IGNORED

Entex Adventure Vision

Atari2008

Eh is a really nice looking console but it's nothing special.I got it as an early graduation gift(I have one more year left) and I haven't really played it that much.1 becuase there are only 4 games made for it and 2 because the thing has a spinning motor inside and I'm afraid I will break it :P .So if you're like me who just have to have every console no matter how bad/expensive it is then get one,but if you're expecting to play some truly great games then look elsewhere I.E. a Vectrex(the AV games are not bad by any means but with only 4 games you will get bored).

• Like 1

That's true, they sure are collectible but in looking for a hidden gem - an obscure console that's actually fun to play in addition to collect for. Although I'm starting to think that doesn't exist.

Sorry to double post but sure there is.There is the Sega SG-1000,Amstrad GX-4000 and the FM Towns Marty.I'll list my favorite games from my personal collection.

Fm Towns Marty

--------------------

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Monkey Island II

Ultima VI

Wing Commander II

Splatterhouse

super street fighter 2

Bubble Bubble

After Burner

SG-1000

--------

Girl's Garden

Shinnyushain Tooru Kun

Doki doki Penguin Land

monaco GP

Hustle Chumy
Lode Runner
Zippy Race

Bomb jack

Castle

H.E.R.O.

Flicky

Zaxxon

Amstrad GX-4000

-----------------------

Burnin' Rubber

Robocop 2

Switchblade

Pang

Plotting

Edited by xDragonWarrior

Sorry to double post but sure there is.There is the Sega SG-1000,Amstrad GX-4000 and the FM Towns Marty.I'll list my favorite games from my personal collection.

Fm Towns Marty

--------------------

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Monkey Island II

Ultima VI

Wing Commander II

Splatterhouse

super street fighter 2

Bubble Bubble

After Burner

SG-1000

--------

Girl's Garden

Shinnyushain Tooru Kun

Doki doki Penguin Land

monaco GP

Hustle Chumy
Lode Runner
Zippy Race

Bomb jack

Castle

H.E.R.O.

Flicky

Zaxxon

Amstrad GX-4000

-----------------------

Burnin' Rubber

Robocop 2

Switchblade

Pang

Plotting

Thanks for this post! Yeah, I think the novelty would wear off with the AdventureVision, plus I'd be afraid of the spinning mirror breaking too. I like having rare consoles but that one is a bit too rare. ;)

Thanks for the rare but fun consoles list! I haven't heard of most of them so I'll look into them, looks like they do have fun libraries. The SG-1000 I've heard about since a lot of those games have been ported over to the Colecovision as homebrews. Looks fun!

BTW, are the Adventure Vision carts actually game roms? Or are they just jumpers like the "carts" for the Odyssey 1?

Real carts - just very few of them. I don't know why people want an expensive machine that breaks easily. I'd wait until the FPGA Arcade comes out to enjoy Adventurevision action.

A friend of mine has an Adventurevision - they are impressive machines imo. The 'cartridge' housing is pretty interesting - it's just a two-part shell which clicks into place around the rom chip itself, the rom is not soldered to a PCB of any kind so its more like a socketed ROM thats plugs to the console, rather than a 'proper' cart.

Edited by KidQuaalude

Real carts - just very few of them. I don't know why people want an expensive machine that breaks easily. I'd wait until the FPGA Arcade comes out to enjoy Adventurevision action.

Some of us don't play much video games anymore, but we sure do collect them. I've got a space picked out already, for its projected arrival Wednesday. Stay tuned. :)

Yes I am! I also have two sealed Adventurevision games to go along with it (I once sold them, then worked out a deal with the buyer).

Awesome! Which games do you have? I've played AdventureVision in emulation and have found it quite fun. I enjoyed Defender and Turtles a lot, but out of the 4 games I did enjoy all of them. interesting machine.

Awesome! Which games do you have? I've played AdventureVision in emulation and have found it quite fun. I enjoyed Defender and Turtles a lot, but out of the 4 games I did enjoy all of them. interesting machine.

Here's a pic of the sealed games I own. I won't open them though, so the only two I can play are Defender and Super Cobra. I need to find two others I can play. :)

sealedadventurevisiongames.jpg

Here's a pic of the sealed games I own. I won't open them though, so the only two I can play are Defender and Super Cobra. I need to find two others I can play. :)

sealedadventurevisiongames.jpg

They look awesome! Congrats! Good luck hunting down loose copies to play. Nice Nintendo collection too. :)

they look resealed(could be wrong) but either way great score 4909df23df7b7212a3fe7b71e80a7ff2.gif?v=4

No, they are just both inside of one sealed bag, which is unknown if it came like that from the factory or is aftermarket (seller "School Girl In A Short Red Dress" bought it like that). But out of the bag, they are each individually sealed. Luckily, AV games have a very unique seal so I know they were never opened.

• 9 months later...

No, they are just both inside of one sealed bag, which is unknown if it came like that from the factory or is aftermarket (seller "School Girl In A Short Red Dress" bought it like that). But out of the bag, they are each individually sealed. Luckily, AV games have a very unique seal so I know they were never opened.

Wonderful!

I've an Adventure Vision too and I love it.

If you'll sell them, please let me know.

Wonderful!

I've an Adventure Vision too and I love it.

If you'll sell them, please let me know.

Thanks, but I'm taking them to the grave and hopefully beyond. :) I was recently offered $900 for the sealed games. Couldn't do it. Anyway, I'm going to do a review on it soon on my new YouTube Channel (see link in sig).

Edited by Zap!

• 1 year later...

Amstrad GX-4000

-----------------------

Burnin' Rubber

Robocop 2

Switchblade

Pang

Plotting

Since the GX4000 come with RGB out only, you might as well go for the 6128Plus that is the basis for the GX4000 - it's way more common to find (although it's still rare in it's own) more reliable, and you get access to both the GX-4000 cart library and the Amstrad CPC library as the Plus series is backward compatible, which give you access to approximatively 2000 games.

Just sayin' ;)

• 2 months later...

A roughed-up on is on eBay right now with a BIN for $3,500. Yikes!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142131183530?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It looks like that one hasn't sold and has been relisted several times, now down to a measly $3,000 asking price.

Here is a "for parts or repair, as-is" Adventure Vision that actually SOLD a couple days ago, for a price almost as outrageous as the still for sale BIN one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Entex-Adventure-Vision-Video-Game-System-w-Defender-As-Is-PARTS-REPAIR-free-shp-/282288325409?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=0xABzyrQmacCfVwdXFvK7hvBQLM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc