I'm afraid I'm having the same issue as zylon. The * key seems to be working like the Reset key. Also, I'm seeing a lot of random characters in both the High Score area and on the screen that appears between Player One and Player Two's turn.

Yep. I tried another console to be sure. Mine are both 4 port decks. One early, and one "last ditch" versions.

That's an intersting variant of Dig Dug. Thanks Aking for picking up where 8bit-guy left off, and for not being a douche like him by trying to charge for them.

Right on with that! The problem with 8-bit guy was that he wanted $10 bucks per rom. I thought it fair to throw a few bucks for his time in converting, but not that much.

For those having problems, is this any better?

I do not have any issues running the original from my USD - but random characters may suggest it is not initialising it's variables and relying on RAM being cleared. Perhaps the USD or the particular version of firmware in mine clears out RAM when launching a cart where others don't.

Anyway, in this version RAM is cleared during initialisation.

ant.bin

For those having problems, is this any better?

I do not have any issues running the original from my USD - but random characters may suggest it is not initialising it's variables and relying on RAM being cleared. Perhaps the USD or the particular version of firmware in mine clears out RAM when launching a cart where others don't.

Anyway, in this version RAM is cleared during initialisation.

That did the trick! Fixed both the garbage characters and the Player 1/ Player 2 issue. Thank you!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

This seems to be working on my 4-port/Ultimate SD - it's a 1-chip image and uses * for difficulty.

Thank you!!

The only problem I noticed is the Start, pause and reset buttons seem to be in auto fire mode. It doesn't affect the game in any way though.

I love these conversions.