IGNORED

TI 00/4A Printing and scrolling--help!

ProfDrJWM

I am new to the TI 99/4A and there are three areas relating to scrolling and printing that mystify me. Can anyone help?

(1) Once I've written and saved (on disk) an entire TI-99/4A program in BASIC, is there any way
then
to print it from the computer--without entirely redoing it--starting all over again, this time beginning with PRINT #4: "PIO", followed by the whole program rewritten--with each line beginning PRINT #4: "[TEXT]" ? Isn't there some kind of command one can introduce at the end of the original program to print it as is? (I have checked four or five old textbooks for the TI-99/4A and BASIC programming on the TI-99/4A and none of them answers this.)
(2) When a BASIC program I've written is fairly long--too long to appear in its entirety on the monitor screen--it of course scrolls to the end. How can I get it back to the first line, so that I can go through the whole program line-by-line to make sure there are no logic errors or to make corrections/additions? I don't want to remove lines or edit yet--I just want to return to the first entry (line 10) so that I can proceed line-by-line through the entire program. As is, I can only see the final 20 or so lines on screen! I have tried the arrow keys, the back key, etc., with no effect. (Again, none of the books seems to address this.)
(3) Where can I purchase pin-holed paper rolls that will work with an Epson MX-80 printer??

I can quickly answer the first question: Load the program into memory and then from the command line type LIST "PIO" and it will go to your printer. If you're using the RS-232, just change it to LIST "RS232/1"

To LIST parts of the program to the screen, just type LIST 100-200 to list those lines only to the screen. That way you can step your way through the program in chunks on the screen.

The answers are found on page II-22 of the TI User's Reference Guide.

It is available for download here (along with a plethora of TI books):

http://pergrem.com/tibooks/

It is available for download here (along with a plethora of TI books):

http://pergrem.com/tibooks/

Thanks for posting that link! I didn't know this was out there at all. I've owned a TI-99/4A for a couple of years now (bought it at a flea market), and it came with its original manuals, but very often you can glean more meaningful information from other third-party books and publications (the "missing" manuals).