IGNORED

CollectorVision 2014 Lineup

retroillucid

so is cabbage patch the same hack I have from way back in the day when you had it and created a box for it?

Yes, but the packaging you're reffereing to look like shit, honestly .... This was one of my very first attempt to make boxes

So what is this CPK hack anyway? Does it have added screens?

I think Steve is a SG1000 guy , so bet this will be a SG port ;)

Did the SG-1000 version allow the player to speed up the game at a press of a button? Someone once told me there was such an option when I complained that The Castle played rather slowly. I'm hoping this feature will exist in the ColecoVision version...

Not sure how I feel about Comic Bakery being released as I have one of the five prototypes from OpCode. I would hope that the CollectorVision version would be SIGNIFICANTLY different than the OpCode prototype and not just a new release with polished graphics or something...otherwise you will be setting a really bad precedent for both developers and for the gaming community that either purchased prototypes or may be inclined to purchase prototypes, or even limited releases, at higher prices in the future.

Troy

Not sure how I feel about Comic Bakery being released as I have one of the five prototypes from OpCode. I would hope that the CollectorVision version would be SIGNIFICANTLY different than the OpCode prototype and not just a new release with polished graphics or something...otherwise you will be setting a really bad precedent for both developers and for the gaming community that either purchased prototypes or may be inclined to purchase prototypes, or even limited releases, at higher prices in the future.

Troy

It sounds like it's a re-done conversion, and quite likely not based on Eduardo's version. If I had the skill and time, I'd do the conversion myself. I seriously thought about re-doing the SG-1000 ones that he sold around the same time, because I was disappointed with the limited distribution.

It sounds like it's a re-done conversion, and quite likely not based on Eduardo's version. If I had the skill and time, I'd do the conversion myself. I seriously thought about re-doing the SG-1000 ones that he sold around the same time, because I was disappointed with the limited distribution.

I confirm, it's a re-done conversion :-D

• Like 2

But what I can do if a programmer release his version of Mario Bros ?

Not much really

Or what if while I develop or produce a game and someone beat me and release it before me?

No much...

So by your saying, nobody should ever port Galaga to CV cause someone sold homebrew protos

We're not talking about an original game idea here, a game that no one of us own the rights

Don't get me wrong though, I understand your point of view too

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 3

Troy

Do you have really the feeling to have bought a "Prototype"?

I don't consider what Eduardo sold on ebay as a "prototype". It is something like a very limited edition to allow him to found his SGM development. It has been made specifically for that.

Aside that i understand your concern , but you can not blame CollectorVision to create its own version here.

And personally , i think i could be not a such bad thing to create such of precedent.... It could not so bad for the community at the end.

Edited by youki
  • Like 1

Do you have really the feeling to have bought a "Prototype"?

I don't consider what Eduardo sold on ebay as a "prototype". It is something like a very limited edition to allow him to found his SGM development. It has been made specifically for that.

Eduardo called those 5-cart limited releases "prototypes" because they did not undergo rigorous beta-testing. He just ported them, tested them himself to the best of his abilities, and that was it. They may bug out and crash if you play any length of time with them.

But you're right, he auctioned off those prototypes to help fund the SGM.

Eduardo called those 5-cart limited releases "prototypes" because they did not undergo rigorous beta-testing. He just ported them, tested them himself to the best of his abilities, and that was it. They may bug out and crash if you play any length of time with them.

humm... so most of Collectorvision 'release are prototype? :grin: ... ok..i'm just kidding...:) but in the past , it was not so wrong... ;)

Aside that i understand your concern , but you can not blame CollectorVision to create its own version here.

And personally , i think i could be not a such bad thing to create such of precedent.... It could not so bad for the community at the end.

Exactly. Now, I beg you good sir... be a saint to the community and produce a few more copies of ghost n zombies. Hell, I'd buy it even if it was in an old E.T. Cart.