IGNORED

BASIC Ten-Liners - Contest 2014

Bunsen

Yep,

Jump isn`t the best choice as a name for this game, since there are already some A8 games with this name, e.g.

- Jump by Kemal Ezcan: http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=4858

- Jump by D. Johannsen (Yoomp is also based on this game!): http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2140

Maybe the tenliners game should be named "Walk and Fall" or "Roll and Fall" ;-)

-Andreas Koch.

Hmmm, just tried Jump, amazing what can be done in just a few lines of Basic code. One observation though, should the game really be called Jump. You don't actually jump at all. You just walk of the edges of the platforms and fall.

Bob

Heh, good point, but I was thinking of "jump off a building" sense of the word, or "jump off a bridge" or "jump off this platform that is raising me to my doom if I don't get out of here quickly!" or when you're in a hurry, "Jump!!!" :)

Edited by Xuel
  • Like 2

There was very similar game from Grzybsoniada Party 2012, the difference in graph and playability, it was called "Sh#t falling down".

Gówno spadające w dół (the word "sh#t" in meaning "something" rather).

I post it not for plagiarism nor so, but that the author (Koala) probably could not find a proper name either :D

Edited by jhusak
  • Like 1

15th game registered :thumbsup:

Jumpsheep by fdingler

Paddleship by Bill Kendrick

Sijmen by me

Squirrel by fdingler

Shmup by Bill Kendrick

Colfusion by Irgendwer

Planets by Bill Kendrick

Slice by Bill Kendrick

GozMind by gozar

Carrera by Daniel Serpell

Minijong by Bill Kendrick

Jump! by Xuel

Count1ing Zoo by 1NG

Hanged Man by Jakub Husak

Gwobby Micro by Jason Kendall

Heh, good point, but I was thinking of "jump off a building" sense of the word, or "jump off a bridge" or "jump off this platform that is raising me to my doom if I don't get out of here quickly!" or when you're in a hurry, "Jump!!!" :)

Hmm,

in an A8 text-adventure one would abbreviate this with "jump building" or "jump bridge" or if 3 words were allowed one would most likely use "jump off building" or "jump off bridge". Since your program is only ten lines short, why not also use something short for the title, e.g. an abbreviation, like JOB, errmm J.O.B. ?!? ;-)

-Andreas Koch.

I guess my original point was you don't really jump off the platforms, you just walk off them . I guess walking off the edge of a building or jumping off the edge of a building would result in the same outcome. It's just the word jump (to me) implied a little upwards launch from the platforms, but there is none of that you simply walk off not jump.

Bob

I so want to enter, but for the fourth game ive attempted im stilll coming up short, er long by a couple of lines. Back to the drawing board.

If you want to send me a copy I'll see if I can spot anything - my code is not like anyone else's - I used the drunken spider system ;)