IGNORED

Completionist Collector's Collection

LX.NET

:lust: Oh how I would love to relieve you of that heavy burden. If ever I can help you out, just say the word and I will open my home to your trouble, Bubble Trouble ;)

If it's not about having specifically the first run, you can still pre-order the next production run of the game at Telegames... no telling what the cart and packaging will look like though. :)

http://www.telegames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=bubble%20trouble&product_id=5855

Yes, I got one for free at CES (when both CES and Atari were in Chicago) with California Games surfing on the front.

Slightly off-topic... you have screenshots of some unreleased Lynx games on your website. Did you do those yourself? If so, any chance for a release of Pounce and Geo Duel, both of which I believe have neither ROM nor physical release to date?

More brochures:

attachicon.gifWP_002583.jpg

Magazines:

Two variations (one a loose magazine, the other inside the Electronic Gaming Monthly)

attachicon.gifWP_002585.jpg

Two versions of this magazine (first is on thin paper, the other on very sturdy "paper"):

attachicon.gifWP_002586.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_002587.jpgattachicon.gifWP_002591.jpgattachicon.gifWP_002592.jpg

Where did you find an Atari Entertainment. Atari Adventures and Lynx User? :love: And can you possibly scan them on PDF? I've been searching for fanzines since late January (and have compiled an impressive list of them).

Edited by AtariLynx Lover

Atari Entertainment and Lynx User are already scanned and available for d/l. Search here for Lynx User and over at Jaguar for Atari Entertainment for the links.

Atari Adventures was a magazine pack-in (if I remember this right), I got the issue too but my Lynx stuff is packed up at the mo.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/188058-lynx-user-magazine/ Do you mean this one for Lynx User? All the scans are missing and the download links don't work - I believe the term is that they are "broken"?

And I searched the Jaguar forum, but there were no download links nor scans.

If it's not about having specifically the first run, you can still pre-order the next production run of the game at Telegames... no telling what the cart and packaging will look like though. :)

http://www.telegames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=bubble%20trouble&product_id=5855

Thanks, I tried but no cigar. The site wouldn't let me place a pre-order and they haven't responded to email request yet. Email was the only way I saw to contact them.

Yeah I remember scanning all issues way back, so the Lynx User Megaupload site is defunct, and Jaguar sector II closed down. Bummer

Guess somebody else might be able to help.

Edited by high voltage

Yeah I remember scanning all issues way back, so the Lynx User Megaupload site is defunct, and Jaguar sector II closed down. Bummer

Guess somebody else might be able to help.

Here you go. Atari Lynx User issues 1 through 4:

issue_1.rar

issue_2.rar

issue_3.rar

issue_4.rar

Edited by LX.NET
  • Like 2

Thanks, I tried but no cigar. The site wouldn't let me place a pre-order and they haven't responded to email request yet. Email was the only way I saw to contact them.

Maybe you should check your spam folder. Pete from Telegames replied very quickly to me.

Edited by 108 Stars

Gates of Zendocon, is the biggest box the Japanese version? Trying to locate this myself.

The big box can be either Japanese or US/European. I have both. The Japanese box is exactly the same as the non-Japanese box, except for the manual. I am not sure whether the Japanese version exists in a small box version. The two manuals that I have are both large. One from a large box and the other in a batch of manuals (no game or box).

My spare manual is up for trade. PM me if you are interested.

He emailed me this morning. Looks like they will be doing another run in 4-6 months. Reserving my complete copy now :) Thanks for your help. After I get this my collection will finally be complete :D Now to start on brochures and variations!

I have a great set of manuals to get you started ;) And you have a spare cartridge that is not in my collection yet. :D

Edited by LX.NET

The big box can be either Japanese or US/European. I have both. The Japanese box is exactly the same as the non-Japanese box, except for the manual. I am not sure whether the Japanese version exists in a small box version. The two manuals that I have are both large. One from a large box and the other in a batch of manuals (no game or box).

My spare manual is up for trade. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for all the info. :)

Edited by Axe

Here are some additional pictures of my collection.

Small (Lynx II) and large (Lynx I) pouches:

post-27403-0-58191300-1393192899_thumb.jpg

Power adaptors (UK, US and European), Sun visors (Lynx I and II), and Car adapter:

post-27403-0-23037200-1393193187_thumb.jpg

Two variations of the battery pack:

post-27403-0-87016000-1393193204_thumb.jpg

Two variations of ComLynx cable boxes (although I used more than 2 boxes to show the differences):

post-27403-0-54396200-1393193292_thumb.jpg

Kit case:

post-27403-0-10994100-1393193381_thumb.jpg

Special version of the kit:

post-27403-0-37864100-1393193408_thumb.jpg

Notice how it doesn't have the velcro edged covers for the game pockets. They were never there to begin with. I have another one that is the same (besides the ones with the covers).

Two collectibles:

T-shirt (new still sealed, but it is the "Is your brain big enough?" shirt.

post-27403-0-97465900-1393194099_thumb.jpg

Lynx flag. I am not sure if this is genuine. The Lynx letters are not exactly right, and the subtitle has mostly been "Portable Color Entertainment System".

post-27403-0-92243000-1393194164_thumb.jpg

And finally, the Lynx consoles in boxes:

Two variations of the big grey box. The big one holds the first Lynx I model (Circular controller pad). The second (smaller) one has the newer Lynx I model (with the + shaped controller) and is my first Lynx.

post-27403-0-90466100-1393193718_thumb.jpg

Other boxes. The top one holds a new model Lynx I. The other two are for the Lynx II model. Neither of these have power adapters included.

post-27403-0-99371500-1393193740_thumb.jpg

Repeat photo of three Lynx boxes. All are new in the box. I've got a new Lynx II on the way and one in the US waiting for me to pick up.

post-27403-0-34484100-1393193810_thumb.jpg

This is what the inside of the Rygar box Lynx I looks like.

post-27403-0-73814400-1393193824_thumb.jpg

That pretty much concludes my collection. I will post updates here whenever I receive something new.

Edited by LX.NET

Thanks for spotting that! I didn't notice the status change when I was on the Telegames site a few days ago.

I've sent an e-mail to Pete advising that I'd buy all of their post-Atari releases if they did another run; it can't hurt letting him know that there's some pent-up demand here.

Oke, two things. I lied. Or put another way: I didn't remember correctly when I started collecting. I did start out as early as 1989 picking up the brochures I still have. But as it turned out, I only bought my first Lynx in 1991 (!) OMG. Here's the proof of the receipt I looked up:

post-27403-0-41706400-1393251945_thumb.jpg

Second, I had some more stuff to show. For example, the pins. Thanks G40rocket for reminding me.

post-27403-0-39260100-1393252253_thumb.jpg

And I have also saved the fronts of Lynx game boxes that were damaged beyond repair (or selling). Usually, the boxes had completely crushed sides, but the front was intact.

post-27403-0-08065400-1393252049_thumb.jpg

There's also this Batman cartridge that I came across. I first thought that someone had deliberately swapped the sticker to the back, but it has a sticker on both sides. It is damaged from insertion, but even then the sticker could not have been pealed off and put on again, as the corners are perfect. Judge yourself whether this is a genuine misprint.

post-27403-0-06100600-1393252161_thumb.jpgpost-27403-0-56451400-1393252169_thumb.jpg

Edited by LX.NET