, we try to make them as non-visible as possible. For example, if you look closely at the oil barrel at the bottom left corner of the first level, you may notice that the fire that comes out of the barrel looks a little different from the arcade version, but it's barely noticeable.

If you took any single level from that Opcode game, you could fit it on a regular 32K cartridge and play it on your ColecoVision, assuming a SGM is plugged in (because the original arcade game requires 4K of RAM and so does the ColecoVision port). All that the Super Game Cartridge offers is a way to break the 32K barrier (just like the MegaCart PCB) and it also offers a savegame chip option (something the "regular" MegaCart doesn't have).

In that case, it's pretty bizarre that no one's done it yet, given how many people want it.

What is so bizarre about a game that many people would love seeing ported/programmed for the CV? There are only so many talented programmers working on games for the CV and I can understand them being a little selfish in their game selection... first and foremost the game that they decide to work on has to interest them.

While I would love to see Zookeeper, Crazy Climber, Robotron, etc., etc. released for the CV one of these days, I understand that things don't always pan out... but thankfully these games can all be played via MAME in all their original arcade glory.

• 2 weeks later...

Question,that Super Mario Bros. arcade cabinet is fake right?

Oh its REAL alright, Both the ARCADE rom and NES rom are 95% the same there are some different like the The main arcade title screen and adding coin slot. Also some levels are different from each other.

marqueeFullOriginalrgb.jpg

The arcade came out in 1986 one year after the NES cart release. Just in time for the full NES system and gaming release nation wide.

SUPRMRIO--Vs%20Super%20Mario%20Bros%20se

Full+Tilt+-+Super+Mario+Bros.JPG

And unlike the NES version the arcade as a score screen.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Atariboy2600
  • Like 2