IGNORED

Bad trader alert - Scooter83

jacobus

Beware of Scooter83

I purchased an Atari 800 and 800 mainboard from him. The 800 arrive smashed due to an incredibly crappy packaging job (which he charged an extra $10 for). The 800 mainboard turned out to be a non-functional 400 board. He made all sorts of promises to correct the issues and then disappeared from sight.

I give him an a-hole rating of 8.5

That is terrible. I should give packaging lessons on Youtube. I have shipped to Canada a few times.

Hint for people shipping heavy delicate things:

Can you drop the package down a flight of stairs with no worries? No? Well then you did not package it good enough, period. There is no such thing as "under-packaging". Use extra everything...it is worth it in the long haul.

• Like 5

Can you drop the package down a flight of stairs with no worries? No? Well then you did not package it good enough, period. There is no such thing as "under-packaging". Use extra everything...it is worth it in the long haul.

Amen, this should be in bold letters at the top of every sellers page on ebay.

As to the topic at hand, haven't seen Scooter around lately. Hope he pops in with his side of this. Hopefully it's something that can be rectified. We're all pretty good to each other here.

• Like 2

A few years ago I had like 5 packages stacked I was carrying outside. While fumbling trying to close the door a few fell down the cement stairs to the basement. It annoyed me but I said to hell with it I know they are fine. I picked them up walked out the door and shipped them. No problems.

I had a so-so dealing in November that I wasn't happy with. It all ended up decent, but he's not a good communicator and has memory problems. I paid for an 800XL (my first, btw) that was advertised to come with a controller and power supply.

Sent payment November 15th. Didn't hear anything until November 29th even after a few PMs to get attention. You can see where the messages were read and that he was on the forum. So I went ahead and filed a claim with payapl. That got his attention. He said he didn't see the messages and forgt to send it and that the package was next to him the whole time, lol. He promised a partial refund and sent it. I got it December 2nd. It didn't have a controller and no partial refund was issued. The deal thread was deleted after the sale so there's no proof of the missing item.

Oh well, the computer works and I enjoy it. Just thought I'd throw that out there. And he has a youtube channel that he posts on regularly. He's a nice dude just not all there, imo.

I had a so-so dealing in November that I wasn't happy with. It all ended up decent, but he's not a good communicator and has memory problems. I paid for an 800XL (my first, btw) that was advertised to come with a controller and power supply.

Sent payment November 15th. Didn't hear anything until November 29th even after a few PMs to get attention. You can see where the messages were read and that he was on the forum. So I went ahead and filed a claim with payapl. That got his attention. He said he didn't see the messages and forgt to send it and that the package was next to him the whole time, lol. He promised a partial refund and sent it. I got it December 2nd. It didn't have a controller and no partial refund was issued. The deal thread was deleted after the sale so there's no proof of the missing item.

Oh well, the computer works and I enjoy it. Just thought I'd throw that out there. And he has a youtube channel that he posts on regularly. He's a nice dude just not all there, imo.

Unfortunately I have to totally agree with you about him not being good with communication and his memory problems ... at times with me he has and others not so much . Hes a nice guy and I have had a few successful deals with him when I sold him some games . Our last deal has been going for months and months after me digging through everything for him so I finally gave up on holding it for him . I have never bought anything from him though so I havent had a bad experience in that way .