IGNORED

Yurkie's N64 & NES RGB mods *NESRGB in Stock US Distributor*

Yurkie

I got my AV Famicom back this week as well. I won't be able to really test it out until my Framemeister gets here from Japan (and it's got a LONG time to go), but Kid Dracula and Goonies look pretty good through an old, tiny LCD I have that has S-Video. Unfortunately, Castlevania really doesn't look good. Every time I move and the screen scrolls, everything noticeably dims. On my regular, unmodded NES, this shows up as blurring of the background, but isn't as distracting as the S-Video rendition. I hope this is something that is fixed by SCART and the Framemeister (and it has nothing to do with Yurkie's work, just to be clear)!

Edited by Rasdock

I got my AV Famicom back this week as well. I won't be able to really test it out until my Framemeister gets here from Japan (and it's got a LONG time to go), but Kid Dracula and Goonies look pretty good through an old, tiny LCD I have that has S-Video. Unfortunately, Castlevania really doesn't look good. Every time I move and the screen scrolls, everything noticeably dims. On my regular, unmodded NES, this shows up as blurring of the background, but isn't as distracting as the S-Video rendition. I hope this is something that is fixed by SCART and the Framemeister (and it has nothing to do with Yurkie's work, just to be clear)!

It should be fixed by the XRGB Mini. I have both my AV Famicom and NES running via RGB (JP21) into the XRGB Mini, and all three Castlevania games look fantastic with no scrolling / dimming issues. Just make sure you get high quality cables though. For these two systems, I went with the pro-coaxial upgrade from Retro Console Accessories due to increased chance of (audio) interference.

Cheers! Yeah, I've already got my Retro Consoles cables. Those guys are incredible.

I started on this crazy RGB quest because I pulled my front-loader NES out of storage of about 25 years, and it worked! But, Castlevania looked awful. I actually bought an AV Famicom, since it's a little more versatile (and just plain cool), but I may get the front-loader modded eventually, as you did! I don't have a solid reason to, but if I have some extra money burning a hole in my pocket, who knows! Anyway, I can't wait to see these games in full RGB once my XRGB gets here.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my Framemeister. avatar162834_4.gif Good gravy! My previously mentioned issues with Castlevania are gone. Akumajo Densetsu looks great. In the first level of TMNT: The Manhattan Project, there is a dithered texture on the side of some buildings that created an unsightly moire pattern with RF or composite. The pattern is rock solid with RGB. If anyone is thinking of taking the plunge, send your machine off to Yurkie and join the fun. I'm considering getting my Coleco and N64 done now. :grin:

Edited by Rasdock
  • Like 1

Received my NES from Yurkie. Haven't had an extended play yet but initial impressions are stellar. The image quality from RGB is phenomenal. Palette switch is nice. The mod itself is so well done it looks like part of the original machine. Also, and this is an important point, it was shipped back using priority mail and was very well protected in terms of bubble wrap and packing peanuts.

Thanks Yurkie!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a NESRGB modded front loader from Yurkie about a year ago, and it's still running like a champ (I thought I posted about it when I received it but it looks like I didn't. My apologies!).

Yurkie was a pleasure to work with, the transaction went smoothly and the communication was top notch. I would definitely buy from him again if needed in the future.

• 2 weeks later...