IGNORED

Update SDX on SIDE2?

Larry

Is there some docs that explain how to update SDX on the SIDE2 (and presumably the original SIDE)? The update files that I've seen are XEX files.

I have looked here, but have found nothing about updating SDX. IF it works like the IDE+2, then I should be able to boot to the internal SDX then load/execute the XEX update file. But I'd rather hear from someone that knows instead of guessing.

Thanks,

Larry

Is there some docs that explain how to update SDX on the SIDE2 (and presumably the original SIDE)?

I have looked here, but have found nothing about updating SDX.

I have a working SIDE2 update ATR here, if you can possibly hang on for about a day until I get everything packaged up. I'm working as fast as I can. Evidently people are waiting for this stuff...

There's a ROM currently on my website, but no means to actually get it onto the cartridge without a PLCC programmer. This is all about to change.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Sure Jon, that's no problem, but I still need to know how to do it. I don't see any explanation at your web site, so I asked the question. I presumed that folks have used the XEX files in the past...

-Larry

edit: my mistake -- it is a ROM at your site. The older one that I saw (somewhere) is an ATR.

what about side 2 update for Ultimate 1mb ?

You mean the PBI BIOS? That'll be available at the weekend also, as a uflash image and a stand-alone XEX installer. You can also update Ultimate's SDX with uflash, or using an ATR similar to the one for SIDE.

Edited by flashjazzcat