IGNORED

TI-99/4A Home Computer Book Archive

pjduplooy

Hi !

about the book archive is still active the old link: http://www.pergrem.com/tibooks/

i am working meantime for import the books in my DataBase Pages as Ernie gave to me permissions.

EDIT:

Betatest for read online the books... example:

Desktop (with flash player installed)

Mobile (without flash player installed)

what you think about ? ;)

Edited by ti99userclub
  • Like 2

The book archive really puts things into perspective for me. Being a solitary TI user in the UK, as a kid I genuinely thought there were only about two books ever written for the machine, I now have quite a few original books but it looks like I still have some way to go.

If I am not mistaken, Ernie has stated that he wants to pass on the archive. Since yesterday I get a "pageok" when I visit the site. Anyone knows whats happening?

I've been a bit quite since my earlier post, but as Ciro indicated, he will be integrating the books from the archive into his site.

Also, Jon Guidry has volunteered to host the current site and will be assuming ownership of it. For now he has a mirror at http://www.hexbus.com/tibooks.

I still have three more books to scan and post, but once that's done I will start redirecting visitors to Jon's site.

Ernie

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Beginning March 1st, my book archive site will begin redirecting visitors to the new location of the TI-99/4A Home Computer Book Archive, which is being hosted by Jon Guidry.

There are currently three books that Jon has yet to integrate into his copy of the archive. Those and any new TI-99/4(A) related books that I come across will, or have been scanned and sent to Jon for inclusion on the new site. There will be no new additons to my site before the transisiton.

As mentioned earlier, Ciro will also be intergrating the books into his site, so I encourage you to visit his TI-99 Italian User Club site to view the progress.

I would encourage you to add Ciro's site to your bookmarks and update the one for the book archive if you have not already done so.

Thanks,

Ernie

• Like 2

Thanks Walid,

I freely admit that I did it as much for myself as the community. At some point I plan on moving and the work done for the site will save me transporting untold pounds of books. :-)

There is still work remaining. One of the things that I have yet to finish and may never, is to create virtual disks for those books having source code. I've got about three disks in progress, but not sure when I will get them finished.

Ernie

Edited by airernie
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've had probably 13 people mirror the new site already... I plan on leaving it as-is for right now until I get free cycles (or one of my kids gets some free cycles) to put it into iWeb or another editing program to look like the rest of hexbus.com.

:)

• 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I've let the Internet Archive mirror Ernie's book archive as well. This gives our books a mirror somewhere and puts them out to a wider audience. From what I'm understanding about Archive.org, they probably have leeway as they are an archival site to have them up.

The main archive of everything is here: https://archive.org/details/2014-texas-instruments-book-collection

They will eventually live here with book covers and everything; https://archive.org/details/tibooks

• Like 1

Ernie, putting together this book archive was a truly monumental task, and I want to thank you for doing it. It is a priceless repository of knowledge for our TI system.

I have to second this motion. I've tried to do my best at scanning in documents as I find them but it's a time consuming process. So, thank you Ernie for your time and efforts, yet again!

In case anyone is interested, here's a link to a website for a DIY book scanning project. I'm tempted to do this myself but haven't yet.

http://www.diybookscanner.org/

Cheers!

-Dano

Ernie, putting together this book archive was a truly monumental task, and I want to thank you for doing it. It is a priceless repository of knowledge for our TI system.

I couldn't agree more. Thank you so much for your effort Ernie - even if you did do for yourself, the end result has benefited everyone :D.

• 6 years later...
10 minutes ago, INVISIBLE said:

Out of all the books at << THIS SITE >> which one has been the most interesting and useful to you?  Have you ever printed out an entire book, just parts of one, or simply keep them and use them in PDF format?

Over the years, I probably used the User's Reference Guide more than any of the others, but in recent years, TI-99/4A Intern has probably outdistanced that---and, I printed that one out some time ago. I have a couple of copies of the URG, so did not need to print it.

...lee

• Like 2